Best Bands Who've Only Played Bloodstock Once

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Best Bands Who've Only Played Bloodstock Once

Postby i0th2 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:08 am

So today I'm listening to 3 Inches of Blood and fondly remembering their 2013 BOA set which is unfortunately going to be their only performance and it got me thinking about other bands that've only played once and I'd love to see back again.

I'd never heard of them when they were booked but loved Black Waltz when I gave it a listen in the run up to the festival and they were one of the bands I was most looking forward to seeing. The last minute switcharound with Graveyard can't've helped the crowd which was small but they've skyrocketed in size over here in the last few years and can see them headlining in the future, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Die Apokalyptischen Reiter - BOA 2009
Fantastic German band that never got established over here, I'd hoped their BOA set would kickstart some interest but the follow up tour was poorly attended and I don't I've seen them back in the UK since. If like me you enjoy frontmen who look like they're having the time of their lives on stage then Fuchs is up there with Joakim Brodén.

Satan - BOA 2014
NWOBHM legends who played a blinding closing set after Megadeth in '14 when Dave whined about clashing with someone else and thus gave birth to the fab set-up we have now where the Sophie headliner is after the Dio headliner. I've seen on here before that people walked straight past not knowing about the change of timings assuming that Satan were just finishing so def deserve a return. Oh and if Brian fancies doing a double shift with Blitzkrieg who've also only played once (2009) then that's fine by me!

Ward XVI - 2017
There's obviously loads of New Blood bands that never return, and plenty of great ones but I'm calling out these guys specifically, not just because they were brilliant and pulled a decent and energetic crowd at 10:30 in the morning, but also because they've got themselves signed and released a second album which is chuffing ace (one of my albums of the year) and that's surely the whole point of New Blood, be a platform for bands to kick on and come back bigger like Evile and Countless Skies have done.

So what you got?

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Re: Best Bands Who've Only Played Bloodstock Once

Postby metaldinosaur » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:03 pm

There are a lot of one off band.

These are some of the ones I best remember from years past.

Katatonia 2009
Moonspell 2009
Thirion 2011
Avantasia 2013
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:29 am

Man, I'll have to go through all the line ups to confirm this but I can say some of the bands that I've discovered through going to Bloodstock that I absolutely love and I think only played once:

Undersmile 2014
Rising Dream (with the singer at that time!) 2012
Krepuskul 2012

oh shit pizzas nearly here, gotta continue this later

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:45 pm

Avantasia - 2013
Ne Obliviscaris - 2015
Fleshgod Apocalypse -2015
Goatwhore - 2016
Ward xv11 - 2017
Battle Beast - 2017
The Widlhearts - 2019

gazsetsfire
Consort of the Beast

Postby gazsetsfire » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:28 pm

Nocturnal Rites - 2006
Kiuas - 2007
Destruction - 2008

JD_B3E5
Warrior of Metal

Postby JD_B3E5 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:11 am

Can only really speak for the years that I've been to.

Suicidal Tendencies - 2018
Power Trip - 2018
Possessed - 2017
Annihilator - 2017

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:14 am

Even though I wasn't there, I want to add Kroh because I sadly missed that one but I saw them as an opening band in London back in 2015 and loved them! I heard they're back together so hopefully they'll play Bloodstock again and one that I'm at.

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:36 am

Green Man III wrote:Even though I wasn't there, I want to add Kroh because I sadly missed that one but I saw them as an opening band in London back in 2015 and loved them! I heard they're back together so hopefully they'll play Bloodstock again and one that I'm at.

I saw that Kroh set and loved it at the time, but the soundman must have been some kind of wizard, as when bloodstock released the full performance onto youtube, I could hear how awful the vocals were.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:44 am

phuqsticks wrote:
Green Man III wrote:Even though I wasn't there, I want to add Kroh because I sadly missed that one but I saw them as an opening band in London back in 2015 and loved them! I heard they're back together so hopefully they'll play Bloodstock again and one that I'm at.

I saw that Kroh set and loved it at the time, but the soundman must have been some kind of wizard, as when bloodstock released the full performance onto youtube, I could hear how awful the vocals were.

Wow, that makes me sad that I missed them at Bloodstock. When I saw them in London (I think the venue was called "The Underground", it was near Camden Market), I was blown away by the vocals, especially that part in Living Water, y'know the part. It sent chills down my spine, it was so good!

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:33 pm

Green Man III wrote:
phuqsticks wrote:

Wow, that makes me sad that I missed them at Bloodstock. When I saw them in London (I think the venue was called "The Underground", it was near Camden Market), I was blown away by the vocals, especially that part in Living Water, y'know the part. It sent chills down my spine, it was so good!

I think they've had a few changes of vocalist and the person with them for the Bloodstock performance hadn't been in the band long. Rest of the band sounded great though.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:05 am

Coroner immediately spring to mind. They were so tight and I'd welcome them back in a heartbeat. I'll have a ponder over any others.

north sea storm
Leather Rebel

Postby north sea storm » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:42 am

Love bites in 2018
Katatonia 2009
A welsh band in the sophie tent 2009

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:40 am

north sea storm wrote:A welsh band in the sophie tent 2009