BLOODSTOCK REVEAL TRIPTYKON PERFORMING CELTIC FROST - ANTHRAX CANCEL

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

BLOODSTOCK REVEAL TRIPTYKON PERFORMING CELTIC FROST - ANTHRAX CANCEL

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:37 am

Following on from the bonanza 15-band announcement earlier this week, BLOODSTOCK has some more news to share about 2023's event. 

In these rapidly changing times, unfortunately Saturday's special guest Anthrax have pulled out of their slot. With regret, the band have issued a brief statement saying, “Due to logistical issues beyond our control Anthrax will no longer be appearing at Bloodstock 2023."  

Anthrax leave some big boots to fill but BLOODSTOCK is confident that their replacement is more than up to the task. Joining the 2023 line-up as Saturday's special guests on the Ronnie James Dio main stage, will be the iconic metal pioneers, TRIPTYKON. In an unmissable UK exclusive performance, they'll be treating BLOODSTOCK to a CELTIC FROST set.

Tom Gabriel Warrior comments, "It was audiences and media in the UK who first embraced Celtic Frost's music in the mid-1980s and gave this band a history and career. Without their support, I wouldn't be here as the musician I have become. Moreover, we have also been very fortunate with Triptykon to be granted an equally warm welcome every time we have played the UK. This is particularly true for our past appearances at Bloodstock. It is thus truly a special honour and pleasure for us to have been asked by Bloodstock to play this unique Celtic Frost-themed concert at Bloodstock 2023. There will be many memories and emotions." 

What songs will they play? Check out the Top 10 Celtic Frost songs according to Paradise Lost’s Nick Holmes here. You’ll have to come along to find out which songs make the cut! If you need to brush up on your Celtic Frost ahead of time, why not pop the new ‘Danse Macabre’ box set on your Christmas list, which includes their complete recordings between 1984-1987 and have a read of this recent interview with The Guardian. 

BLOODSTOCK would also like to thank all the 2022 BLOODSTOCKers for supporting the festival’s efforts to be a little greener. BLOODSTOCK is delighted to state its officially certified as ‘A Greener Festival 2022 - Improvers’; particularly commended in the ‘external reach’ and ‘local community impact’ categories. A Greener Festival said, “Improvers signifies great strides on the green event journey, with continued improvements, and shows your event exhibits a significant engagement with the process of reducing negative environmental impacts and enhancing positive impacts. Bloodstock have demonstrated a passionate drive for a greener event with a focus on best practice going forwards. The team have shown excellent efforts and a clear determination to continue to improve, to protect the environment and enhance positive stakeholder connections. The whole AGF team are very grateful for the achievements of certified events, and again we thank you wholeheartedly for your efforts and actions to make the global event industry greener, and striving for AGF Certification.” BLOODSTOCK also wanted to share, that in conjunction with Fat Franks, following on from the Tent Amnesty points and a site-wide salvage of reusable camping equipment, 90% was able to be redistributed, with some spare tent fabric even being used on the Nottingham Trent University sustainable fashion project, and some other equipment including chairs/gazebos going to the Scouts. BLOODSTOCK looks forward to continuing its greener efforts with your help in 2023. 

Mabawsaritchie
Lowly Peon

Re: BLOODSTOCK REVEAL TRIPTYKON PERFORMING CELTIC FROST - ANTHRAX CANCEL

Postby Mabawsaritchie » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:33 pm

Bit gutted Anthrax pulled out but would have been 15th time I've seen them so not exactly a disaster. Only seen Triptycon once before and quite happy with a Celtic Frost set.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:19 pm

I'd missed the bit at the bottom of my email re: the green stuff. That's actually really interesting.

I'm nearly always one of the last to leave the campervan field and always have an opportunity to glance at the state of the other campsites on my drive home. This year was definitely better than others, and reading about stuff that's happened to some of what was left is better than merely assuming everything went to landfill or snagged in hedges.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:40 am

Best announcement so far and first to actually make me upset if I can't make it this year.
I went crazy seeing Triptykon in 2014. Would absolutely love to see them again. So if I'm in England during this time, I will be going just to see this band. Bonus bands will be Megedeth, Sepultura, Sacred Reich and the usual, checking out new bands.

mcspreader
Lowly Peon

Postby mcspreader » Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:00 am

Can't say I'm not disappointed that Anthrax have pulled out but I caught them on this year's tour so not exactly a personal disaster. However, the Triptykon Celtic Frost set sounds very interesting and a fiting tribute to the late Martin Ain. Had me searching through the record collection to get a bit of the old vibe. It'll have to wait until this side of Keeper of the Seven Keys is finished though.
:flame: WARNING! The above post may contain humerous literary techniques that are beyond your ability to understand. :flame: