Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
SlaytanicBacon
Definitely Not Nu

Re: Next Announcement

Postby SlaytanicBacon » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:36 pm

The real question is - when's the next announcement? :lol:

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:01 pm

SlaytanicBacon wrote:The real question is - when's the next announcement? :lol:

I've just been down to Ladbrokes to put my life savings on Cattle Decapitation being announced next Tuesday

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:52 pm

SlaytanicBacon wrote:The real question is - when's the next announcement? :lol:

There is a Facebook live thing on Wednesday but so far I haven't seen any thing about an announcement.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:32 pm

Download have an announcement on Monday, still holding onto the (very) slim hope that if DL don't announce Mercyful Fate it means BOA have them

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:47 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
varangian wrote:The Wishlist hath been the quietest year I have ever seen it, whether people dont have the ideas, dont feel listen to, feel its a foregone conclusion, bored, im not sure

I don't think the people booking the bands may much attention to the forum wishlist, so I don't think there's much point requesting many bands.

I get a similar feeling, plus I feel the organisers are turning in a different direction to the BOA i used to enjoy attending.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:38 pm

JB65 wrote: I feel the organisers are turning in a different direction to the BOA i used to enjoy attending.

If BOA continues down this route, does anyone reckon that other smaller Metal festivals (such as Amplified, if it returns) might decide to upscale and book the bands who have been ignored by Bloodstock over the last few years? In the old days of the smaller capacity Bloodstock the likes of Blind Guardian or Epica could have commanded a headline slot but are now special guests at best. Perhaps a smaller festival could book these sort of bands and draw away some of the traditional Bloodstock crowd.

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:43 pm

If they check the wishlist at all I think it would be simply to find bands they have not heard of before to potentially fill lower slots not to make actual booking decisions.

In fairness this forum represents a tiny proportion of Bloodstock attendees so I dont think using the wishlist forum as a barometer for how big a draw a band would be is a good idea for them anyway

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:48 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
JB65 wrote: I feel the organisers are turning in a different direction to the BOA i used to enjoy attending.

If BOA continues down this route, does anyone reckon that other smaller Metal festivals (such as Amplified, if it returns) might decide to upscale and book the bands who have been ignored by Bloodstock over the last few years? In the old days of the smaller capacity Bloodstock the likes of Blind Guardian or Epica could have commanded a headline slot but are now special guests at best. Perhaps a smaller festival could book these sort of bands and draw away some of the traditional Bloodstock crowd.

I think if someone did step in there would be a fairly significant gap first since it probably isnt worth the financial risk of competing directly with Bloodstock until they have completely abandoned that ground

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:09 pm

Problem with some bands (BG, Epica) is that they're bigger in Europe so will get better offers on the mainland to consider in a crowded Euro festival calendar. A smaller festival could be in a worse position to make an attractive offer.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:29 pm

Cassius wrote:If they check the wishlist at all I think it would be simply to find bands they have not heard of before to potentially fill lower slots not to make actual booking decisions.

In fairness this forum represents a tiny proportion of Bloodstock attendees so I dont think using the wishlist forum as a barometer for how big a draw a band would be is a good idea for them anyway

Your right but their FB and Twitter and Vicky are continually asking who do you want to see play Bloodstock
Is this purely for fan engagement? Post count?

Certainly it`s worrying/hilarious the amount of people requesting bands who played this year(!)
Certainly it`s worrying the amount of people who ask for Metallica, Maiden, Ozzy and bands of that size
Certainly it`s worrying analyzing said posters who tag their mates who have no real interest in going anyway

This forum has a lot of loyal supporters of the festival who have been going for many years, it would make common sense for the promoters to get a better view of everything from the toilets, sound quality, camping, band requests here-You would think so anyway

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:51 pm

Thing with Facebook is it does have a much larger audience and so is semi useful, yes you are going to get a load of bullshit in there but thousands of people on Facebook with bullshit is probably more indicative than a forum with maybe a hundred or so active users.

Also some of it will be due to Facebook algorithms. They have to keep posting constantly so the algorithm picks them up as a highly active page to be displayed on peoples walls etc. Sure they can just spam the "Got your ticket yet?" stuff but it looks better for them to mix it up with stuff like those questions

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:11 pm

someone else wrote:Problem with some bands (BG, Epica) is that they're bigger in Europe so will get better offers on the mainland to consider in a crowded Euro festival calendar. A smaller festival could be in a worse position to make an attractive offer.

Fair point. I just took the first two bands who came into my head that might have the appropriate status I was looking for. But most Metal bands are bigger in Europe than in the UK, hence the much bigger Metal festivals in Europe.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:57 pm

Black Wizard wrote:

It's a chicken or the egg situation though, are those bands not booked because they're small draws or are they small draws because they've never had a good chance? Big financial risk for whoever would do it though; as pointed out unless the band is willing to take a smaller fee in order to break the country, they'll stick to the continent.

varangian wrote:This forum has a lot of loyal supporters of the festival who have been going for many years, it would make common sense for the promoters to get a better view of everything from the toilets, sound quality, camping, band requests here-You would think so anyway

Festivals make their living off casual fans though, who're more likely to go on facebook than on a dedicated forum.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:35 pm

All avenues of interaction have their pluses and minuses. Although there aren't as many discussions on here these days, there are still a good number of folk who use the forums as their information gathering area.

The forums allow for a more personal experience and I for one prefer that.

SlaytanicBacon
Definitely Not Nu

Postby SlaytanicBacon » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:57 am

Vicky has confirmed next announcement is on Tuesday 26th :D