What's upset you?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
jellybean
Powermetal Child

Re: What's upset you?

Postby jellybean » Sat May 05, 2012 7:00 pm

:) I don't post much on this forum and I don't know you personally, but I really hope you can find some comfort from the right people after your encounter with that pathetic thug.

10 years ago I was attacked from behind for no reason while studying at Leeds Uni. I remember feeling angry at myself afterwards for not doing 'this or that' at the time, especially as it was a group of 16-17year old boys and girls that jumped me. I now have a metal plate in my jaw, not that anyone would notice, but I still feel a deep anger/vengeance at those invisible faces that scarred me and put my parents and friends through hell.

Time heals and all, and I'm sure you are a strong individual. It just angers me that this type of mindless violence still exists 10 years later.

Have a vodka on me! :)

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Sat May 05, 2012 11:08 pm

I feel like such a failure it's unreal.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sun May 06, 2012 12:08 am

That put me in a viscerally angry mood.

Cardiff has a shit streak. Makes me glad I live in hippy old bristol

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Sun May 06, 2012 2:20 am

gandalf the red wrote:I would report it though, because this scumbag could be a serious danger to people and the local police may have an idea who it is or at least keep a look out for him.

This. If some cunt is going round attacking women, it needs reporting so they can catch him.

Hope you are ok though. . :hug:
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

Immort_Reaper
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Immort_Reaper » Sun May 06, 2012 2:43 am

I really hope you're ok ania :<

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sun May 06, 2012 8:03 am

I'm home for a few days, so I'm okay. :)
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Sun May 06, 2012 8:44 am

Fuck sake, I knew there were scummy cunts out there but that's just plain evil. Hope you're starting to feel better Ania, take it easy for a bit!
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

fitz
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby fitz » Sun May 06, 2012 2:45 pm

That's awful, I hope you're ok!! Cardiff is pretty much like Swansea then I'd imagine, some right ******* assholes around, just got to be careful as some areas are worse than others. When walking through some rough parts of town/suburbs I just keep my head down and I'm usually ok, but there are some places I would not go, especially at night.

Oh yeah and Newport is pretty bad, been there for a few gigs, walking from the train station to a gig (through town) on your own is never pleasant. Whatever happened, try not to let it get to you! The morons who do this never amount to anything, most probably doing a couple of jail stints, life on benefits or sh*tty jobs. They do not deserve a second of your time!
They say the pen is mightier than the sword... well, I say fuck the pen! Cause you're gonna die by the sword!

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Sun May 06, 2012 6:40 pm

Christ! Just read this! Hope you're OK Ania :hug:
I agree with what a lot of others have said though, deffo report it. You might feel like it won't do a lot of good but they might be able to check CCTV cameras and at least they'll be aware that there's some complete and utter scumbag out there attacking women and will hopefully be on the lookout a bit more.

Metal_saddle
Denim Demon

Postby Metal_saddle » Sun May 06, 2012 6:48 pm

:( Really sorry to hear that Ania, scum hope you feel better :hug:
Nightmare world
Reflected as a dream
Vision blurred
This surely cannot be
Twisted now
Far from reality
Delving into depths
Mankind’s depravity

kle110
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby kle110 » Mon May 07, 2012 5:26 pm

Ahhh that's shit. Bad people everywhere, but I generally feel safe in Cardiff. I was sexually attacked a couple of months ago in Coventry, that was horrible, even worse is the fact the police caught the guy (I did really, I bumped into him again on the street, had many police vans turn up within a few minutes) he admitted it, but he has mental issues so it won't go to court. So glad I leave that place in 3 weeks never to return.

But, hope you feel better soon, and like others have said I'd def report it, cov police checked cameras with mine, it didn't go to court in the end, but he's got that on his record now. The police really were helpful and lovely about it though.

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Postby VirginInvader » Mon May 07, 2012 10:11 pm

It probably seems trivial to most of you, but having to come to terms with yet another season of non-league football is gutting. We were so close too :(
Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Tue May 08, 2012 7:20 pm

VirginInvader wrote:It probably seems trivial to most of you, but having to come to terms with yet another season of non-league football is gutting. We were so close too :(

Not trivial in the slightest for me. Rumour has it Forest Green Rovers and Mansfield are "doing a Crawley" too next season. FGR especially. They can fuck off, don't want them in the league. Pointless team from the middle of nowhere.

The conference is, IMO, the hardest league to get promoted from.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Tue May 08, 2012 8:24 pm

tranmerefan wrote:
VirginInvader wrote:It probably seems trivial to most of you, but having to come to terms with yet another season of non-league football is gutting. We were so close too :(

Not trivial in the slightest for me. Rumour has it Forest Green Rovers and Mansfield are "doing a Crawley" too next season. FGR especially. They can fuck off, don't want them in the league. Pointless team from the middle of nowhere.

I've been through Forest Green and it really is in the middle of nowhere. That's why they call them the little team on top of the hill. They may even still get some sheep to mow the pitch although that may be a dirty rumour kept alive by Cheltenham Town fans.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Postby VirginInvader » Tue May 08, 2012 9:45 pm

tranmerefan wrote:

Aye, FGR have already nabbed Vieira from Fleetwood for next season. We'd absolutely murder this league if we were on an equal financial playing field with everyone else. Unfortunately, we have fuck all money and have had to compete with Crawley and then Fleetwood in successive seasons :(
As far as middle of nowhere goes, Fleetwood weren't much better. They now have a Football League team, but no train station. You have to get the train to Blackpool, then a bus for about 40 minutes through the countryside, then walk about a mile to the ground :lol:
Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin