The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Delightful-Jim » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:56 pm

I went to a festival alone before. Made a tonne of friends from it's forums so if I can go from Ireland on my own and have a blast, you certainly can :)
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:39 pm

LivingDeadGirl93 wrote:Apart from me and my dad theres pretty much no one..alas. The Black Cross got shut down so theres pretty much nowhere now yay for life. At least Birminghams not too far away.

Due to the shitness of this, I am 90% certain I'm going to Bloodstock alone this year ahha! Should be a blast.

I went to Bloodstock alone last year. Wasn't too bad, had a chinwag with a few people from here and saw more bands than I would have done if I had someone with me which is something I actually enjoyed.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

LivingDeadGirl93
Lowly Peon

Postby LivingDeadGirl93 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:17 pm

Aye tbh I'm not too worried..I spent 80% of Bloodstock last year on my own anyway cos me and my friend didn't get on too well xD
So I think I'll have a great time totally alone this year haha...meet more interesting people that way

Urisk
Consort of the Beast

Postby Urisk » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:39 pm

LivingDeadGirl93 wrote:Apart from me and my dad theres pretty much no one..alas. The Black Cross got shut down so theres pretty much nowhere now yay for life. At least Birminghams not too far away.

Due to the shitness of this, I am 90% certain I'm going to Bloodstock alone this year ahha! Should be a blast.

Yeah well where I grew up there was never a rock pub in the first place. Just shitholes full of dickheads and neds, and Tennents Lager.

To be honest I'm not sure if I really do miss being in a relationship nowadays. I do miss the company, probably, but the fact I've come to the conclusion that all women seem to be a little crazy has somewhat consoled me :lol: Maybe it's just the ones I tend to come into contact with. In all seriousness though it does seem a bit like naebody is about. All the nice ones are either already in a relationship, or too far away. And since I've been already labelled as being "too nice" I suppose that says it all.

It's simpler however. :D

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:47 pm

I'll be honest. The only things I miss from my last relationship were the sex and cuddling. Being without everything else isn't particularly bothering me, which is awesome.
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Urisk
Consort of the Beast

Postby Urisk » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:53 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:I'll be honest. The only things I miss from my last relationship were the sex and cuddling. Being without everything else isn't particularly bothering me, which is awesome.

Yeah. yeah I'd agree with that.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:11 pm

I'd gladly have good conversations and companionship over fucking and cuddling anyday tbh

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:14 pm

Someone reminded me earlier that come August I'll have been with my bf for the best part of 5 years. Christ.

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Postby VirginInvader » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:21 pm

Nantha wrote:I'd gladly have good conversations and companionship over fucking and cuddling anyday tbh

Yeah but you're a girl. It's easier to get fucked and cuddled when you hate tits and all that :P
Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:24 pm

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:31 pm

you've gotta be with someone you can at least have a good conversation with. Cuddling and fucking only lasts so long before you end up going to the pub

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:28 am

Delightful-Jim wrote:Irish interrelationship vocabulary :

Score : To eat one's face. No more. No less.
Pulled : Above but included with either a handjob or oral sex.
Gettin' ones hole : To engage in copulation with another person or persons.

Edit: Oh yeah we have this stupid one the Dubs us called "meeting", I don't know if any of the brits use it. But it's no different from making out or scoring. It's stupid and I don't like saying it. ¬__¬

Up north i'd say it'd go;

Skanked/saw/got into= kissed

rid/bucked/smashed her pastie etc=had sex with

Pulled could be either or anything in between

"Brought home" is a weird one because it implies but doesn't necessarily mean sex. Like I have a semi-regular bed guest who i get naked with and kiss and "stuff" but don't have sex with.

Anyway welsh woman is home in a few days, and I feel like I need to talk to her about where she thinks me and her are going. Last time we reassessed are situation she said pretty clearly she didn't want me as a boyfriend, and that we were just friends who enjoy a bit of sex and that occasionally as well. That's exactly how I saw it too, but recently she's been behaving like it's less of a casual thing, and sent me a text about English women looking to take advantage of me or something similar before I went away this weekend. That's one of a few hints she's made recently that makes me think she wants a monogamist relationship between us.

I hope i'm wrong because i'm just simply not up for this thing advancing any more than it has. 8 months ago, before she decided we were moving to fast and dumped me, then my feelings were a lot stronger for her. Now it'd just be dishonest to pretend I feel that way and that I think we could work in the long term, and i've been lied to before by someone who didn't want to hurt my feelings and it was a lot more hurtful thing to do in the long run. If I do have to tell her that though i'm going to seem like a dickhead no matter what because it is little over a week til her birthday. Fuck I hope i'm just being paranoid about this.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:08 am

Nantha wrote:I'd gladly have good conversations and companionship over fucking and cuddling anyday tbh

Here is wisdom - or at least for my anyway. The physical stuff alone can be great for a while, but if there's nothing else there then there's little point.

Curling up on the sofa with a brew and chatting is much more interesting in the long run for me.
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:28 am

I think a nice balance between all of the different aspects of a relationship is the best thing really. BUT I NEED MY CUDDLES.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:05 am

Sometimes we can go for hours without a meaningful conversation, just "You want a cup of tea?" or "What's on TV?". Just being in the general vicinity of each other is enough. I'd probably get sick of cuddles if that's all we did, sometimes we just can't be arsed, and we generally spend whole evenings doing different things.

Bedtime is cuddle time. :D
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.