Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
henryburch4
Powermetal Child

Re: Next Announcement

Postby henryburch4 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:48 am

bloodfiend wrote:
gazsetsfire wrote:
Bands like Jinjer, Bury Tomorrow, Skindred, Hatebreed, Black Dahlia Murder, Sylosis, Life Of Agony and Bloodywood are clearly what they want to spunk the big bucks on these days, say goodbye to that festival you used to love

dahlia played in 2012 though and are one of the best modern melodic death metal bands about nocturnal is up there with slaughter of the soul and heartwork

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:48 am

i0th wrote:
promoting the previously announced PARADISE LOST with their ‘Draconian Times’ set to special guests that day.

Is this supposed to make them worthy of the SG slot?

This is hardly a one off set, they played the Draconian set in gigs in 2011!

Fear Factory played the whole of Demanufacture in 2016 (an album easily equal in terms of impact), and played in the middle of the day! PL are hardly even that popular with the BOA crowd these days, they Really must have broken the bank with the headliners if that's what they're resorting to for SG, 3 bands that all played lower down last time and have certainly not grown in size since then.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:50 am

henryburch4 wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:
gazsetsfire wrote:
Bands like Jinjer, Bury Tomorrow, Skindred, Hatebreed, Black Dahlia Murder, Sylosis, Life Of Agony and Bloodywood are clearly what they want to spunk the big bucks on these days, say goodbye to that festival you used to love

dahlia played in 2012 though and are one of the best modern melodic death metal bands about nocturnal is up there with slaughter of the soul and heartwork

I know they did, shitty Hatebreed played in 2012 too.

Well I think TBDM are shit, each to their own.

henryburch4
Powermetal Child

Postby henryburch4 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:50 am

also is it just me or is nuclear blast taking over i get they are a sponser but over half the lineup are signed to them

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:52 am

bloodofthekings wrote:
bloodofthekings wrote:I'd love to say that I'm looking forward to the announcement but if the booking team don't give a toss about their festival then I'm not sure why I should.

Nice to see I wasn't wrong.

What an absolute pile of dogshit.

I don't think even in my wildest dreams I could have envisaged an announcement this shit, but hey Bloodstock comes up trumps again!

SlaytanicBacon
Definitely Not Nu

Postby SlaytanicBacon » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:56 am

henryburch4 wrote:also is it just me or is nuclear blast taking over i get they are a sponser but over half the lineup are signed to them

That's what I don't understand as Nuclear Blast have way better bands in their roster that would fit Bloodstock

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:56 am

henryburch4 wrote:also is it just me or is nuclear blast taking over i get they are a sponser but over half the lineup are signed to them

Well they're the biggest metal label so it's hardly surprising, I think it's more the festival being able to do deals with bands that have played before and get the for lower than the going rate, ie Hatebreed playing every other year, Skindred playing 3 times in recent years, Paradise Lost playing 5 times etc

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:07 pm

Its always been that way, they used to just play a Nuclear Blast promo DVD on the main screen all day every day. I'd be absolutely fine with it if they picked the Nuclear Blast bands that are actually decent, not the tosh that Vicky seems to bum these days.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

henryburch4
Powermetal Child

Postby henryburch4 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:08 pm

Skippy wrote:

Its always been that way, they used to just play a Nuclear Blast promo DVD on the main screen all day every day. I'd be absolutely fine with it if they picked the Nuclear Blast bands that are actually decent, not the tosh that Vicky seems to bum these days.

the promo stuff was great, discovered kataklysm through that , and bury tomorrow tbf

PowerThrash
Warrior of Metal

Postby PowerThrash » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:08 pm

I was sort of pinning my hopes on this one, what a load of old ball cocks, so glad I haven't bought a ticket for this years fest, 20 years celebration!!! looks more like throw the last 19 years down the drain. Proper bummed out :thud:

SlaytanicBacon
Definitely Not Nu

Postby SlaytanicBacon » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:16 pm

Any one have ideas in how to best sell a ticket? This was one announcement too wrong for me so taken the decision to go to a different festival (Sorry if I shouldn't post this here)

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:49 pm

Skippy wrote:

Yeah...where's Immolation, Kataklysm etc?

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:10 pm

Another steaming pile of shite and repeat bookings.

And PL now special guests too, awful.

The facebook crowd seem to be happy with whoever the fuck Bury Tomorrow are though :rolleyes:
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:28 pm

Are all the bands hardcore?

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:09 pm

Baldy77 wrote:Are all the bands hardcore?

Nah, Exhumed and Necrot are death metal, Toxic Holocaust are thrash, and Winterfyllth are black metal.

Checked out one Bury Tomorrow song; sound a lot more technical and djenty/groovy than Parkway Drive but still very melodic. Sylosis I haven't listened to get.

Don't say I didn't warn y'all about Hatebreed. :lol: