TV: Current and Recent

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby x-tempus » Tue May 15, 2012 10:01 am

think that was a fairly solid ending to the HowIMetYourMother series - decent last ep, not the funniest ep, but one unexpected "twist"
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue May 15, 2012 11:21 am

New HIMYMs were good enough to make me want to see what happens next. I was close to giving up tbh.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Tue May 15, 2012 11:32 am

Luke_X wrote:
Darkweasel wrote:Latest episode of Bones was complete and utter tits.

I like Bones and have stuck with it over the years, but the one thing that pissed me off was they spent years developing the will they/wont they relationship and then the writers just seemed to think it was ok to go fuck it, skip over the whole romance thing and then just make her pregnant. was just a big slap in the face.

It's got to be getting near to the end now so I'm not so bothered about the quick romance/baby thing so much.
What I don't like is Fox's treatment of the show, using it as sometimes purely as an advert for other Fox products.
Examples: The Avatar episode where characters spent the night in line to watch Fox's gloriously expensive new film (which really did reek of pre-release jitters that nobody would actually go and see it), the Finder episode where Bones was just used to crowbar in a new show to the Fox schedule (which has been cancelled after just one season anyway), and the episode which was used to show off all that wonderful 3D and get everybody racing out to buy new televisions to pay homage to the glorious Fox network.

Thankfully, the latest episode was nothing like that.
It was just shit.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Tue May 15, 2012 11:41 am

I love the story between Tywin and Arya in Game of Thrones. Also the development of Shae.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue May 15, 2012 12:49 pm

Darkweasel wrote:
Luke_X wrote:
Darkweasel wrote:Latest episode of Bones was complete and utter tits.

I like Bones and have stuck with it over the years, but the one thing that pissed me off was they spent years developing the will they/wont they relationship and then the writers just seemed to think it was ok to go fuck it, skip over the whole romance thing and then just make her pregnant. was just a big slap in the face.

It's got to be getting near to the end now so I'm not so bothered about the quick romance/baby thing so much.
What I don't like is Fox's treatment of the show, using it as sometimes purely as an advert for other Fox products.
Examples: The Avatar episode where characters spent the night in line to watch Fox's gloriously expensive new film (which really did reek of pre-release jitters that nobody would actually go and see it), the Finder episode where Bones was just used to crowbar in a new show to the Fox schedule (which has been cancelled after just one season anyway), and the episode which was used to show off all that wonderful 3D and get everybody racing out to buy new televisions to pay homage to the glorious Fox network.

Thankfully, the latest episode was nothing like that.
It was just shit.

True, I'd be happy to see it end after this season. As for plugging shows, it has got worse over the years, although I did like it when Booth was in a coma and was tormented by Stewie for a little bit. Although I think that was more a pay back type thing as he appeared in Family Guy.

x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Postby x-tempus » Tue May 15, 2012 4:23 pm

Applecore wrote:New HIMYMs were good enough to make me want to see what happens next. I was close to giving up tbh.

I think the last ep is an improvement on a number of the ones from this season - bit obvious in places - but one "twist" that suprised me, then sort've suprised me again.

worth a watch.
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Tue May 15, 2012 7:47 pm

Game of thrones made me flip my shit last night. Sosososo good.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Tue May 15, 2012 7:50 pm

HIMYM can officially go fuck itself.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue May 15, 2012 8:08 pm

Darkweasel wrote:HIMYM can officially go fuck itself.

Agreed.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed May 16, 2012 3:15 pm

Ensorcelled wrote:Game of thrones made me flip my shit last night. Sosososo good.

this. it just gets better every week :D

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed May 16, 2012 3:15 pm

Two new Cougar Towns were awesome.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Wed May 16, 2012 9:51 pm

Latest Borgias as splendid as ever.
Latest Modern Family the same.
Latest Bones a complete turnaround from last week's shitfest. One of the best episodes for years.
Stupid two parters! :x :x

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Thu May 17, 2012 7:35 am

Fringe - season 4 finale. It didn't really pull any surprise punches apart from one moment as it pretty much told you what would happen in episode 19. It pretty much turned into a Walter episode and what happened to the new Bell, and featured some of the best dialogue for Walter in a while. I'm looking forward to the final season but im curious how they will fit everything in 13 episodes without it feeling rushed.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu May 17, 2012 2:54 pm

Didn't realise Cougar Town was a double bill, downloaded episode 13 yesterday as it was at the top of the list. So got episode 12 today.
Watched them in the wrong order but hey, I got to watch a new Cougar Town before starting work at 6am :lol:
Psyched for the season finale triple bill of Community tonight :D
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Thu May 17, 2012 4:48 pm

Applecore wrote:Psyched for the season finale triple bill of Community tonight :D

Usually watch new Community episodes on Friday afternoons but I'm going up north to a fecking wedding tomorrow morning so I can't! :x :x