Page 36 of 84

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:18 am
by Methuen
Good news everyone - Vicky confirmed (on the facebook group) that Code Orange are NOT playing this year. :yes:

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:42 pm
by fluffkitten
Methuen wrote:Good news everyone - Vicky confirmed (on the facebook group) that Code Orange are NOT playing this year. :yes:


Not in the slightest bit upset by that. :)

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:06 am
by Jay1993
Y'all might be happy that Code Orange ain't playing, but that probably means we'll be getting someone like Hatebreed/Jasta instead. :lol:

I mean, at least Code Orange are doing something different with hardcore!

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:35 pm
by bloodofthekings
Jay1993 wrote:Y'all might be happy that Code Orange ain't playing, but that probably means we'll be getting someone like Hatebreed/Jasta instead. :lol:

I mean, at least Code Orange are doing something different with hardcore!


They are. They've somehow made it shitter than it was before :lol:

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:28 pm
by Jay1993
bloodofthekings wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:Y'all might be happy that Code Orange ain't playing, but that probably means we'll be getting someone like Hatebreed/Jasta instead. :lol:

I mean, at least Code Orange are doing something different with hardcore!


They are. They've somehow made it shitter than it was before :lol:


Ffs. :lol:

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:34 pm
by Dombag
I for one would love to see Moonsorrow headline the Sophie tent, but I'm giving serious thought to going abroad to see them with Primordial.

But, I may have heard that a certain band will be playing Bloodstock this year. I'll give you a hint. they're on tour now, doing UK exclusive headline shows. Gotta be vague with this one, cos I love being a tit.

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:41 pm
by Czech's Mate
i0th wrote:
Methuen wrote:Good news everyone - Vicky confirmed (on the facebook group) that Code Orange are NOT playing this year. :yes:


Fucking result


This

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:53 am
by some_thing_wild
Dombag wrote:I for one would love to see Moonsorrow headline the Sophie tent, but I'm giving serious thought to going abroad to see them with Primordial.

But, I may have heard that a certain band will be playing Bloodstock this year. I'll give you a hint. they're on tour now, doing UK exclusive headline shows. Gotta be vague with this one, cos I love being a tit.

Sleep Token?

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:36 am
by Tet
some_thing_wild wrote:Sleep Token?

Ha ha. I gave one of them a lift back to London after they played Download, only my car caught fire on the M1 and we had to wait on the hard shoulder for several hours for recovery. We got back to London some time after dawn. Fun times. They'd be a bit left field, but probably a reasonable booking for the tent.

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:44 am
by henryburch4
gonna have a guess and say nekrogoblikon or however its spelt , tour finishes tomorrow and the shows where uk exclusive before supporting gloryhammer in europe. never really listened to them but them seem okay

would be so happy if sleep token play. blew me away at atg last year. sam smith meets meshuggah <3

also great to be back used to be active on these forums loads back in 2012 but lost all account stuff and finally re joined

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:39 pm
by Skippy
Also say Nekrogoblikon. Saw them last night, they were pretty good, and would fill the Evil Scarecrow slot pretty decently. The singer was a bit weird though, very little crowd interaction which doesn't really work for a gimmick band.

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:08 pm
by Methuen
Skippy wrote:Also say Nekrogoblikon. Saw them last night, they were pretty good, and would fill the Evil Scarecrow slot pretty decently. The singer was a bit weird though, very little crowd interaction which doesn't really work for a gimmick band.


Play-for-free joke band ? or are they bigger than that ?

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:33 pm
by bloodofthekings
Methuen wrote:
Skippy wrote:Also say Nekrogoblikon. Saw them last night, they were pretty good, and would fill the Evil Scarecrow slot pretty decently. The singer was a bit weird though, very little crowd interaction which doesn't really work for a gimmick band.


Play-for-free joke band ? or are they bigger than that ?


I would expect the former. If Bloodstock are paying gash like this now to play on the main stage then that really does show how far the festival has fallen.

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:28 pm
by bloodfiend
bloodofthekings wrote:I would expect the former. If Bloodstock are paying gash like this now to play on the main stage then that really does show how far the festival has fallen.


tbf they've always put dogshit low down on the main stage:

Uncle Rotter in 2009
The Defiled in 2011
Malefice in 2012
Heart Of A Coward, Cambion and Kill II This in 2016
Broken Teeth in 2017

not to mention Beholder and Evil Scarecrow playing ever year.

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:34 pm
by Skippy
Methuen wrote:
Skippy wrote:Also say Nekrogoblikon. Saw them last night, they were pretty good, and would fill the Evil Scarecrow slot pretty decently. The singer was a bit weird though, very little crowd interaction which doesn't really work for a gimmick band.


Play-for-free joke band ? or are they bigger than that ?

I'd say about 2nd or 3rd on main, maybe sub headliner on the second. They aren't exactly big, they played a shitty local club, but they are slightly known