Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
houston4044
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby houston4044 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:24 pm

someone else wrote:Regarding LOA - I think its fair to mention the singer - I've seen them twice, once before the transition and once last year.

(Trying to tiptoe around the whole PC thing on here but probably going to fall right into it) Does Mina sing like she used to per-transition or has she changed her style? Most of the live vids I've found on youtube aren't high enough quality for me to tell.

Pretty average announcement for me.

Paradise Lost- Starting to find them repetitive now, would of preferred someone else. Will probably check them out though, not the biggest fan of DT but worth checking out.

Anselmo- Politics aside, he's been losing his voice for a few years so it'll be a pale imitation of a Pantera act (1 member isn't exactly a resounding tribute). Saying that, never got to see Pantera back in the day and not big on tribute bands so I'll probably watch just to see some of the classics live.

Life of Agony- Don't really see how they're hardcore to be honest, most of their songs sound like middle of the road alt-rock. Will probably give them a go at BOA but can see myself getting bored quickly.

Diamond Head- Pretty much what I said about Anselmo except I'm only really interested in Lightning to the Nations material (seen them before and not a big fan of their other stuff).

Unless BOA are changing their booking policy (smaller headliners but bigger names on the lower card) then I'm not liking the way the main stages are setting up. Skindred, Anselmo and Gloryhammer look to be getting prominent slots; don't think Diamond Head are really mainstage material either tbh.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:00 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Paradise Lost- Starting to find them repetitive now, would of preferred someone else. Will probably check them out though, not the biggest fan of DT but worth checking out.

I kind of agree. I love PL, but they could have gone for other similar bands - My Dying Bride stick out, or Candlemass, or, as much as I can't stand them, Electric Wizard. It just seems like they want a "doom" band on the mainstage they book Paradise Lost.

Hmm two headliners Monday...any big tours? Or are they just gonna be announced on the Daniel Carter rock show again? I was thinking that if they were announcing on Halloween they could go for Rob Zombie/Alice Cooper, who are both vaguely Halloween related, but if they are doing Monday instead I guess it doesn't fit.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:30 am

Ghost wrote:Are king 810 too big to headline bloodstock now do we think?

Oh Jesus fuck, you had to go and say that :o If I never see them again it will be far too soon.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

SlaytanicBacon
Definitely Not Nu

Postby SlaytanicBacon » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:09 pm

If headliners are going to be announced before Halloween, my guess is Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper - both previous headliners (since it's the anniversary) and Rob Zombie was announced on Halloween last time.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:28 pm

It could be Marylin Manson and Rob Zombie, as they are touring together in the US. It wouldn't be a particularly well rounded set of headliners though.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:36 pm

Strange that usually by this time we have a good idea of who we may get but it seems completely up in the air this time. I'd put my money on Priest and Behemoth but I'm not confident in that prediction. Like others have said, this announcement will most likely determine whether I bother next year or not. So far, most of what has been announced is 'ok' without making me want to shell out for a ticket

SlaytanicBacon
Definitely Not Nu

Postby SlaytanicBacon » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:11 pm

fluffkitten wrote:Headliners Monday.

What's the source of this? I can't find where this is mentioned anywhere so doubt we'll get an announcement so soon as we just had one.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:18 pm

SlaytanicBacon wrote:

What's the source of this? I can't find where this is mentioned anywhere so doubt we'll get an announcement so soon as we just had one.

They've said both headliners will be announced by the end of October, and apparently it's gonna be on Monday.

I can't confirm the Monday bit, but I saw the end of October bit, so that's definitely official.

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:25 pm

SlaytanicBacon wrote:

Post on the Rock Soc FB page. Was an image of a conversation one of the Rock Soc volunteers had with Adam Gregory, I'd say it was a good source. :)
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:30 pm

Could be king diamond. I mean they have a song called Halloween :lol:
I see the bad moon arising.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:31 pm

Or John carpenter Ha ha.
I see the bad moon arising.

Nicktrix
Powermetal Child

Postby Nicktrix » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:10 pm

Ghost wrote:Or John carpenter Ha ha.

Following on from the Scorpions last year, he could headline Sunday night in the new septuagenarian slot

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:11 pm

It could be the Happy Mondays :lol:

dclizardking
Paster of Muppets

Postby dclizardking » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:16 pm

Ghost wrote:Could be king diamond. I mean they have a song called Halloween :lol:

Mercyful Fate are playing festivals next summer and I have been hoping we get them for BOA.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:26 pm

It could be Marylin Manson and Rob Zombie, as they are touring together in the US. It wouldn't be a particularly well rounded set of headliners though
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?