BLOODSTOCK REVEALS NINE MORE BANDS FOR 2023!

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

BLOODSTOCK REVEALS NINE MORE BANDS FOR 2023!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:32 am

As we head into Halloween territory, BLOODSTOCK has dropped an absolute face slasher of a band announcement!  Here’s the latest on what’s coming to Catton Park in 2023!

Swedish metal luminaries IN FLAMES land themselves Friday’s special guest slot on the Ronnie James Dio main stage. Last month, the band dropped a music video for new track, ‘Foregone Pt. 1’, taken from their forthcoming album, ‘Foregone’ which is set for release in Feb 2023. Perhaps BLOODSTOCKers will get to hear some new tunes live!
Saturday’s RJD main stage special guests are the mighty ANTHRAX!  2021 marked the band’s 40th Anniversary and to celebrate, they recorded the ‘XL’ livestream which was released digitally this Summer (and will be available on BluRay later this year). Check out their performance of ‘Aftershock’ here.

Also grabbing main stage slots on Sunday are Brazilian metal icons SEPULTURA, who recently played an incredible set at this year’s Rock In Rio together with the Brazilian Symphony Orchestra and Cali alt rock squad UGLY KID JOE, who release their new album, ‘Rad Wings Of Destiny’ later this month.  Check out ‘That Ain’t Livin’, the lead track from that record, for all the AC/DC vibes.

Headlining the Sophie Lancaster big top stage on Friday are deathcore frontrunners WHITECHAPEL, who released their most recent album ‘Kin’ last October, check that out here.  Florida heavy rock squad NONPOINT, who dropped a high octane video for new track, ‘Paper Tigers’ recently, and Norwegian folk metal maniacs TROLLFEST also join the bill on Friday.  Be sure to bring a ‘Pina Colada’ for those guys! 

NY hardcore legends BIOHAZARD are set to headline Sunday night on the Sophie stage, with their original line up!  Check out their monster landmark track, ‘Tales From The Hard Side’ taken from their classic ‘State of The World Address’ album.  Also landing a Sunday slot are retro sounds from the brothers and sisters of the CHURCH OF THE COSMIC SKULL.  If you’re not yet aware, get a handle on their 70s psych rock with the video for ‘Sorcery & Sabotage’. 

In addition, the grass roots music-supporting METAL 2 THE MASSES 2023 programme is underway!  If you’re a self-released or unsigned band, throw your hat in the ring to land a slot on BLOODSTOCK’s New Blood stage next August. Regions announced so far are: CHESTERFIELD, NORTHERN IRELAND (Belfast), REPUBLIC OF IRELAND (Dublin), SHEFFIELD, HITCHIN, MANCHESTER, MILTON KEYNES, BOURNEMOUTH, LEEDS, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, ESSEX (Colchester), KENT (Gravesend), BRISTOL, NORTH WALES (Wrexham), LEICESTER, STOKE ON TRENT, SOUTH WALES (Cardiff), NOTTINGHAM, DEVON & CORNWALL (Saltash), SCOTLAND (heats locally, final in Edinburgh) and LONDON. Full details of venues and who to contact to enter in each region, can be found here or on Facebook.  Heats kick off soon! 

BLOODSTOCK’s 2023 Ronnie James Dio main stage headliners are KILLSWITCH ENGAGE and MEGADETH, with the third to be announced in the coming months.  Also appearing are DEVILDRIVER, FIT FOR AN AUTOPSY, DECAPITATED and GATECREEPER, plus over on the Sophie Lancaster stage, expect to see ZEAL & ARDOR, KING 810 and UNTO OTHERS.  Many, many more are yet to be announced.  With tickets selling faster than ever, all VIP packages and campervan passes are already sold out and Early Bird tickets are down to their last few, at a discounted price. Grab yours now at the ticket store.  

BLOODSTOCK will take place at Catton Park, Derbyshire on 10th-13th August 2023.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Re: BLOODSTOCK REVEALS NINE MORE BANDS FOR 2023!

Postby Noodle » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:52 pm

Trollfest, Biohazard and Anthrax will be worth a watch. In Flames will need a decent amount of oldies to keep me enthusiastic
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

mcspreader
Lowly Peon

Re: BLOODSTOCK REVEALS NINE MORE BANDS FOR 2023!

Postby mcspreader » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:25 pm

Not sure I'd call Whitechapel deathcore from what I've heard of them so far except maybe the early stuff. Bit too much cleans for that these days but I find genres just leave me in a wtf state anyway. At least the cleans aren't K-pop-a-like garbage like so many 'metalcore' bands seem to poison my ears with although maybe a wee bit too Emo. Might give then a go if the timing works.
:flame: WARNING! The above post may contain humerous literary techniques that are beyond your ability to understand. :flame: