worst band on the lineup ?

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Re: worst band on the lineup ?

Postby Green Man III » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:06 pm

I never figured out why people like to focus on bands they don't like instead of bands they do. If you don't like a band, just move onto another stage or go have a drink.

But sadly, my answer would be:

Czech's Mate wrote:Phil Anselmo gets my vote for the worst,

Not because I've heard the music but just because of all the BS bad publicity. I think when people make themselves look bad it's hard to put this out of your mind when you're trying to get turned onto their music. But I do try to keep an open mind because you never know how much of what you've seen is just bad press.

And not to say that Phil can't be in a good band. I was checking out Down (pre-Bloodstock) for the first time and liked what I heard but decided to skip them for Rotting Christ in 2014 just because I was already a fan of RC.

north sea storm
Leather Rebel

Postby north sea storm » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:49 am

Glad its not just me who thinks those bands are shite.
Saw skindred at a brilliant hammerfest 2012 . Gave them 3 songs and said to myself , what the hell is this shit your watching and went to bed .

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:20 pm

Yeah, I have not been able to get into Skindred either. I like when metal goes totally weird sometimes but the novelty wears off fast if it isn't something really cool and good sounding like Sepultura's Roots album.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:38 am

north sea storm wrote:Glad its not just me who thinks those bands are shite.
Saw skindred at a brilliant hammerfest 2012 . Gave them 3 songs and said to myself , what the hell is this shit your watching and went to bed .

Did the same thing at Hard Rock Hell the following year, though not sure I lasted 3 songs.