Any fellow Scots travelling with space for me?

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
Sonibu
Lowly Peon

Any fellow Scots travelling with space for me?

Postby Sonibu » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:36 pm

Hiya, I am finding it difficult to get to Bloodstock this year, seems I've missed out on Big Green Coach as they have sold out the only two pickups for Scotland, and there don't seem to be any other affordable options for me. I've posted on Liftshare but nothing coming up, asked in local metalhead group, but no response yet. Wary of booking trains given more strike days announced for July, National Express could get me as far as Derby I think? flying is ridiculously expensive and takes anything from 7 to 13 hours as nothing direct from up here, hire cars are £350 or thereabouts... So I've emailed BGC and been in contact with Bloodstock who said they'd have a convo with BGC, BGC however are non committal, just saying their operations team will look into it, no guarantees. So, my big question! Is there anyone from up here that may be passing somewhere near Fife that has space for me, my backpack and small tent that would take me and bring me back?! I will obvs go halves fuel, can even get temp insurance if you want someone to share driving. Don't know if this is the right place to ask but I don't know what else to do just now, the optimist in me is still holding out hope BGC will come through and put on more buses as for them to sell out there is clearly demand (Edinburgh, Glasgow and next nearest Carlisle are the only places to sell out all seats in UK) but the depressed realist in me is thinking no chance really. Anyway, essay over, hope this is allowed and anyone that can help please let me know. Cheers, a slightly stressed metalhead mum here!