Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: Next Announcement

Postby jwh20 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:05 am

I had never heard that medley, I just listened to it on youtube, goddamn I hate everything about it :( :(

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:23 am

I concur with that, not happy about their Rainbow medley either

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:50 am

SlaytanicBacon wrote:Also, I don't think they are as big as people think, I'm definitely showing my age here (born at start of the 90's) and I have to admit I had never heard of them before they were mentioned in this forum and on social media.

The dividing line seems to be those that discovered bands through Metallica's Garage Inc and those who knew the band prior to that. We're at a disadvantage of ya know, not being alive when they were around at the start :lol:

Smerphy wrote:I've heard rumours that'll be headlining Lords of the Land in Glasgow, but until they're announced I don't buy it.

I hope not, that'll be my budgeting out the window having to fit in a trip up to Scotland at short notice :lol:

SlaytanicBacon wrote:Also, wouldn't Vio-lence and Sacred Reich would be higher up the bill for similar reasons you mentioned? Especially with Vio-lence playing their first UK show ever.

Happy to be proven otherwise though :D

Sacred Reich have toured over here a few times in recent years so the bookers can see how well they draw, given the size of the tours (as much as I'd like to see them get a good slot) they're suited further down the stage.

Vio-lence are harder to pin down because you can only go off projections really; I'm a big fan but they're only really known for being Rob Flynn's band before Machine Head to most people. The "blew all the money on the headliners" might see them nab a higher slot, personally I think they'll be 4th or 5th from top.

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:48 pm

Sometimes thing are just "The right time" , bands popularity goes up and down

Judas Priest anniversary is a draw, yep far too sonn but i`ll go, supporting Ozzy the year after does take the edge off the event tho
Paradise Lost playing Draconian Times in full, at least its a bit different, sure most of us would prefer Icon or Gothic

MF happening would certainly be a good time, KD seems to be in good health and voice. Similarly the Hellhammer reformation last year, hadnt been done a billion times or final tour going into ten years.

Saxon with the anniversary would be a good time

Helloween Pumpkins United and Demons and Wizards were lost opportunities, there have been a few

Similarly a one off Bolt Thrower reformation would be something that would generate interest/tickets and be an exclusive. The Wishlist hath been the quietest year I have ever seen it, whether people dont have the ideas, dont feel listen to, feel its a foregone conclusion, bored, im not sure

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:00 pm

varangian wrote:The Wishlist hath been the quietest year I have ever seen it, whether people dont have the ideas, dont feel listen to, feel its a foregone conclusion, bored, im not sure

I don't think the people booking the bands may much attention to the forum wishlist, so I don't think there's much point requesting many bands.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:09 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
varangian wrote:The Wishlist hath been the quietest year I have ever seen it, whether people dont have the ideas, dont feel listen to, feel its a foregone conclusion, bored, im not sure

I don't think the people booking the bands may much attention to the forum wishlist, so I don't think there's much point requesting many bands.

Exactly that - I don't have any faith that anyone from the festival's booking team pays any attention to the wishlist so why would I bother with it?

SlaytanicBacon
Powermetal Child

Postby SlaytanicBacon » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:36 pm

The real question is - when's the next announcement? :lol:

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:01 pm

SlaytanicBacon wrote:The real question is - when's the next announcement? :lol:

I've just been down to Ladbrokes to put my life savings on Cattle Decapitation being announced next Tuesday

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:52 pm

SlaytanicBacon wrote:The real question is - when's the next announcement? :lol:

There is a Facebook live thing on Wednesday but so far I haven't seen any thing about an announcement.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:32 pm

Download have an announcement on Monday, still holding onto the (very) slim hope that if DL don't announce Mercyful Fate it means BOA have them

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:47 pm

Black Wizard wrote:

I get a similar feeling, plus I feel the organisers are turning in a different direction to the BOA i used to enjoy attending.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:38 pm

JB65 wrote: I feel the organisers are turning in a different direction to the BOA i used to enjoy attending.

If BOA continues down this route, does anyone reckon that other smaller Metal festivals (such as Amplified, if it returns) might decide to upscale and book the bands who have been ignored by Bloodstock over the last few years? In the old days of the smaller capacity Bloodstock the likes of Blind Guardian or Epica could have commanded a headline slot but are now special guests at best. Perhaps a smaller festival could book these sort of bands and draw away some of the traditional Bloodstock crowd.

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:43 pm

If they check the wishlist at all I think it would be simply to find bands they have not heard of before to potentially fill lower slots not to make actual booking decisions.

In fairness this forum represents a tiny proportion of Bloodstock attendees so I dont think using the wishlist forum as a barometer for how big a draw a band would be is a good idea for them anyway

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:48 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
JB65 wrote: I feel the organisers are turning in a different direction to the BOA i used to enjoy attending.

If BOA continues down this route, does anyone reckon that other smaller Metal festivals (such as Amplified, if it returns) might decide to upscale and book the bands who have been ignored by Bloodstock over the last few years? In the old days of the smaller capacity Bloodstock the likes of Blind Guardian or Epica could have commanded a headline slot but are now special guests at best. Perhaps a smaller festival could book these sort of bands and draw away some of the traditional Bloodstock crowd.

I think if someone did step in there would be a fairly significant gap first since it probably isnt worth the financial risk of competing directly with Bloodstock until they have completely abandoned that ground

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:09 pm

Problem with some bands (BG, Epica) is that they're bigger in Europe so will get better offers on the mainland to consider in a crowded Euro festival calendar. A smaller festival could be in a worse position to make an attractive offer.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11