Amenities improvements/requests

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
robertbeeton
Lowly Peon

Amenities improvements/requests

Postby robertbeeton » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:33 am

Something that gets overlooked a lot. I've been to some festivals in mainland Europe and they some are better equipped!

-For instance Rockfest in BCN cover their portaloo area in the arena with a tent. No issues with rain then and no mud bath.

-It would be great to have more shower facilities at Bloodstock 2021. Something I've messaged about in the past and considering it will be longer this makes perfect sense. Waiting for 2 hours in the morning isn't amazing.

-Give everyone bin bags, to begin with at the gates to promote a greener environment.
Some festivals ask people to do this and they pay an initial deposit and when they fill a bag they take it to a point and get their money back. Further bags they get money for.

-Addition of cashless system. In Europe, this is used a lot by festivals to reduce money from getting lost or stolen. A while ago the organisers of the festival said this wouldn't happen because people like to spend money. Discuss.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Re: Amenities improvements/requests

Postby WorMzy » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:59 pm

Making the portaloo areas less mudbathy would be great.

Never seen any point in showers at a festival though -- baby wipes, dry shampoo, and deodorant is all you need.

Bin bags with a deposit scheme could be a good idea.

A lot of stalls already accept card payment, more of that is great. However, Bloodstock tried a beer token thing in the past (2008? 2009?) and that was a terrible idea, so I'd be adverse to any changes akin to that.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:46 pm

I just hope there isn't a national shortage of bog roll and hand gel after this year and the hoarding.....

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:16 am

I don't like the idea of cashless festivals. Tried it at 2000 Trees one year and it was just a ballache - constant crashes, meaning half the time you couldn't buy anything at all, or the stalls just gave up and took cash. It was also on a special wrist thing that was pretty cumbersome, and didn't give you back any money left over at the end (if I remember rightly, anyway).

A tent over the portaloos would be good, but I've seen other festivals do a portable urinal hut which would help a lot - undercover, room for more and far better than the stupid bin things we had the last few years that people just use to show off their dicks.

More showers would be great. I don't usually have one, because I can't be bothered to queue for hours, but if they had more that would really help out.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:27 pm

Never camp so can't comment on the camping-related issues but taking inspiration from Rockfest BCN and covering the toilet areas with some kind of canopy would be a good idea. Ironic that a festival that has had approximately 5mins of rain in the whole 5 years I've been there does this but a festival in England doesn't :lol:

Stalls and bars should offer cashless payments as well as cash so at least everyone has the choice of how much cash to bring. But enforcing a cashless system with no cash option on everyone is a stupid idea and needs kicking into the long grass.

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:41 pm

I think the biggest improvement would be to persuade Deli Kate to come out of retirement....................Sadly that's not going to happen though.
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:46 am

Canopy over the toilets is a great idea, why has this not been done before?