Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
User avatar
robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 631
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:34 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Next Announcement

Postby robin8585 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:32 am

houston4044 wrote:
phuqsticks wrote:I'm no fan of Whitechapel, but no band can touch the stench of awfulness achieved by King 810.


Someone is forgetting Chelsea Grin :P


I certainly had until now. Thanks for that.

User avatar
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1452
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:47 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:58 am

Jay1993 wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:Saxon are playing as special guest to Judas Priest at a show in Austria towards the end of July - could do the same at Bloodstock?


Yeah I reckon Saxon are nailed on as Sunday special guests.

They're also doing an Italian festival called Rock the Castle in July. Big chance they'll do all of Europe but Vicky will forget about Saxon for Bloodstock. :P

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4330
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby houston4044 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:39 am

robin8585 wrote:
houston4044 wrote:
phuqsticks wrote:I'm no fan of Whitechapel, but no band can touch the stench of awfulness achieved by King 810.


Someone is forgetting Chelsea Grin :P


I certainly had until now. Thanks for that.


Glad to be of help :lol:

Black Wizard wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:Saxon are playing as special guest to Judas Priest at a show in Austria towards the end of July - could do the same at Bloodstock?


Yeah I reckon Saxon are nailed on as Sunday special guests.

They're also doing an Italian festival called Rock the Castle in July. Big chance they'll do all of Europe but Vicky will forget about Saxon for Bloodstock. :P


I like Saxon but am I the only one hoping they aren't playing? Would rather someone else myself

User avatar
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2279
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Somewhere crap

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Skippy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:12 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:
Yeah I reckon Saxon are nailed on as Sunday special guests.

They're also doing an Italian festival called Rock the Castle in July. Big chance they'll do all of Europe but Vicky will forget about Saxon for Bloodstock. :P


I like Saxon but am I the only one hoping they aren't playing? Would rather someone else myself

Very much not. Band themselves have never clicked with me, and even if I did like them, they play everywhere every year, they'd be exactly the same level as Skindred. I'd much rather someone a bit more out there. Hoping they'll do Steelhouse instead.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 727
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Jay1993 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:35 am

Yeah it's disappointing that Skindred wasn't announced as special guests, but then were confirmed as special guests on one of the recent live streams. Very odd way to do it? :?

Saxon I can see as special guests because of their history with the festival and it would just make sense on a day with Priest, Diamond Head and Gloryhammer in terms of day tickets.

User avatar
varangian
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:03 am

Re: Next Announcement

Postby varangian » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:11 pm

Priest and Saxon sorts my singing out for Sunday
Would definitely get my attendance

Although Saxon or KD/MF would make sense

It will probably be Zack Sabbath as no-one has asked for them :lol:

User avatar
metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1196
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:56 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Next Announcement

Postby metaldinosaur » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:34 pm

Skippy wrote:
houston4044 wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:They're also doing an Italian festival called Rock the Castle in July. Big chance they'll do all of Europe but Vicky will forget about Saxon for Bloodstock. :P


I like Saxon but am I the only one hoping they aren't playing? Would rather someone else myself

Very much not. Band themselves have never clicked with me, and even if I did like them, they play everywhere every year, they'd be exactly the same level as Skindred. I'd much rather someone a bit more out there. Hoping they'll do Steelhouse instead.


Very much agree with this. Their a fine singalong for a good lineup, but this year needs a bit more than that imo.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

User avatar
Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2667
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:09 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Ghost » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:06 pm

It's bound to be municipal waste in the announcement.
I see the bad moon arising.

User avatar
fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1540
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:52 am
Location: Nottingham

Re: Next Announcement

Postby fluffkitten » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:58 pm

Ghost wrote:It's bound to be municipal waste in the announcement.


I would not be upset by that in the slightest.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

User avatar
Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2667
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:09 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Ghost » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:13 pm

fluffkitten wrote:
Ghost wrote:It's bound to be municipal waste in the announcement.


I would not be upset by that in the slightest.


Yeah. They were awesome in London last night.
I see the bad moon arising.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 727
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Jay1993 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:17 pm

Yeah, expecting Waste and Skeletal Remains tomorrow!

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4330
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby houston4044 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:23 pm

Jay1993 wrote:Yeah it's disappointing that Skindred wasn't announced as special guests, but then were confirmed as special guests on one of the recent live streams. Very odd way to do it? :?


They've announced bands who ended up third from top as special guests so are Skindred getting the same slot again?

If they're on before Devin then I can see why they've slipped it in on the quiet, that's bloody awful :(

Ghost wrote:It's bound to be municipal waste in the announcement.


Aye, bit on an unsubtle hint before Wave of Death :lol: Hopefully Toxic Holocaust too as they were great :D

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1885
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:49 am

houston4044 wrote:If they're on before Devin then I can see why they've slipped it in on the quiet, that's bloody awful :(


Aye, if there's nothing decent in the tent for the rest of the evening then I can see us heading back pretty early that night, especially if Phil the goose-stepper ends up being 3rd from top.

User avatar
cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 930
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:48 pm
Location: Liverpool

Re: Next Announcement

Postby cheesemason » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:43 am

bloodofthekings wrote:
houston4044 wrote:If they're on before Devin then I can see why they've slipped it in on the quiet, that's bloody awful :(


Aye, if there's nothing decent in the tent for the rest of the evening then I can see us heading back pretty early that night, especially if Phil the goose-stepper ends up being 3rd from top.


Almost certain that Phil Anselmo, Paradise Lost and Gloryhammer are all third from top looking the posters etc

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 950
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:58 pm
Location: Slough

Re: Next Announcement

Postby jwh20 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:02 am

And with no Mercyful Fate I start planning my trip to Poland for Mystic Festival.