First time Bloooooodstocker long time admirer

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
Insertusernamehere
Lowly Peon

First time Bloooooodstocker long time admirer

Postby Insertusernamehere » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:21 am

hey guys n gals
first time metal festival goer type person here , taken to long , but looking forward not backwards ,
going with the missus and her lad (check out his bands "hashmakers" , R.P.C )
wud appreciate any tips in advance
bear in mind im near 50 with 35 yrs metalling behind me so me back is banjaxed .

Noodle
I am the Law!

Re: First time Bloooooodstocker long time admirer

Postby Noodle » Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:34 am

Good to finally have you join us! If this is your first time at a festival outright, read on. If you've been to an outdoor festival before, I doubt you'll find much difference other than perhaps size and atmosphere.

The arena and campsites will be compact by festival standards if your expectations are based on Download, etc. You'll be able to reach the end of the arena to the end of the furthest main campsite in around 10 minutes. The hardest part will probably be the journey between car park and entrance. Bring sturdy and comfortable footwear. Try and put up a new tent at least once first or suffer the family argument consequences, bring mallet for pegs to deal with stones and self defence during said argument. Set times are usually released in the week before - print them off multiple times, bring pens so you can underline bands you want to see and alter them in case there are any timing changes. Set aside enough non-perishable food for the number of days you'll be here - arena food will be expensive. Don't bring all your money in cash in case something happens - bring a small amount in case technology lapses briefly, but use a card.

Other than that, come with the mindset of having a good time without bollocksing up anyone else's, chilling out, nodding in appreciation to security and volunteers in hi-vis jackets, and experiencing everything you want to experience.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:34 pm

Something to carry water in- there are taps on each campsite but there are queues for them. I'm a lot older than you and this is my 13th at least BOA and I cannot survive all day in the arena without a camping chair now- having said that there is a 'rule' that you can't take a chair in after 5pm so if you need one take it in before 5pm....or you may face an inquisition about your physical limitations in front of everyone if you are unlucky enough to get that type of security person. Other than that it is BRILLIANT although they'll have to go some to improve on last year (apart from the blistering heat) imvho.

Insertusernamehere
Lowly Peon

Postby Insertusernamehere » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:28 am

Cheers
if i see ya there i will buy ya a pint !1