VIP Tickets - Was the System Swamped by Bots?

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
mcspreader
Lowly Peon

VIP Tickets - Was the System Swamped by Bots?

Postby mcspreader » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:28 pm

I noted that when the tickets went live back in August that the tickets went 'unavailable' immediately they went on sale and stayed that way until a couple of hours later when they changed to 'sold out'. There must be many Bloodstock fans, some of them repeat offenders, who, like me, were disappointed and feel the See booking system is either broken or is being swamped with scalping bots. Is this a common problem for people or is the problem uniqely mine? Are VPNs blocked? Is it the fault of my cheap sh!t ISP for example? I note from IT geekery sites such as Github that many people are creating ticket buying bots just so that they can compete with the touts and secure a face value ticket for their own use (this is not illegal in the UK, only attempting to buy fraudulently tickets over allowance numbers).
I continue to trawl the official resale site for unwanted tickets but knowing it is very simple for someone with the right skills to write a script that will pole the site several times a second looking for the word VIP coming up it is something of a forlorn hope.
Is there a trick I'm missing?
:flame: WARNING! The above post may contain humerous literary techniques that are beyond your ability to understand. :flame:

Nelly
Lowly Peon

Re: VIP Tickets - Was the System Swamped by Bots?

Postby Nelly » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 am

Due to a change of plans this summer, I have just listed my VIP ticket for sale.