Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Bisset
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Bisset » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:02 pm

Turbo wrote:Undecided if I will enjoy Skyrim, and its a great deal of pennies only to potentially be disappointed, so I got a very much cheaper Oblivion, and I am going to give that a go.

Everything about the above statement made me lose a little faith in humanity. Skyrim is vastly superior to Oblivion in everyway, but then I hated Oblivion so my opinion may be null and void
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:07 pm

Bisset wrote:
Turbo wrote:Undecided if I will enjoy Skyrim, and its a great deal of pennies only to potentially be disappointed, so I got a very much cheaper Oblivion, and I am going to give that a go.

Everything about the above statement made me lose a little faith in humanity. Skyrim is vastly superior to Oblivion in everyway, but then I hated Oblivion so my opinion may be null and void

I loved Oblivion but there were some things about it I miss that aren't in Skyrim, such as Spell-Making, and some of the big quests were more interesting than in Skyrim. But Skyrim is the best overall in my opinion :)
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Dangles
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Dangles » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:
Bisset wrote:

I loved Oblivion but there were some things about it I miss that aren't in Skyrim, such as Spell-Making, and some of the big quests were more interesting than in Skyrim. But Skyrim is the best overall in my opinion :)

My opinion exactly, i loved oblivion for how broken the game is in comparison to skyrim.
There's just something about being able to jump several thousand feet into the air while running at a speed of 100km/s.
Skyrim is great, definitly a better game in comparison. It just doesn't hold my attention the same way oblivion did.
Facebook
Bands that should play Bloodstock next year
VADER | SEPTIC FLESH | KATATONIA | ANATHEMA

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:43 pm

I'm not much of a gamer but I heard about Journey on the PS3 this morning. The concept behind it is fascinating. It's a single player but if you're online you might come across other players. You don't know who they are, their user ID isn't revealed and you can't talk to or message them. You can either help each other out or ignore them.

http://thatgamecompany.com/games/journey/

I might get it.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Dangles
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Dangles » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:47 pm

I agree, I'm tempted to borrow my mate's playstation 3 to play journey. It looks like something worth buying.
Facebook
Bands that should play Bloodstock next year
VADER | SEPTIC FLESH | KATATONIA | ANATHEMA

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:07 pm

Well I have got to 25 and never played any of these Elder Scroll games, and I am doing alot of this buying the latest games and not giving games that preceeded them a stab. I had MW3 before I got 1 and 2. I did play 1 and 2 before 3 though, so not all was lost, but like Saints Row, I only have played the 3rd, enjoyed it very much, but I know if I play the first two SR, I wont like them anywhere near as much. Im hoping I like Oblivion, so logic would say, ill fucking love Skyrim.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:54 pm

SR1 and 2 are both vastly superior to 3, because 3 was the most disappointing game of the last decade.

oblivion has better storylines than skyrim, and the fact you can run and jump at superhuman speeds is great, but overall i think skyrim is the better game.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:49 pm

I've never played Oblivion or any Elder Scrolls game but Skyrim.. but I can honestly say that Skyrim is a fucktonne of fun.

By the way, has anyone played the recent Splatterhouse game? I nearly picked it up in HMV today but decided against paying £19 when it's £9 on Amazon. Just wondering if it's actually worth even that?
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:11 am

I've not heard much positive about it tbh, but I can't speak about it personally.

P.S - Skyrim is far, far better than Oblivion. I liked Oblivion but it pissed me off in a lot of ways, most of which are fixed/replaced with less annoying things in Skyrim.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:23 am

VizardAmata wrote:I've not heard much positive about it tbh, but I can't speak about it personally.

See, I've heard about as much positive as I have negative. Seen some gameplay footage and it just looks like a generic hack 'n slash (much like the original Splatterhouse games). I'm in no rush to buy any more games, though, so hopefully if I do decide to get it, it'll have dropped price even more :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Looky
Warrior of Metal

Postby Looky » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:09 am

jackcake wrote:I'm not much of a gamer but I heard about Journey on the PS3 this morning. The concept behind it is fascinating. It's a single player but if you're online you might come across other players. You don't know who they are, their user ID isn't revealed and you can't talk to or message them. You can either help each other out or ignore them.

http://thatgamecompany.com/games/journey/

I might get it.

I bought it on Thursday. Only played it a bit and not online but my initial impression is that it's quite similar to Flower (their previous game). It's very pretty and sounds lovely and I'm looking forward to the whole online thing, but I can't really say much else, though I can see it being one of those games you play for 2 hours but it feels like 10 minutes.
"The thing about numbers is... there's loads of them."

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:31 pm

Splatterhouse is worth £9 because I never finished it because it has the old ones as unlockables :D

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:39 pm

CrappyMike wrote:Splatterhouse is worth £9 because I never finished it because it has the old ones as unlockables :D

As in the Mega Drive/Arcade games, or "The Old Ones" - Cthulhu, etc?
Either way, sold :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:49 pm

Mega drive old ones :lol:

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:48 pm

Splatterhouse isn't bad...pretty generic but enjoyable mindless fun! £9 is worth it I reckon

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p