Coming to Bloodstock from another country

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Coming to Bloodstock from another country

Postby Green Man III » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:55 pm

Sorry if this question has been asked somewhere else. I didn't find the answer on the website.

I really want to get my ticket but I'll be coming from Canada. I understand changing circumstances are on me, but what if they are beyond my control. Specifically, what if the UK is in lock down next year and not allowing visitors or they are still applying a 14 day self-isolation rule? I may not be able to spare that much vacation time. Does anybody know if the ticket insurance policy has been updated?

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Re: Coming to Bloodstock from another country

Postby bloodofthekings » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:42 am

Green Man III wrote:Sorry if this question has been asked somewhere else. I didn't find the answer on the website.

I really want to get my ticket but I'll be coming from Canada. I understand changing circumstances are on me, but what if they are beyond my control. Specifically, what if the UK is in lock down next year and not allowing visitors or they are still applying a 14 day self-isolation rule? I may not be able to spare that much vacation time. Does anybody know if the ticket insurance policy has been updated?

Given the specific nature of your situation I would recommend emailing the festival team directly for a straight answer.

Although, if the virus is still serious enough to warrant a lock-down or quarantine restrictions on foreign nationals then I would say it's serious enough for the festival not to go ahead anyway

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:54 am

Good point. A quarantine would stop outside bands from touring. A full year away so hopefully the human race can get it together by then.

VictoriaTeeLo
Lowly Peon

Postby VictoriaTeeLo » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:31 am

I am planning on getting Sunday tickets for BOA 2021. I will be with a small group (4-5 people). We are coming from the U.S.
I have faith all will be well & forging ahead with plans for next year.
We will not be able to camp or drive ourselves. We will only be there 1 night. Are there hotels nearby? Any recommendations? Also, we will most likely be using public transportation to get there from London- assuming train is the easiest for weekend travel. And once we arrive nearby, taxis are available to get to/from festival? Any suggestions helpful :)

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:45 am

VictoriaTeeLo wrote:I am planning on getting Sunday tickets for BOA 2021. I will be with a small group (4-5 people). We are coming from the U.S.
I have faith all will be well & forging ahead with plans for next year.
We will not be able to camp or drive ourselves. We will only be there 1 night. Are there hotels nearby? Any recommendations? Also, we will most likely be using public transportation to get there from London- assuming train is the easiest for weekend travel. And once we arrive nearby, taxis are available to get to/from festival? Any suggestions helpful :)

Hi Victoria,

The festival have saved a link for people to use to find nearest hotels - https://www.trivago.co.uk/derby-37732/e ... al-3472160 (noticed over the years that quite a few folk tend to stay at one of the two travel lodges on the A38 road)

In terms of train travel, you would need to get a train from London to Birmingham New Street and then a local train from there to Lichfield.

If you haven't already, check out https://www.britrail.com/
Friends of ours from the US have used this site in the past to get discounted train travel as just buying train tickets from a ticket office on the same day you travel in the UK can be very expensive.

Once you're at your hotel, the hotel should be able to provide phone numbers for taxi companies and there will probably be other people going to the festival you could share a taxi with. I would advise calling and booking a taxi to the festival and arranging a return journey for the end of the night too (and agree a price in advance). Whilst there is a taxi point at the festival, finding a taxi that isn't pre-booked by someone else at the end of the night may be a bit of a challenge.

VictoriaTeeLo
Lowly Peon

Postby VictoriaTeeLo » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:41 am

Excellent! Great info, thanks!
Its Jan 2021 & I am forging ahead with plans to attend! this is my 1st ever festival outside of US. I have been watching YouTube videos & researching online. I am confident there will be plenty of helpful folks if we need any assistance, both ahead of time and on site. :) I am sure I will ask for more info as the days get closer- I am super excited!!