Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:06 am

Can understand booking Priest again given the huge crowd they drew last time, probably the biggest in the festival's history (sorry Parkway Hype) and how heavily requested they are. Behemoth bore the living shit out of me so that's only 1/3 headliners for me this year and with the under-card pretty underwhelming too at the moment I can see me spending a fair amount of time in the campsite next year unless things greatly improve.

And unless Mercyful Fate ended up as special guests to Priest that will be 3 years in a row that Bloodstock miss out on a major rarity touring European festivals that would have been a great fit (Helloween in 2018, Demons & Wizards in 2019) - have they just become tone deaf to what their customers want or do they just not give a shit any more?

J.Ross29
Powermetal Child

Postby J.Ross29 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:09 am

Not a bad announcement but also it is hardly an earth shattering one. Priest were great last year but it was only last year. Love Behemoth though they wouldnt have been my first choice. All in all not too shabby. Hoping for some solid SGs and Sophie headliners

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:12 am

Judas Priest will obviously excite a lot of people. They were great last year despite most of the band having little to no stage presence. I think it's a bit odd for them to come back so soon having only headlined last year.

My predictions for future Bloodstocks:

Parkway Drive to headline in 2021
Judas Priest to headline in 2022

SlaytanicBacon
Definitely Not Nu

Postby SlaytanicBacon » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:13 am

Well that's definitely confirmed my attendance - this is the first time I love all three headliners!

I was honestly expecting worse so happy we actually got bands that belong at Bloodstock and not some rubbish Saturday mainstream band no wants.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:19 am

Preist are Priest, popular but ridiculously soon to be back, Slayer and Megadeth had a 3 year gap, just 2 is too soon.

Behemoth are ace and insanely good live, just about headline level now, if Devin can headline so can they.

Still nothing making me gutted I won't be going.

Tankplanker
Consort of the Beast

Postby Tankplanker » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:19 am

Saturday looks great for me, even if it is full of bands I have seen a lot recently because it'll likely be a stacked day. Currently only interested in a Saturday ticket

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:20 am

So 2 bump ups and a repeat from 2 years ago.

Lazy ass booking and not what anybody wanted.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:21 am

Behemoth and Priest, just as expected! :)

Pretty happy with that tbh! I only caught the last couple of Behemoth songs when they subbed in 2016 so pretty excited to see a full headline set from them next year and I'm more familiar with their stuff now.

Can't argue with seeing Priest again and hopefully the 50 years of metal thing will mean some changes in their setlist to last year. They pulled the biggest crowd I've seen at BOA since I started going in 2013 so definitely a solid booking for the organizers.

pinhead0303
Consort of the Beast

Postby pinhead0303 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:21 am

After the worries that Bloodstock blew their budget on Priest last time they played, does the fact that Gloryhammer look to be placed 3rd to 5th, up from 8th last time they played not worry everyone this time round? :lol:

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:22 am

Well, that puts My attendance back on the agenda. However, it doesn't sell me a ticket yet. Preist were at the fest very recently, and I still anticipate seeing them with Ozzy at some point. Behemoth are good, but not so special I can't miss them. Its still down to the other announcements for me, albeit with more optimism now.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:22 am

Meh. Far too soon to have Priest again and they're really not for me, and while I'd certainly watch Behemoth I'm not that arsed about them. I've still only really got 3 bands I particularly care about.

eyesore
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby eyesore » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:34 am

Very disappointed with this announcement. 2 great bands that we can see whenever. I was hoping for Mercyful Fate but now it looks like they'll be playing everywhere else but the UK.

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:06 pm

Middling announcement. Haven't seen Behemoth on the I Loved You At Your Darkest tour yet so will be good to see them.

Judas Priest? Obviously a big booking for the festival, especially seeing they haven't played the UK much recently. But personally I don't like them and it does seem very soon to have them back. At least if I don't like the Sophie headliner I can make an early dart home

Had been hoping the Helloween rumour may have been true thought

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:09 pm

Really pleased about Priest even though they're a quick repeat. With it being their 50th year and the BOA 20th thing it was kind of inevitable. Behemoth I can take or leave, if I watch them I'll enjoy their set but I won't be upset to miss them.

Pleased it wasn't Mercyful Fate since I cannot stand King Diamond's voice, book them as SG and I'll escape to whoever is in the Sophie tent.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:11 pm

3 out of 3 for me with the headliners for next year.

Pretty damn happy the way this is shaping up.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!