Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Skippy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:56 pm

I imagine the worst of it will be over by Bloodstock, but there will still be restrictions in place that prevent festivals taking place, so I don't think it will happen unfortunately. Its going to cause trouble for festivals for years to come I feel, money is going to be hard to come by for organisers, especially as people will be unwilling to buy tickets if they feel events could be cancelled again.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:04 pm

JPMC wrote:
Glastonbury takes about a month to build. I would guess that they had to cancel earlier to avoid losing too much on contractors. Download takes 12 days and bloodstock about 7... so comparatively a lot less time. Maybe Glastonbury was more under the gun in terms of having to make a decision whereas Bloodstock and Download are not as much. Pure guess.

Reading a statement from Glastonbury they decided to cancel as it was coming up to the time when they take payments from punters on the payment scheme they use. Most people use it after paying a deposit to secure their tickets. If they carried on and then cancelled they would have had to pay out quite a few million more than they would currently.

As it wasn't guaranteed it would be happening they decided it wasn't worth the risk. So they cancelled well before they needed to. Worth remembering that it's a working farm the rest of the year so their priority might not necessarily be the festival.

Regarding Bloodstock I would give it another month or so before panicking. The whole thing might have blown over by then. It might not have done, but I know people who work at the local football grounds who are on standby to restart work before May. Not that it's guaranteed the football season will resume by then. Just that they need to be prepared.

Bloodstock is five months away, a lot can happen in that time.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:13 pm

Lost Society, Wolf Jaw and Gravelines (that I can see) added randomly with no announcement?

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:37 pm

Skippy wrote:Lost Society, Wolf Jaw and Gravelines (that I can see) added randomly with no announcement?

+ Video Nasties and Vexed

When others zig BOA zags...

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:01 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Skippy wrote:Lost Society, Wolf Jaw and Gravelines (that I can see) added randomly with no announcement?

+ Video Nasties and Vexed

When others zig BOA zags...

Thanks, thought there must be more but couldn't remember who was on there before.

I quite like the way they'd done it to be honest, just added a few bands, not made any fuss about it. If the festival is cancelled there is no point making a fuss about these bands, and if its not the line up will be finished.

henryburch4
Powermetal Child

Postby henryburch4 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:55 am

been taken down now, but yes to video nasties ( great death and roll band) and grave lines are decent

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:30 pm

Well Download is officially cancelled... It's a shame but inevitable I guess...

I do wonder now about Bloodstock. I kinda hope it does go ahead if it's safe to do so.

Bagpuss66
Lowly Peon

Postby Bagpuss66 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:51 pm

Sadly I can't see BOA going ahead this year.
It all really depends on the spread of the virus and if any of the headliners are able to come. I thinks personally once we hit may and things are peaking they may have to make the difficult decision to cancel.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:51 pm

At these difficult times a lot of people will be feeling incredibly low, anxious, uncertain and a myriad of other negative feelings. BOA are still planning our event for this August as we stand and want to give people something to look forward to. Will of course keep folk up to date and informed of any changes.

Stay well and still looking forward to a big party this August – cos we are all going to be ready for it!

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:35 am

[code][/code]
Bagpuss66 wrote:Sadly I can't see BOA going ahead this year.
It all really depends on the spread of the virus and if any of the headliners are able to come. I thinks personally once we hit may and things are peaking they may have to make the difficult decision to cancel.

I'm 50/50 in terms of optimism - the situation in the UK is one thing and the one in other countries is another - BOA will be one date on a European tour and if even some are not doable the others won't be viable
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:28 am

If sacrificing festival season this year aids beating this pandemic then it''s something that'll have to be done. It'll make next year's event feel a lot more special and I'd even put aside any reservations about a sub par line up :lol:

Squatter
Lowly Peon

Postby Squatter » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:54 pm

The date of the next band announcement was mentioned on the Bloodstock Radio podcast tonight.

Details are here if anyone wants to have a listen: Bloodstock Radio Podcast #87

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:34 pm

Squatter wrote:The date of the next band announcement was mentioned on the Bloodstock Radio podcast tonight.

And that was?

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:20 pm

Skippy wrote:
Squatter wrote:The date of the next band announcement was mentioned on the Bloodstock Radio podcast tonight.

And that was?

Tuesday

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:54 pm

cheesemason wrote:
Skippy wrote:

And that was?

Tuesday

Thanks. Wonder if its going to be anything more than the Lost Society one they leaked the other week.