The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:25 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:Danielson can literally make any match good :o

And Sheamus has been kicking ass the past 12 months, well deserved in my eyes :yes:

agreed, before jericho returned sheamus was my pick to win it. i've been expecting him to get a shot at the WHT for months, he's definitely ready to main even wrestlemania with the right opponent. on that subject, i see orton or big show winning the title in the elimination chamber, long shot being barrett, with someone being thrown in for a triple threat at WM.

manowarrior
Leather Rebel

Postby manowarrior » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Actual Rumble was amazing esp the final part with Sheamus and Jericho, do you guys think they "gelled" really well together?

Went to TNA house show in Manchester, was friggin brilliant. Samoa Joe vs Boddy Roode was filmed for Xplosion tonight and was a corker.
Bully Ray's cheap heat in a Liverpool shirt was cracking as was Hogan doing his usual shtick.
I dont recall Kurt Angle actually doing anything much in the main event but I was pretty drunk at that point!
Knockout's match was good, Madison Rayne needs to EAT though, still would though.

Looking forward to seeing how the London tapings come off on tv as from what I heard from people who went, Crimson was booed in a huge way as well as the constant F**k You Bischoff chants :o)
I can see by that look that you have in your eyes, you came here for metal to fight and to die!

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:06 pm

CrappyMike wrote:

And Sheamus has been kicking ass the past 12 months, well deserved in my eyes :yes:

agreed, before jericho returned sheamus was my pick to win it. i've been expecting him to get a shot at the WHT for months, he's definitely ready to main even wrestlemania with the right opponent. on that subject, i see orton or big show winning the title in the elimination chamber, long shot being barrett, with someone being thrown in for a triple threat at WM.

I must be the only one who thinks Danielson is going to headline Mania , the guy is awesome

TheRiverDragon
Powermetal Child

Postby TheRiverDragon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:14 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:

I must be the only one who thinks Danielson is going to headline Mania , the guy is awesome

I certainly hope that Bryan is going to headline 'Mania however I'm not sure enough has changed in a year that they'd have Sheamus vs. Bryan again after it didn't even make it on to the card last year. Whether they trust Bryan and Sheamus enough to carry the match. I think it's very liekly that Randy Orton will be added to the mix either in place of Bryan or to make it a triple threat match. Not sure whether a Sheamus vs. Orton match would work particularly with no heel. Big Show has no chance of winning the title though, he's already going to be facing Shaq at Wrestlemania should the deal go through. I think Wade Barrett is my favourite to win at elimination chamber, we had a feud between him and Sheamus hinted a few weeks ago, only Jinder Mahal was tagging along as well, and despite the fact that he got only a little pop at the rumble he's still one of the better heels in the WWE currently. So either Barrett or Cody doing a Warrior and holding the World and Intercontinental titles simultaneously.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:10 am

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:

you're not, but people who really believe it are fools. the best we can hope for is a triple threat, if its a singles match its not gonna be him. as much as wwe clearly see his value, i doubt they'll let him main event wrestlemania against sheamus, considering previous matches between them were a squash on smackdown and dropped from last years WM.

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:38 pm

CrappyMike wrote:
ANDREWHALL28 wrote:I must be the only one who thinks Danielson is going to headline Mania , the guy is awesome

you're not, but people who really believe it are fools. the best we can hope for is a triple threat, if its a singles match its not gonna be him. as much as wwe clearly see his value, i doubt they'll let him main event wrestlemania against sheamus, considering previous matches between them were a squash on smackdown and dropped from last years WM.

Did you see his match with Punk on RAW? The crowd were hotter than they've been on a RAW in ages. All he needs is a few more weeks to fully turn heel and then he's ready.
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:19 pm

i did, but he's not gonna main event with sheamus. even as a heel, its not a wrestlemania quality match. if they put orton or barett in then maybe, but i dont see why a match that was dropped from the card last year would be good enough to main event this year, when not much has really changed. i would actually love to see daniel bryan main event WM but i cant see it happening.

MikeA
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby MikeA » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Considering the WHT is essentially a secondary title at this point and the fact that Cena/Rock is the main event, it doesnt really matter who is in the WHT match. Bryan and shemus would be fine, but I think theyll add Orton and maybe Wade because they don't have much else to do and the card is getting stacked as it is.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:02 pm

They can turn Danielson Heel all they want the wrestling fans are still going to cheer for him :lol:

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:06 pm

Yeah, you can always hear the IWC in the crowd who are still cheering for Daniels despite his "heel" turn.

They're doing it kinda blandly though. "I'M A ROLE MODEL. I'M A VEGAN".

Eeeeeeh. I feel they could've gone somewhere better than that. I dunno. Have him pull Big Shows dads coffin away with a truck or something.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:18 pm

tbf nobody likes vegans

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:19 pm

Scrap that, started watching the rest of Raw.

Looks like Micheal Cole is gonna start backing Bryan.

Number 1 way to force a heel turn, since there's no J.R. to punch.

EDIT: Great Punk match.

Made neither side look weak, and set up a good potential Jericho v Punk storyline, and also managed to give Bryan a bit more heel fuel. Good shit.

Btw, anyone else impressed with Bryan's personality and shit improvement? He was pretty dodgy when he first came on. He seems to be settling in a bit more now. Maybe because they've let him be the bad guy, which he always used to be.

OH GOD. HE'S BACK.

I should've guessed considering it's nearly Wrestlemania but still AW YEAH HE'S BACK.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:16 pm

Danielson has been the top heel in most companies he has been in, so no :lol:

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:18 pm

Rickles_the_Mighty wrote:
Did you see his match with Punk on RAW? The crowd were hotter than they've been on a RAW in ages. All he needs is a few more weeks to fully turn heel and then he's ready.

One of the best matches on RAW in bloody ages, and WWE fuck it up with Jericho interfering, seriously :(

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:31 pm

not really fucking it up, sets up the feud pretty much everyone wants leading into the match pretty much everyone wants at wrestlemania, and bryan can brag about winning, thus earning himself more heat.