worst band on the lineup ?

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
henryburch4
Powermetal Child

worst band on the lineup ?

Postby henryburch4 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:24 am

one band ( i know its hard ...) but which is he worst on the lineup in your opinion and why?

for me butcher babies ... don't get them at all, they had some hype about 9 years ago but nothing since and don't really get why they are playing 2020... surely they should have played many years ago not now. forgot they where a band tbh

Methuen
Warrior of Metal

Re: worst band on the lineup ?

Postby Methuen » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:07 am

Objectively - Hatebreed - just dreadful, dreadful nonsense.

Subjectively - a joint win between Bury Tomorrow, Jinger, Butcher Babies, Hatebreed (add to the list if I've missed any of the other awful generic kerrangcore rubbish)
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:31 pm

It's early days for me, as I've only just started listening to RockSoc playlist and rating the bands based on my tastes, but what the actual fuck are Skindred? :hurl:
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:50 pm

gotta be Hatebreed I guess, music for retards by retards, and now we're comdemned to them playing every other year.

Honourable mentions of shitness to :
- Phil The Racist playing songs from 30 years ago
- Bury Tomorrow who I'd never even heard of, but managed to astound me with their shitness.
- Jinjer, yay you've got a shouty woman fronting your band....don't make you any less crap
- Sylosis, you should've stayed on that hiatus
- Diamond Head, if i wanted to see grandads on their death beds, I'd just go to the old folks home
- Life Of Agony, whatever gender your singer might be now, you're still just that shit band I hated in the 90s
- Skindred, urgh, why? Every since BOA booked this shit shower they're back non stop, let's wave our shirts around our heads and pretend this band isn't utter fucking shit.

Awesome line up. Really.

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:28 pm

It doesn't matter who else gets added, Phil Anselmo has my vote on this one

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:38 pm

i0th wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:- Diamond Head, if i wanted to see grandads on their death beds, I'd just go to the old folks home

:o

Yeah. A bit bizarre seeing as it's only Tatler that is anywhere near old and they are far from being the worst band on this line up. Even though the "new" singer is a bit ropey.

Similar comment in the Beermageddon thread. Seems to dislike old people/bands, yet seems to be of that generation himself. Go figure.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:54 pm

My god so much choice!

For me, Hatebreed. Musically trash, fans are trash, completely unredeemable.

For the festival, Bury Tomorrow. Why were these booked, especially as a top 3 band? They are passed their glory days anyway, and were never that good, but top 3? With so many other similar bands who are these for? Definitely don't fit on a 20th anniversary bill.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:11 pm

Phil Anselmo gets my vote for the worst, but Hatebreed are right up there with him.
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:05 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:
i0th wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:- Diamond Head, if i wanted to see grandads on their death beds, I'd just go to the old folks home

:o

Yeah. A bit bizarre seeing as it's only Tatler that is anywhere near old and they are far from being the worst band on this line up. Even though the "new" singer is a bit ropey.

Similar comment in the Beermageddon thread. Seems to dislike old people/bands, yet seems to be of that generation himself. Go figure.

Ah, enter Gandalf!

It's not anything particularly ageist, I like the first Diamond Head album, but whenever I've seen them live they've been really ropey, and a wheezing corpse of the band the once were. The likes of Maiden, Preist and countless nwobhm bands can still pull it off live, but Diaomd Head have always been dire live when I've see them.

And I dunno what my Paul Di'Anno comment had to do with age, I just said his vocals and performance seemed really off in a recent YouTube clip, plus 40 years of flogging tracks from the first 2 Maiden albums is more than enough.

And just out of interest what "generation" am I, Mr Super Sleuth? I'm quite intrigued.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:10 am

Skippy wrote:For the festival, Bury Tomorrow. Why were these booked, especially as a top 3 band? They are passed their glory days anyway, and were never that good, but top 3? With so many other similar bands who are these for? Definitely don't fit on a 20th anniversary bill.

That band had glory days?!

Chart wise their albums seem to do well, so top 3 makes sense, but just a completely inappropriate band to put there.

I remember in 2008 they book As I Lay Dying and they were totally out of place, now it's more the good bands who are out of place amongst the metal core bands.

henryburch4
Powermetal Child

Postby henryburch4 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:09 am

bloodfiend wrote:
Skippy wrote:For the festival, Bury Tomorrow. Why were these booked, especially as a top 3 band? They are passed their glory days anyway, and were never that good, but top 3? With so many other similar bands who are these for? Definitely don't fit on a 20th anniversary bill.

Chart wise their albums seem to do well, so top 3 makes sense, but just a completely inappropriate band to put there.

valid point and venue wise they definitely are one of the bands on the bill that play bigger venues. roundhouse on most recent tour. not sure what sort of venues pl play now but assuming not there, same with saxon

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:49 pm

bloodfiend wrote:

I remember in 2008 they book As I Lay Dying and they were totally out of place, now it's more the good bands who are out of place amongst the metal core bands.

I guess I'm just out of touch with the youth then. I remember hearing about them a few years ago (5, 6?) and then nothing for ages. Figured they'd died a death. Still an absolutely baffling booking though.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:38 pm

For me: Conjurer. Just not my cup of tea, though good to see an up and coming band given a slot though.

For the festival? Skindred. Tour and play so many festivals regularly that I can't see how they can be that much of a draw; seems such a waste of a sub headline spot

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:04 pm

There are so many to choose from this year! Worthy contenders are sure to include Phil Anselmo, Memoriam, Skindred, Jinjer, Sylosis and probably others. But if pushed to pick one, it would have to be Hatebreed.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:18 pm

Has to be Hatebreed. I don't dislike them anymore than other bands I don't care for on the bill, but they have played so often it's a bit silly really.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?