Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:48 pm

Was that written by the work experience kid? Very poorly written for something which comes from a major media outlet which used to be respected around the world.

I can understand tiny festivals which attracts a few hundred people not having full insurance, but if you are running a festival with more than a thousand attendees and don't have full insurance then you deserve to go to the wall. You can't run these things with the equivalent of third party, fire and theft.

I'm not implying that BOA doesn't have the correct insurance just going by that article which says some festivals won't be covered.

AIF boss Paul Reed says many independent festivals will struggle because their insurance won't cover a communicable disease like Covid-19 and there's a feeling they're "falling between the cracks in terms of government support."

It also highlights the need to buy your tickets from a proper ticket agency. Also check the Ts and Cs, if you've paid using a company like PayPal then sometimes you can't claim a refund after a certain length of time. That's if it does come to that. Still over three months to go yet.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:32 pm

Metaldays cancelled today and Midgardsblot have said they expect to cancel so given along with Wacken / Summer Breeze etc it looks like the writing is on the wall for this summer.

Bloodstock will hold out for the government to cancel it rather than them but think its inevitable at this point

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:37 pm

I'm no expert but I think some of the problems with insurance would be that they don't cover pandemics? It's one of those things which appear in the small print alongside 'acts of God' that people just presume will never actually happen.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:41 pm

Metal Days even raised this in relation to possible refunds for tickets in the event of cancellation. Since it has now been cancelled I'm not sure if they're sticking to this or not, no announcements have been made, but obviously it went down like a lead balloon.

'Every ticket buyer accepted our T&C that says: “Force Majeure: in the case of circumstances beyond Promoter's control such as war, civil or political unrest, actions and orders from the authorities, strikes, catastrophes, epidemics, pandemics or other severe damages or highly unexpected factors, Promoter of MetalDays festival may cancel or may be forced to cancel the festival. In such case all the funds received including (but not limited to) money from sold tickets, parking, additional fees, upgrades, sponsorship, donations and similar will not be refunded.”'

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:51 pm

Yeah im not expecting my Metaldays ticket to be refunded but they will probably let it roll over to next year

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:17 pm

Any festival should offer the option of refund or roll-over. For any that don't (*cough, HRH, cough*) people should seriously consider never giving them business again.

Bloodstock have already confirmed they will offer both options if the festival is cancelled.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:05 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Was that written by the work experience kid? Very poorly written for something which comes from a major media outlet which used to be respected around the world.

Par for the course these days, I'm afraid.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

gazsetsfire
Consort of the Beast

Postby gazsetsfire » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:47 pm

A lot of companies/festivals are using the word postponed instead of cancelled.
I’ve got tickets for Alcatraz and that has been ‘postponed’ to 2021 even there would have been a festival then anyway. So basically 2020 is cancelled. But if they don’t use the word cancelled they get out of automatic refunds. The only claim I guess they have is that most will try and carry the same line up over or as near to it. I’ll be going next year anyway so will happily keep my ticket.
The only one I’m having issues with is ticketmaster Ireland where I can’t go to the rescheduled destruction date in Dublin and 3 messages have got me nowhere so far.

SlaytanicBacon
Definitely Not Nu

Postby SlaytanicBacon » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:14 pm

Into the grave has just been cancelled, it shares some bands with Bloodstock and same weekend so it's only a matter of time before Bloodstock is cancelled. if bands can't play any European festivals, can't see Bloodstock being an exception, even if organisers try to continue regardless (in that scenario it will be an event with no one able to play).

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:31 pm

Devin Townsend has said tonight he can’t see any of his Euro dates going ahead. Stating the obvious but interesting nonetheless

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:19 pm

i0th wrote:I do hope we can have Devin next year.

Devin, Dark Tranquility, Night Flight Orchestra and Unleash the Archers...other than that scrap the whole year, it was a shitshow even before this happened. I sincerely hope Bloodstock don't try and stick too close to this lineup in future, it really isn't worth trying to rehash it.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:35 pm

Video just posted on Instagram that an announcement of some kind is imminent...

As for cancellation vs postponement - seems like in the uk you can get a refund if an eve t is postponed. Not sure about the mainland, but HRH is based on Ibiza. I think you also pay them direct and not through a third party. IIRC from the Altfest debacle was that if you buy through SeeTickets they hold onto the money until.the event to stop them being screwed if a fest goes bankrupt and they're refunding people. May change from client to client tho..
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

kernow666
Warrior of Metal

Postby kernow666 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:41 pm

It’s going to go ahead it will be broadcast on zoom with all the artists performing from home whilst we watch from ours
Thrashin is my business & business is good

@kernowdeth

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:09 pm

They seem under the impression that something will happen. I'm not sure how hard it is, just say right now that it isn't going to happen, and for the love of god please DON'T just delay the lineup until 2021.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:42 pm

Skippy wrote:
i0th wrote:I do hope we can have Devin next year.

Devin, Dark Tranquility, Night Flight Orchestra and Unleash the Archers...other than that scrap the whole year, it was a shitshow even before this happened. I sincerely hope Bloodstock don't try and stick too close to this lineup in future, it really isn't worth trying to rehash it.

Need to keep Gloryhammer and Saxon too.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)