The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Bisset
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Bisset » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:20 am

Fjar wrote:Sometimes we can go for hours without a meaningful conversation, just "You want a cup of tea?" or "What's on TV?". Just being in the general vicinity of each other is enough. I'd probably get sick of cuddles if that's all we did, sometimes we just can't be arsed, and we generally spend whole evenings doing different things.

Bedtime is cuddle time. :D

The sign of a comfortable relationship I'd say. I do miss the companionship but I've been thinking about it more recently and I think the reason that I started getting so miserable was due to the fact my ex as never around when I was. Her sleeping pattern was so fucked that she'd stay up all night when I when I was asleep, she'd sleep til 5, she went to London/ Manchester about 3 times a month at the tail end of last year.

Also (and Moo will get this I hope) when she was raiding in Warcraft she didn't like using 'push to talk' so I couldn't even be in the same room as her for four hours every 3 or so nights.

Basically I ended up being lonely in my own house while she was there. so in short - I'd take companionship over fucking and cuddles (although a nice mix would have been nice)
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:37 am

Fjar wrote:Sometimes we can go for hours without a meaningful conversation, just "You want a cup of tea?" or "What's on TV?". Just being in the general vicinity of each other is enough. I'd probably get sick of cuddles if that's all we did, sometimes we just can't be arsed, and we generally spend whole evenings doing different things.

Bedtime is cuddle time. :D

I expect to revert to something closer to this when I move to York - I'm getting a Book Corner (big comfy chair and a bookcase) so I think I'll be living in there with the cat whilst Alex games in the evening (serious boyfriend points awarded here - it's not quite the library Belle got in Beauty and the Beast, but it's the same principle! :D)

Either that or we'll both be gaming in the study and be having arguments as to who has to pause "this incredibly important bit" to make a cuppa :lol:

At the moment, we only see each other at weekends so cuddles are priority! That and I think both of us are quite cuddly people anyway.
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

PhilMow
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby PhilMow » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:11 am

Aye, there has to be a balance.
I've been there were there's just been coitus and it gets pretty boring after a while.

I only see Anna 2 or 3 times a week at the mo, but we talk on the phone every night.
When we spend time together we mostly talk and cuddle. There might be days or
weeks between coitus, because we don't need to do it all the time. We were at it a bit
like rabbits to begin with.
We have a lot of shared interests so there's always something to talk about and do together.
At the mo, we're in the final stages of planning our wedding and also trying to get ourselves
a mortgage and house.
But I just love spending time with her, no matter what we are doing.
Festivals
MetallicA's Big Day Out 99
Ozzfest 01
Download 07
Rock Am Ring 08
Bloodstock 09,10,11,12,13,14,15
Hammerfest 13, 14, 15
Temples 14

Damnation 15[/size]

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:24 am

Bisset wrote:Also (and Moo will get this I hope) when she was raiding in Warcraft she didn't like using 'push to talk' so I couldn't even be in the same room as her for four hours every 3 or so nights.

See, we have a couple of guys on vent that don't use push to talk.

We just to take the opportunity to tell their girlfriends how shitty their boyfriends are at whatever game we're playing.

And something along the lines of "HE'S GOT A TINY DICK AIN'T HE? BET HE'S GOT A TINY DICK" :lol:

I love no push to talk with couples.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:31 am

Jobdone wrote:
Bisset wrote:Also (and Moo will get this I hope) when she was raiding in Warcraft she didn't like using 'push to talk' so I couldn't even be in the same room as her for four hours every 3 or so nights.

See, we have a couple of guys on vent that don't use push to talk.

We just to take the opportunity to tell their girlfriends how shitty their boyfriends are at whatever game we're playing.

And something along the lines of "HE'S GOT A TINY DICK AIN'T HE? BET HE'S GOT A TINY DICK" :lol:

I love no push to talk with couples.

See that would have been amusing if I'd been in but the one day I was in the room I kept getting frowned at when I moved my chair. I keep thinking I've had a lucky escape.

Now to woo this other girl
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Postby VirginInvader » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:13 pm

Seriously, you really all had a two page discussion about cuddling? Fucking hell, you complete bunch of poofs :lol:
Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin

V-Man
Paster of Muppets

Postby V-Man » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:16 pm

Cuddles are the best, if you grasped this fact you might get to enjoy more vagina :P
I used to have a link to a social networking site here but these days you all probably already know who I am.

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Postby VirginInvader » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:20 pm

V-Man wrote:Cuddles are the best, if you grasped this fact you might get to enjoy more vagina :P

Where I come from, there's a difference between liking a cuddle, and admitting to liking a cuddle on a Heavy Metal forum mate :lol:

18/07- Metalbrew, London

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:25 pm

Chokin' teh bitch is totally metal guys.
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Lick Mars wrote:you've gotta be with someone you can at least have a good conversation with. Cuddling and fucking only lasts so long before you end up going to the pub

She did say she was shy, but, conversations are easy to come buy, we've had a few silent moments while just cuddling on my bed, she's met 75% of my friends and seems to get on fine with them. :)
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

JrHunter
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby JrHunter » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:37 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:Irish interrelationship vocabulary :

Score : To eat one's face. No more. No less.
Pulled : Above but included with either a handjob or oral sex.
Gettin' ones hole : To engage in copulation with another person or persons.

Edit: Oh yeah we have this stupid one the Dubs us called "meeting", I don't know if any of the brits use it. But it's no different from making out or scoring. It's stupid and I don't like saying it. ¬__¬

You left out "shifting"

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:44 pm

The only people I knew that said that were people in Drogheda. And I don't hear it anywhere else to be honest.
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

JrHunter
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby JrHunter » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:51 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:The only people I knew that said that were people in Drogheda. And I don't hear it anywhere else to be honest.

Tbh, I only know that term cause of the RubberBandits :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkEimy0xGTk

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Postby VirginInvader » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:31 pm

Told my mate a few weeks to man up and go for it with this bird he kept going on about, and they've just started going out the other day. They've both messaged me saying thanks and that they owe me beers for sorting it all out. Probably my first good deed of 2012 like :D

18/07- Metalbrew, London

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:50 pm

First... And only. :D
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.