Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
varangian
Consort of the Beast

Re: Next Announcement

Postby varangian » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:54 pm

It could be the Misfits they have a song called Halloween also
It could be Blue Oyster Cult they had music in the Halloween film
It could be Helloween I mean its when Pumpkins arise, right?
It could be Behemoth, I mean Pagan festival October 31st and all that
It could be Marillion, they had an album called "Clutching at straws"
It could be Killswitch Engage, they are your usual BOA disappointing announcement
It could be Metallica, Lars drumming is pretty horrific
It could be Machine Head, last time a 666 reference came up it was.. strangely
It could be Whitesnake, I mean whats more Halloween than Whitesnake

I`m going for all of the above :lol:

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:26 pm

It could be King 810, coz the thought of them headlining scares the shit out of me.

metaldinosaur wrote:It could be Marylin Manson and Rob Zombie, as they are touring together in the US. It wouldn't be a particularly well rounded set of headliners though

Oh god I hope not, Zombie's already played and wasn't amazing then. Manson's form is so iffy that I'd hope that would be enough to deter the bookers.

Are Helloween even touring the Pumpkins line up anymore? Where has the idea of them come from?

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:56 am

houston4044 wrote:
Are Helloween even touring the Pumpkins line up anymore? Where has the idea of them come from?

They've said they're going to be doing it for at least another year or two yet (they're recording an album at some point too), but I've not seen them announce anything for the summer.

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:56 am

Clutch just been announced for Into The Grave along with Devin, Paradise Lost and Gloryhammer. Could they be a headliner? Certainly big enough, but not sure quite the right genre

Personally I’d love it, but understand it wouldn’t suit everyone

Nicktrix
Powermetal Child

Postby Nicktrix » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:37 am

cheesemason wrote:Clutch just been announced for Into The Grave along with Devin, Paradise Lost and Gloryhammer. Could they be a headliner? Certainly big enough, but not sure quite the right genre

Personally I’d love it, but understand it wouldn’t suit everyone

No band is ever going to suit everyone ....

Saw them at Download earlier this year, and they were excellent. Ended up being much more enjoyable than the band I actually went to see. They're doing a UK tour later this year too, inc Rock City.

Would love to see them at Bloodstock next year, but would be surprised if they headlined.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:43 am

I could see Clutch being a good fit as special guests to Devin, but not as a headliner

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:45 am

Doyle was on tour with LOA so misfits/Danzig would be great. Although don't know how well they would go down

Haven't heard or seen anything from king810 since they last played so deco not headline size, hopefully we never hear from them again

At this point I don't even care who plays, nothing on the lineup is doing anything for me apart from Devy and I know ATG is gonna have the better lineup for me. If I do go it will only be for the campsite

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:11 pm

some_thing_wild wrote:Haven't heard or seen anything from king810 since they last played so deco not headline size, hopefully we never hear from them again

I'm sure the person who originally suggested that was joking, or at least I hope they were. :lol:

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:26 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:
some_thing_wild wrote:Haven't heard or seen anything from king810 since they last played so deco not headline size, hopefully we never hear from them again

I'm sure the person who originally suggested that was joking, or at least I hope they were. :lol:

Of course I was :lol:
I see the bad moon arising.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:48 pm

Metaldays have announced a few more bands so hopefully a few more of them play BOA as well (Asphyx, Razor, Wolves In the Throne Room, Havok, Wormrot). Though Can see BOA going for the safe repeats or more hardcore type bands (Despised Icon, Testament, Napalm Death).

Ghost wrote:Of course I was :lol:

You want them for a sub headliner really :P

bloodofthekings wrote:I could see Clutch being a good fit as special guests to Devin, but not as a headliner

Skindred into Clutch and finished up by Devin? Would be a hell of a party and I'd love it, just have a nagging doubt that it doesn't scream strong line up though.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:42 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Ghost wrote:Of course I was :lol:

You want them for a sub headliner really :P

OOhhh now you're talking. King810 followed by Devin. Jasta from Hatebreed could do a duet with Devin to finish off a perfect day.
I see the bad moon arising.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:26 pm

houston4044 wrote:
bloodofthekings wrote:I could see Clutch being a good fit as special guests to Devin, but not as a headliner

Skindred into Clutch and finished up by Devin? Would be a hell of a party and I'd love it, just have a nagging doubt that it doesn't scream strong line up though.

Nothing about the line-up at the moment screams strong to me

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:46 pm

Vicky just Tweeted to tune in to Planet Rock at 10am Monday for a double headline announcement. I'll wait until it is posted I think.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:08 pm

fluffkitten wrote:Vicky just Tweeted to tune in to Planet Rock at 10am Monday for a double headline announcement. I'll wait until it is posted I think.

Planet Rock's involvement suggests it'll be at least one band they care about, such as Judas Priest, Volbeat or Megadeth. They only gave Bloodstock a mention this year because of Scorpions and KK Downing.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:54 pm

Alice Cooper has a radio show there doesn't he?
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!