TV: Current and Recent

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Jobdone » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:06 pm

CrappyMike wrote:
clare-l wrote:that's fourty seconds too many and enough to make me sigh and turn it off and put something else on to watch first ;)

really? for something that lasts 40 seconds and is only really a little less funny than the rest?

I hate to agree with Mike, but yeah, this.

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:23 pm

i actually find it obnoxious - not just simply unfunny - which is why i turned it off and went to another programme instead.

no one on here does any different if they dislike something. :rolleyes: plus i didn't know that it was only short.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:29 pm

People generally last more than 40 seconds if a section they don't like comes up :P

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:42 pm

More importantly;

Law and Order ep next week

http://community101.tumblr.com/post/215 ... sic-lupine

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:00 pm

I was hunting around to see what's happening with the next dexter book and I came across this.

Jennifer Carpenter - who plays Dexter's sister Deb - recently confirmed to Digital Spy that the show's eighth season will be its last.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:28 pm

Luke_X wrote:I was hunting around to see what's happening with the next dexter book and I came across this.

Jennifer Carpenter - who plays Dexter's sister Deb - recently confirmed to Digital Spy that the show's eighth season will be its last.

Calm down, Mr Impatient. The latest one only came out at the end of last year!

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:47 am

Watched the third GoT episode last night. Most enjoyable one of this series yet I think.
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:45 am

clare-l wrote:i actually find it obnoxious - not just simply unfunny - which is why i turned it off and went to another programme instead.

no one on here does any different if they dislike something. :rolleyes: plus i didn't know that it was only short.

I'd say most people power through it to see where the rest of the episode goes..
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Urgh, the Melisandre/Davos scene in Game of Thrones was just as bad as I thought it would be. :ugh: :ugh:
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Fjar wrote:Urgh, the Melisandre/Davos scene in Game of Thrones was just as bad as I thought it would be. :ugh: :ugh:

I'm really intrigued to watch it now. (I haven't read the books so no spoilers please)
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:57 pm

Applecore wrote:
clare-l wrote:i actually find it obnoxious - not just simply unfunny - which is why i turned it off and went to another programme instead.

I'd say most people power through it to see where the rest of the episode goes..

yes well, i had other things to do and watch and i really really fucking hate inspector spacetime. sorry that i didn't watch something through, such a crime :rolleyes:

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:06 pm

clare-l wrote:
Applecore wrote:

yes well, i had other things to do and watch and i really really fucking hate inspector spacetime. sorry that i didn't watch something through, such a crime :rolleyes:

When its Community, its a crime.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:24 pm

clare-l wrote:
Applecore wrote:

I think it's just the fact it was less than a minute. Like, if something I really despise comes up I'll just skip forward a couple of minutes. Like awkward moments in tv shows.

It's why I skipped through basically all of the office.

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:16 am

Does anyone watch Grimm? Also, my friend just got me into Community too! What have I been missing out on. :D
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:21 am

clare-l wrote:
Applecore wrote:

It is indeed a crime. Skipping episodes because of short moments of Inspector Spacetime is basically like letting the Blorgons win.

In all seriousness though, I don't like Dr Who. When I saw Abed was basically watching Dr Who I was disappointed because I knew there'd be constant references to something I didn't care for. But for all I care, they could do a whole episode about Inspector Spacetime and I'd still watch it, because I love the show.

But hey, if you want to skip it based on 10% of the episode being about something you don't like, it's your loss :yes:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock