Page 40 of 73

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:02 pm
by Bearintown
bloodfiend wrote:
Bearintown wrote:Well Sunday is still decent in a seen it all before sort of way, but there's barely a band on the other two days that i would watch in the pub next door. Shocking


Decent?

The first 5 bands on the main stage are dogshit, and fucking Hatebreed are headlining the Sophie tent. Decent?


Diamond Head are dogshit? Orange Goblin? Then we have Gloryhammer saxon and Priest, thats a far better mainstage lineup then the last fucking decade (without checking :lol: )

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:15 pm
by dvl666
bloodfiend wrote:
metaldinosaur wrote:I like the headliners still, but that is, for me, the weakest undercard they have had.


I don't even like the headliners, Devin I've never understood the appeal, Behemoth I like but they play everywhere so a headline performance by them hardly makes me buy a ticket, and Priest I like but nothing more.

Following on from the distinctly meh headliners, we get:

Friday - naff thrash from Sacred Reich, the forgettable Dark Tranquility, knuckle dragging meathead crap from goold ole Phil, and the utterly shite Skindred. Let's go to the Sophie stage, yay there's some headliner I've never heard off, some dull post rock, and a couple of lame death metal bands. Well that was a poo day.

Saturday - Conjurer I remember seeing and they were dull so I'll stay in bed for them, Toxic Holocaust are just a poor man's Skeletonwitch so I'll have a beer instead, wow Sylosis are still a thing, but they're still dull so I won't bother with them, another beer methinks. Jinjer, haha what a load of wank, more beer. Vio-lence might see I suppose but hardly excited about, Bury Tomorrow sound dogshit, more beer. After all that beer instead of bands I'd probably be too wasted to see Paradise Lost and Behemoth. And why exactly are Winterfylleth in the tent and Conjurer on the main stage?

Sunday - Butcher Babies sound naff, and the decaying old Diamond Head are never any good live, Life Of Agony were shit 25 years ago and still will be now, Orange Goblin have always been dull, Black Dahlia I don't like at all.....ah I do love Gloryhammer though! Saxon I can take or leave, same with Priest. For some reason the fab Unleash The Archers are on the second stage, headlined by the supreme knuckle draggers that are Hatebreed. What a shit day.

This almost seems like a calculated effort on the festival's part to rid it of it's original power metal fanbase, and usher in the "new look" festival.


So why are you bothering if you hate the line up so much then?

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:01 pm
by Skippy
metaldinosaur wrote:
There is either a money issue, or a band availability problem; or a straight up choice to go in a slightly different direction with booking imo. (Maybe they're just testing the water for a broadening of the scope though - it's lost me mind).

Its definitely not entirely by choice, they would have announced their bands were special guests if they intended them to be - I'm guessing they were expecting to be able to announce a bigger band but they pulled out so they got a replacement.

But there certainly is an element of choice. Why, when Mercyful Fate say they can't make it is your next step to book Bury Tomorrow or Skindred? They aren't in any way similar. It baffles the mind, especially when bands like Destruction are saying they'd love to play.

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:43 pm
by some_thing_wild
Gonna assume they've blown the budget on Priest again. Also gonna assume Mercyful Fate will headline next year.

If they're gonna continue with the more mainstream bands the they could do with adding another stage at some point and bring back some folk/power to try to get the best of both worlds

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:52 pm
by varangian
Sunday headliner next year will be Evanescence

I also expect Bodycount,Code Orange, Dog Eat Dog and Evil Scarecrow

I would like to think I am joking

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:19 pm
by some_thing_wild
Cypress Hill 2022

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:25 am
by bloodfiend
dvl666 wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:
metaldinosaur wrote:I like the headliners still, but that is, for me, the weakest undercard they have had.


I don't even like the headliners, Devin I've never understood the appeal, Behemoth I like but they play everywhere so a headline performance by them hardly makes me buy a ticket, and Priest I like but nothing more.

Following on from the distinctly meh headliners, we get:

Friday - naff thrash from Sacred Reich, the forgettable Dark Tranquility, knuckle dragging meathead crap from goold ole Phil, and the utterly shite Skindred. Let's go to the Sophie stage, yay there's some headliner I've never heard off, some dull post rock, and a couple of lame death metal bands. Well that was a poo day.

Saturday - Conjurer I remember seeing and they were dull so I'll stay in bed for them, Toxic Holocaust are just a poor man's Skeletonwitch so I'll have a beer instead, wow Sylosis are still a thing, but they're still dull so I won't bother with them, another beer methinks. Jinjer, haha what a load of wank, more beer. Vio-lence might see I suppose but hardly excited about, Bury Tomorrow sound dogshit, more beer. After all that beer instead of bands I'd probably be too wasted to see Paradise Lost and Behemoth. And why exactly are Winterfylleth in the tent and Conjurer on the main stage?

Sunday - Butcher Babies sound naff, and the decaying old Diamond Head are never any good live, Life Of Agony were shit 25 years ago and still will be now, Orange Goblin have always been dull, Black Dahlia I don't like at all.....ah I do love Gloryhammer though! Saxon I can take or leave, same with Priest. For some reason the fab Unleash The Archers are on the second stage, headlined by the supreme knuckle draggers that are Hatebreed. What a shit day.

This almost seems like a calculated effort on the festival's part to rid it of it's original power metal fanbase, and usher in the "new look" festival.


So why are you bothering if you hate the line up so much then?


When did I say I was bothering?

I'm not bothering, I attended every Bloodstock up to 2017, but eventually my loyalty waned as the line ups got worse and worse, and after that I discovered the awesome Brutal Assault festival which is on the same weekend and I've attended every year since in place of Bloodstock.

However I'm on the forum, so I'm still fully entitles to give my opinions on the line up.

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:29 am
by bloodfiend
varangian wrote:
I also expect Bodycount,Code Orange, Dog Eat Dog and Evil Scarecrow

I would like to think I am joking


Clawfinger, One Minute Silence and American Head Charge as Sophie headliners.

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:56 pm
by metaldinosaur
varangian wrote:Sunday headliner next year will be Evanescence

I also expect Bodycount,Code Orange, Dog Eat Dog and Evil Scarecrow

I would like to think I am joking


Well, I think your right in your implication. That could well be in the lineup now. It would probably run along with other better (from my point of view) bands, but it's not unrealistic. The future will depend on how this year sells imo.

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:57 pm
by metaldinosaur
i0th wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:One Minute Silence […] as Sophie headliners.


YES PLEASE


No thank you.

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:20 pm
by dvl666
bloodfiend wrote:
dvl666 wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:
I don't even like the headliners, Devin I've never understood the appeal, Behemoth I like but they play everywhere so a headline performance by them hardly makes me buy a ticket, and Priest I like but nothing more.

Following on from the distinctly meh headliners, we get:

Friday - naff thrash from Sacred Reich, the forgettable Dark Tranquility, knuckle dragging meathead crap from goold ole Phil, and the utterly shite Skindred. Let's go to the Sophie stage, yay there's some headliner I've never heard off, some dull post rock, and a couple of lame death metal bands. Well that was a poo day.

Saturday - Conjurer I remember seeing and they were dull so I'll stay in bed for them, Toxic Holocaust are just a poor man's Skeletonwitch so I'll have a beer instead, wow Sylosis are still a thing, but they're still dull so I won't bother with them, another beer methinks. Jinjer, haha what a load of wank, more beer. Vio-lence might see I suppose but hardly excited about, Bury Tomorrow sound dogshit, more beer. After all that beer instead of bands I'd probably be too wasted to see Paradise Lost and Behemoth. And why exactly are Winterfylleth in the tent and Conjurer on the main stage?

Sunday - Butcher Babies sound naff, and the decaying old Diamond Head are never any good live, Life Of Agony were shit 25 years ago and still will be now, Orange Goblin have always been dull, Black Dahlia I don't like at all.....ah I do love Gloryhammer though! Saxon I can take or leave, same with Priest. For some reason the fab Unleash The Archers are on the second stage, headlined by the supreme knuckle draggers that are Hatebreed. What a shit day.

This almost seems like a calculated effort on the festival's part to rid it of it's original power metal fanbase, and usher in the "new look" festival.


So why are you bothering if you hate the line up so much then?


When did I say I was bothering?

I'm not bothering, I attended every Bloodstock up to 2017, but eventually my loyalty waned as the line ups got worse and worse, and after that I discovered the awesome Brutal Assault festival which is on the same weekend and I've attended every year since in place of Bloodstock.

However I'm on the forum, so I'm still fully entitles to give my opinions on the line up.

Wow that's a very in depth analysis of a line up you won't be watching, still my apologies I made a presumption you were going :D

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:18 pm
by JD_B3E5
bloodfiend wrote:
metaldinosaur wrote:I like the headliners still, but that is, for me, the weakest undercard they have had.


I don't even like the headliners, Devin I've never understood the appeal, Behemoth I like but they play everywhere so a headline performance by them hardly makes me buy a ticket, and Priest I like but nothing more.

Following on from the distinctly meh headliners, we get:

Friday - naff thrash from Sacred Reich, the forgettable Dark Tranquility, knuckle dragging meathead crap from goold ole Phil, and the utterly shite Skindred. Let's go to the Sophie stage, yay there's some headliner I've never heard off, some dull post rock, and a couple of lame death metal bands. Well that was a poo day.

Saturday - Conjurer I remember seeing and they were dull so I'll stay in bed for them, Toxic Holocaust are just a poor man's Skeletonwitch so I'll have a beer instead, wow Sylosis are still a thing, but they're still dull so I won't bother with them, another beer methinks. Jinjer, haha what a load of wank, more beer. Vio-lence might see I suppose but hardly excited about, Bury Tomorrow sound dogshit, more beer. After all that beer instead of bands I'd probably be too wasted to see Paradise Lost and Behemoth. And why exactly are Winterfylleth in the tent and Conjurer on the main stage?

Sunday - Butcher Babies sound naff, and the decaying old Diamond Head are never any good live, Life Of Agony were shit 25 years ago and still will be now, Orange Goblin have always been dull, Black Dahlia I don't like at all.....ah I do love Gloryhammer though! Saxon I can take or leave, same with Priest. For some reason the fab Unleash The Archers are on the second stage, headlined by the supreme knuckle draggers that are Hatebreed. What a shit day.

This almost seems like a calculated effort on the festival's part to rid it of it's original power metal fanbase, and usher in the "new look" festival.


You must be fun at parties. :lol:

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:18 pm
by Black no. 1
some_thing_wild wrote:If they're gonna continue with the more mainstream bands the they could do with adding another stage at some point and bring back some folk/power to try to get the best of both worlds


I think they need something else on whilst headliners are on. I understand they want the whole crowd to watch the main bands, but if they're not your cup of tea, their should be an alternative as it's dull as dishwater otherwise.

The Sophie headliners playing after the main stage headliners are usually on way too late in the day for most people, especially on a Sunday. Perhaps they could do what Sonisphere used to do and a few Euro fests where you have the Tent headliner on at the same time as the Main stage headliner and then a band on after for those who like to stay up. Either that or alternate the bands.

I like the idea of themed stages too, like what Hellfest and I believe Download have started to do. A stoner tent or a black/death metal tent would be cool. Could easily be implemented at BOA.

Bearded Theory have 7 stages at the same venue as BOA and attract bigger acts with a smaller capacity and run more entertainment for everyone.

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:04 pm
by Cassius
Black no. 1 wrote:The Sophie headliners playing after the main stage headliners are usually on way too late in the day for most people, especially on a Sunday. Perhaps they could do what Sonisphere used to do and a few Euro fests where you have the Tent headliner on at the same time as the Main stage headliner and then a band on after for those who like to stay up. Either that or alternate the bands.


They used to have the Sophie headliner overlapping main stage but loads of people complained so they changed it.

I dont think they can really win on this 1

Re: Next Announcement

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:03 pm
by fluffkitten
Cassius wrote:
Black no. 1 wrote:The Sophie headliners playing after the main stage headliners are usually on way too late in the day for most people, especially on a Sunday. Perhaps they could do what Sonisphere used to do and a few Euro fests where you have the Tent headliner on at the same time as the Main stage headliner and then a band on after for those who like to stay up. Either that or alternate the bands.


They used to have the Sophie headliner overlapping main stage but loads of people complained so they changed it.

I dont think they can really win on this 1


Tried it one year and gave up after that. Been wanting an alternative to the headliner since there is always at least one headliner I don't like for years.