The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
manowarrior
Leather Rebel

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby manowarrior » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:04 pm

LOVING the cena/rock promos lately, Team Cena all the way for me and the way wwe are making cena seem more "real" is fantastic imo.

I reckon HHH will end the streak and that'll give Taker time off to do his "origins" film, long shot but we'll see.
I can see by that look that you have in your eyes, you came here for metal to fight and to die!

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:06 pm

Some fantastically attitude-type era shit from The Rock in the pre recorded stuff.

The face off was a bit less entertaining word wise, but Rock played his part as the angry dude well. Can't be fucked with Cena's "LOL I TOTALLY SHOOK YOU BRO. WHERE YOUR CONFIDENCE AT BRO" thing. Being a cunt in the middle of Rocks promo. Punk can pull that shit off. Cena cannot.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:32 pm

Jobdone wrote:Some fantastically attitude-type era shit from The Rock in the pre recorded stuff.

The face off was a bit less entertaining word wise, but Rock played his part as the angry dude well. Can't be fucked with Cena's "LOL I TOTALLY SHOOK YOU BRO. WHERE YOUR CONFIDENCE AT BRO" thing. Being a cunt in the middle of Rocks promo. Punk can pull that shit off. Cena cannot.

Yeah he was annoying more than anything else. His whole sitting in the empty arena trying to be deep thing sucked as well. Rocky's history lessons on the other hand were incredible.

And Mike, wasn't there supposed to be something a few months back about Dustin Runnels posting on twitter he could have his intercontinental title back any time he wanted and that's where everyone got this idea of the 2 brothers feuding? It would be great if it did happen, Goldust doesn't get the credit as an in-ring performer that he deserves.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

TheRiverDragon
Powermetal Child

Postby TheRiverDragon » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:22 pm

Just watched this weeks Impact, well bar the main event, found it to generably enjoyable, partly due to the fact that (as far as I know) Sting didn't act like one of the rejects from the Jim Carrey collection, but mostly due to the gratuitous amounts of A Double on my screen. However, this is where one of my gripes arises. During the segment in which Bobby Roooooooo, Bully Ray and Aries were talking about why they're done, the crowd starting shouting "boring" while Aries is talking. Really? I know American TNA fans have the tendency to be stupid but really? The guy is on par with Kevin Steen for the best heel in ANY company right now, and the fans don't even give him any response? I'm mean they sat there while Bobby Roode said the same thing he's been saying for 4 months (don't get me wrong I like Roode a lot but his promos have a tendency to bore me) and managed to sit through what felt like 5 minutes of Bully Ray pointing at his fucking calves, and yet the best mic worker in the company gets boring chanted at him. Then in the next segment the crowd are on their feet for Shannon Fucking Moore, ridiculous.
Also the wat they're handling the Jesse Sorenson injury is pretty fucking despicable if you ask me, I get that you want to update people on how he's doing but there's no need to show a video of him and his mum having a heart-to-heart on national television, show the family some respect, and having Zema Ion say that he felt no remorse, while it might be good for some cheap heat, was an awful move.
Sorry about the rant, i just had a couple of grievances with this weeks Impact, but all in all I found it enjoyable, Aries, Joe and Magnus in the main event, and Brandon jacobs was nowhere in sight, which can only be a good thing.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:29 pm

aries is genuinely one of the best wrestlers in the world. the impact zone is always shit, it cant really be taken as an indication of all TNA fans.

as for sorenson, i doubt it would be on TV if he hadnt approved it. ion needs the cheap heat as well, he's not a great talker and he's been put into a spot that i assume (at least i really, really hope) wasnt originally meant for him.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:39 pm

Well scripted or not, I think Cena's promos the past few weeks have been amazing, Rock is doing the same shit as usual, but I have to say the Paul Revere stuff was very funny :lol:

I also like how Cena is coming out and is good enough to do this stuff like it is on the spot, and make Rocky look like he is reading a script every inch of the way, his whole attitude when Rock was talking thing was brilliant, and raising his hands as the music hit etc, I think Cena at the moment is winning me over :|

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:37 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:Well scripted or not, I think Cena's promos the past few weeks have been amazing, Rock is doing the same shit as usual, but I have to say the Paul Revere stuff was very funny :lol:

At least The Rock's same old shit is good. I just get bored and zone out when Cena goes on his "I'm proud to do what I do!" tangent. And what, every other wrestler in the back is ashamed? It doesn't appeal me to him at all when he just reiterates every insult that other guys like The Rock hurl at him. Like"yeah, i am a fruity pebble so what, because i rise above!" and shit.

And the whole making Rocky look uncomfortable and scripted is all works come up by the writing staff to try and make support for both guys about 50/50 going into 'Mania. If it's working for you, fair enough, but it just seems so utterly contrived to me.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:36 pm

Good to see that The Rock showed up to RAW this week. I hope Dwayne doesn't come back.

edit: ffs I posted too soon. Dwayne showed up at the end >:( Cena won again imo, but Rock's vignettes were ace and we need more of that.
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:21 pm

problem is The Rock's live stuff is pretty crap :lol:

What's with the walking around the ring thing :?

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:35 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:problem is The Rock's live stuff is pretty crap :lol:

What's with the walking around the ring thing :?

Stalking his prey, he's alpha as fuck.

I agree with Matty on this, Cena is boring. We KNOW you're there at every show mate, trust me, we fucking know.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:52 pm

It's his fucking job, he has to be there, jesus havn't you lot figured this out yet :lol:

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:59 pm

animal talking about whether sting is an icon or not
“No! Sting is not in the same league as guys like Triple H, Stone Cold, The Rock. Sting will never be considered a legend or icon until he lets his pride go and joins WWE. He needs to bury his personal issues and just get into the WWE. Sting has to come over to the WWE to be that guy, it’s a bigger stage. Impact is one thing, the WWE is a way bigger thing.”

i have to agree. i know he was in WCW, but i had no idea who he was until about 2/3 years ago.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:55 am

austin aries is now the longest reigning x division champion ever. most excellent.

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:39 pm

Where do you guys watch TNA these days?
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:47 pm

its on challenge, but they censor it. i watch it on dailymotion, although its usually in 6 parts on there, or if i can be bothered waiting i download it for better quality.