Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
User avatar
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2285
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Somewhere crap

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Skippy » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:46 pm

I think the lockdown will be over by about May - if for no other reason than people just won't stay in any longer. However, I think there will still be provisions in place until the end of the year, including stopping mass gatherings so no I don't think Bloodstock will go ahead.

I agree with JPMC, the main reason they are still insistant is insurance, but also they have to keep going because things could change so quickly. There could be a vaccine or something by August, there's no point cancelling until you know for sure its not going ahead - it would probably cost them a load of money to cancel anyway, so they'd probably want to avoid that. Unfortunately they are probably trying to tie up bands from this lineup to play next year instead, but maybe they'd wait until the festival gets cancelled before they try that.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

User avatar
Soze
Denim Demon
Posts: 7792
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:24 pm
Location: Plymouth
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Soze » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:30 pm

Apparently there's an announcement about Wacken being called off later today. All the German media have announced no large gatherings until September at the earliest. I'm sure we'll follow suit.

User avatar
fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1542
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:52 am
Location: Nottingham

Re: Next Announcement

Postby fluffkitten » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:14 pm

Belgium has also extended their ban on mass gatherings until the end of August.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

gazsetsfire
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Ashford

Re: Next Announcement

Postby gazsetsfire » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:54 pm

Yeah just seen Graspop has finally gone. No official word from Alcatraz yet. Will be gutted if it can’t go ahead. Guess it’s still classed as a mass gathering despite being about quarter of the size of graspop

User avatar
kernow666
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:13 pm
Location: Cornwall
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby kernow666 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:38 pm

A lot of band playing same festivals so I imagine some will pull out of there are big gaps between dates , expecting an announcement forthwith regarding cancellation until 2021
Thrashin is my business & business is good

@kernowdeth

User avatar
Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2079
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The North.

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Bizza » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:49 am

Wacken officially cancelled, sht times but it needs to be done.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

User avatar
north sea storm
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1177
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:16 pm
Location: pickering
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby north sea storm » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:15 pm

No bloodstock this year . No brainer .

User avatar
metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1198
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:56 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Next Announcement

Postby metaldinosaur » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:32 pm

I actually thought this would go ahead, but with Waken cancelling, I guess it's done.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

User avatar
fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1542
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:52 am
Location: Nottingham

Re: Next Announcement

Postby fluffkitten » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:46 pm

Another sign of a probable no festival, The Black Dahlia Murder has pulled out of all European show including BOA.

"The Black Dahlia Murder @bdmmetal
We regret to inform you about the cancellation of our upcoming European Summer tour. This includes our appearances in The Netherlands, Poland, Germany, Finland, and Russia as well as our Bloodstock Festival appearance in the UK. Thanks for understanding. We will be back in 2021."
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

User avatar
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2285
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Somewhere crap

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Skippy » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:04 pm

I've heard rumours there are already questions about whether they'll be able to go ahead next year. Lockdown will be finished, but mass gatherings might not be just to avoid the virus spreading again. I really hope that's not the case.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

bloodfiend
Denim Demon
Posts: 3311
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodfiend » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:00 am

Skippy wrote:I've heard rumours there are already questions about whether they'll be able to go ahead next year. Lockdown will be finished, but mass gatherings might not be just to avoid the virus spreading again. I really hope that's not the case.


Next year? As in a year and a half away? No way can anyone predict that at the moment.

BOA is unlikely this year, but not out of the question. With film releases now pushed back on October /November time, I'd assume that would be when gigs starts again too.

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4330
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby houston4044 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:52 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
Skippy wrote:I've heard rumours there are already questions about whether they'll be able to go ahead next year. Lockdown will be finished, but mass gatherings might not be just to avoid the virus spreading again. I really hope that's not the case.


Next year? As in a year and a half away? No way can anyone predict that at the moment.

BOA is unlikely this year, but not out of the question. With film releases now pushed back on October /November time, I'd assume that would be when gigs starts again too.


If it's based off the same report from a healthcare expert, the gist of it is that while the virus would have mostly abated by early next year; it still wouldn't be safe enough to host large scale gatherings i.e. festivals until next winter. There are a few others with differing rough dates of when they think normality will resume but like you say, it's all predictions at the moment.

fluffkitten wrote:Another sign of a probable no festival, The Black Dahlia Murder has pulled out of all European show including BOA.

"The Black Dahlia Murder @bdmmetal
We regret to inform you about the cancellation of our upcoming European Summer tour. This includes our appearances in The Netherlands, Poland, Germany, Finland, and Russia as well as our Bloodstock Festival appearance in the UK. Thanks for understanding. We will be back in 2021."


Big shame but to be expected, BOA must be holding out for insurance or something; no way I can see it going ahead this year

User avatar
Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2667
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:09 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Ghost » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:55 pm

bloodfiend wrote:[

BOA is unlikely this year, but not out of the question. With film releases now pushed back on October /November time, I'd assume that would be when gigs starts again too.


I can't see how any of this will happen without a vaccine unless the country just accepts that a percent of the population will die.
I see the bad moon arising.

User avatar
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2285
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Somewhere crap

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Skippy » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:35 pm

Ghost wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:[

BOA is unlikely this year, but not out of the question. With film releases now pushed back on October /November time, I'd assume that would be when gigs starts again too.


I can't see how any of this will happen without a vaccine unless the country just accepts that a percent of the population will die.

I imagine that's what will happen eventually. The idea of lockdown in the first place was to delay long enough for the NHS to get infrastructure in place enough to be able to deal with increased usage. They fully expect that at some point the majority of people are going to catch Coronavirus, they just want to be able to help the most people they can. They won't be able to hold it off forever.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

User avatar
kernow666
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:13 pm
Location: Cornwall
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby kernow666 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:57 am

Once priest pull out we will get an announcement, rob halford might not even be able to travel from Phoenix
Thrashin is my business & business is good

@kernowdeth