BLOODSTOCK ANNOUNCES ABBATH - DEVILDRIVER CANCEL

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

BLOODSTOCK ANNOUNCES ABBATH - DEVILDRIVER CANCEL

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:14 am

ANNOUNCEMENT

Unfortunately, we have to share that both Nonpoint and DevilDriver have pulled out of the festival this summer.

BLOODSTOCK is delighted to announce that the legendary, Norwegian black metal icon ABBATH will step in to fill the breach on Saturday’s Ronnie James Dio main stage. Rarely in the UK, and not at BLOODSTOCK since IMMORTAL’s headline slot in 2011, this is certifiably a set not to be missed!!

ABBATH declares, “We're really looking forward to be coming back to the UK to shake the Bloodstock foundation. It's been way too long!”

With Nonpoint dropping out, the previously announced almighty Bossk are moving up the Sophie Lancaster stage bill to takeover their slot!

BLOODSTOCK can also reveal the addition of crossover thrash beasts Pest Control to keep your heads bangin’.

Day and weekend tickets available.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Re: BLOODSTOCK ANNOUNCES ABBATH - DEVILDRIVER CANCEL

Postby Noodle » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:34 am

"What a terrible pity" - None of the forum regulars of times gone past.

I think we can call Abbath's announcement adequate.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:35 pm

It's probably worth pointing out that the reason for Devildriver pulling out is due to Dez dealing with complications from COVID. Jokes about not being subjected to their music at Bloodstock aside, I hope he makes a full recovery and can do what he loves on an international scale again.
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:13 pm

Noodle wrote:"What a terrible pity" - None of the forum regulars of times gone past.

Myself included. Abbath is a big improvement for my tastes.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Skippy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Skippy » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:19 pm

Noodle wrote:It's probably worth pointing out that the reason for Devildriver pulling out is due to Dez dealing with complications from COVID. Jokes about not being subjected to their music at Bloodstock aside, I hope he makes a full recovery and can do what he loves on an international scale again.

Of course, pulling out has nothing to do with being offered a much bigger tour with his other band the other side of the world. And not telling Bloodstock until after that tour had been announced about his "complications from COVID"?

Either way, Devildriver were a particularly insipid booking, and while I'm not a fan of Abbath, he is a massive improvement.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:00 am

That may be the real reason. I'm passing on a piece of info from the official announcement that's missing from here.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:10 pm

Yep. Good.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Your Metal Sister
Lowly Peon

Postby Your Metal Sister » Wed May 17, 2023 10:25 pm

Gutted that Devildriver aren't playing, I hope Dez makes a full recovery.