Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
someone else
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby someone else » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:12 pm

Agreed - when Metallica did it the most popular songs were the standard ones, so would have been an average set with little surprises.

Anyway, Priest never strike me as that kind of band - they'll have a set for the tour and they'll stick to it. They've never really indulged the UK as anything other than another stop on a tour - even leaving us out on a few.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:10 pm

Bizza wrote:
varangian wrote:I know on the last Judas Priest US tour they brought back many songs that they hadnt played for a number of years, looked great TBH

OK, I`m at least hoping one Bloodstock related organizer looks at this forum now and again(!)
To make their appearance "Something unique" at Bloodstock and 50th anniversary etc
Why not ask this forum or even the awful FB page for 2-3 Priest songs that they would like to hear that are not part of the recent set list? (Dissident agressor? Jawbreaker? Hell is Home? Locked in? Tyrant?)

This would make a Priest Headline set truly unique to BOA and to Priest and to the fans

Pointless, you'd just end up with thousands of votes for Painkiller and Breakin The Law

Just get them to play the whole of Sad Wings of Destiny. That would be the perfect set for me.
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:10 pm

Personally it would secure my ticket if they said they were playing Turbo in full..

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Bizza wrote:
varangian wrote:I know on the last Judas Priest US tour they brought back many songs that they hadnt played for a number of years, looked great TBH

OK, I`m at least hoping one Bloodstock related organizer looks at this forum now and again(!)
To make their appearance "Something unique" at Bloodstock and 50th anniversary etc
Why not ask this forum or even the awful FB page for 2-3 Priest songs that they would like to hear that are not part of the recent set list? (Dissident agressor? Jawbreaker? Hell is Home? Locked in? Tyrant?)

This would make a Priest Headline set truly unique to BOA and to Priest and to the fans

Pointless, you'd just end up with thousands of votes for Painkiller and Breakin The Law

To make it unique and an event to remember, I'd vote for a Bossa Nova version of Beyond The Realms Of Death.

J.Ross29
Powermetal Child

Postby J.Ross29 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:12 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:
J.Ross29 wrote:
dvl666 wrote:So is it because its priest that no one is up in arms about a repeat booking like they were with Slayer, Megadeth and many more that had more of a gap?

I dunno, Nearly every other post on this thread since the announcement has been people saying its too soon.

Me included.

I like a few Mercyful Fate records but I hope to *insert deity of choice* that an SG slot isn't wasted on them. King Diamonds voice is truly awful now. He sounds like Tiny Tim. At least Tiny Tim sang in tune. I feel like if they are booked it will be on account of their status as a classic act rather than the quality of the band!

So just like Slayer the last two times they played then?

yeah...basically :lol:

devilman
Lowly Peon

Postby devilman » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:21 am

I really like the line up so far. I also really like hoblin goblin IPA. I wish you could all be as happy as I'm going to be in Aug. I might even wear my gold hotpants into the arena!

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:38 am

I hope Hobgoblin are still involved in the festival. With all the rebranding and change of approach they might stop being involved. I note the logo is currently missing from the Festival Partners section at the bottom of the page.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:27 am

So kind of like what Machine Head did?
Only way that'd work is if JP don't allow choices for the regular classics since most people at festivals are casual fans and want to hear the songs they know.

Ram it Down, Heavy Metal and Rock Hard Ride Free please :D

some_thing_wild wrote:Personally it would secure my ticket if they said they were playing Turbo in full..

Somewhere in the world Kerry King is throwing his computer out of the window at the sight of this :lol:

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:32 am

J.Ross29 wrote:
bloodofthekings wrote:
J.Ross29 wrote:I feel like if they are booked it will be on account of their status as a classic act rather than the quality of the band!

So just like Slayer the last two times they played then?

yeah...basically :lol:

Triggered knuckle draggers incoming!

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:39 pm

devilman wrote:I really like the line up so far. I also really like hoblin goblin IPA. I wish you could all be as happy as I'm going to be in Aug. I might even wear my gold hotpants into the arena!

Amen to that Brother, a real nectar! Beautiful stuff

Blood Red Skies, Dissident agressor, One shot at Glory..please :yes:

Please do not spell Saxon, Mercyful Fate and Accept wrongly on the next announcement

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:49 pm

varangian wrote:Please do not spell Saxon, Mercyful Fate and Accept wrongly on the next announcement

I think you mean Hatebreed, King 810 and Chelsea Grin.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:47 pm

I like Priest but I just can't get excited about seeing them without either KK or Tipton. It's as if the heart has been ripped out of them, like Maiden carrying on without Murray and Harris.

Behemoth I can take or leave too. After a good start it's gone a bit pear shaped for me again, only Sacred Reich, Vio-lence and Dark Tranquillity excite me although Gloryhammer are fun. Going to take a lot to tempt me back considering I'm also doing Wacken a fortnight before.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:10 pm

Apparently Cattle Decapitation self confirmed that they'll be playing next year during their recent Manchester date. Will be excellent news if it turns out to be true! :D

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:30 pm

Jay1993 wrote:Apparently Cattle Decapitation self confirmed that they'll be playing next year during their recent Manchester date. Will be excellent news if it turns out to be true! :D

I hope you're right. I'm happy with most of the line-up and the Hobgoblin IPA is great...I've committed to tickets now as I want to see Vio-Lence and the Phil Anselmo band for the Pantera sing-a-long (lol) Behemoth are brilliant live- just need some really extreme stuff on the Sophie stage now

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:04 am

Jay1993 wrote:Apparently Cattle Decapitation self confirmed that they'll be playing next year during their recent Manchester date. Will be excellent news if it turns out to be true! :D

Hope that ends up being true, were great the other night and just the kind of band to spice up the line up