The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Me dating would be hilarious. Mostly because it would be like watching a train-wreck in slow-motion. I'd be so hilariously helpless because I'd have no idea how to present myself to the person I was dating.

I'm sure I'd unleash too much crazy all at once and scare them off, or underplay the thing entirely and come across as too reserved/boring. :lol:

But since alcohol is pretty much the worlds best social lubricant, I'd automatically suggest going to a pub, should the opportunity arise. :P
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Andrewhall28
Leather Rebel

Postby Andrewhall28 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:10 pm

Applecore wrote:Pub is usually a good shout for a first date. As others have said, it's easier to relax. And Andy, you know pubs serve soft drinks too, right?

Yep, but I generally don't like being around alcohol, I quit for a reason

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:12 pm

so in an update on my current situation, a couple of days ago i rambled nearly incoherently and she changed the subject which was good for me. so i just messaged her on facebook today, just apologising for the awkwardness not trying to ask her out through a fb message, and she's completely ignored me. im not gonna bother her about it but i was kinda expecting a reply. we get on pretty well and its not like i was being weird or anything :|

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:14 pm

The pub could work as a first date...but it's would depend very much on the pub. If I was going to ask someone out on a pub date, it would have to be a pub with really good food and drink and a wide range of drink varieties. A pub with a talking point (e.g. one with an unusual feature like the caves at Nottingham's Hand & Heart or the narrowboat bay in the Canalhouse) would also be good.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:27 pm

CrappyMike wrote:so in an update on my current situation, a couple of days ago i rambled nearly incoherently and she changed the subject which was good for me. so i just messaged her on facebook today, just apologising for the awkwardness not trying to ask her out through a fb message, and she's completely ignored me. im not gonna bother her about it but i was kinda expecting a reply. we get on pretty well and its not like i was being weird or anything :|

She might just not have got back to you yet, You manned up, don't let yourself slide down into the pits with the rest of us already!
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Andrewhall28 wrote:
Applecore wrote:Pub is usually a good shout for a first date. As others have said, it's easier to relax. And Andy, you know pubs serve soft drinks too, right?

Yep, but I generally don't like being around alcohol, I quit for a reason

Ah, fair enough.

CrappyMike wrote:so in an update on my current situation, a couple of days ago i rambled nearly incoherently and she changed the subject which was good for me. so i just messaged her on facebook today, just apologising for the awkwardness not trying to ask her out through a fb message, and she's completely ignored me. im not gonna bother her about it but i was kinda expecting a reply. we get on pretty well and its not like i was being weird or anything :|

That's a bit wank dude. I hate when girls ignore shit like that. Their avoiding it makes it even more awkward :(
But, as Dave just said, she might not have gotten around to reading/replying yet.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Andrewhall28
Leather Rebel

Postby Andrewhall28 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:31 pm

Yeah give it time mate, she may be trying to figure out what to write back or something :yes:

Trappy666
Leather Rebel

Postby Trappy666 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:05 pm

After being together for a couple of months, my current girlfriend went away to Japan to see her sister. then she returns and on the day of my best friends funeral, I'm told that she's decided to move over there for 3-6 months just to get away from the problems she has with her ex.

Doesn't feel like a close relationship anymore!
findmeinthemosh wrote:Trap and his dumb probably drunken abuse

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:12 pm

Shit man, that's rough. I'm really sorry :(
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:44 pm

one thousand must humbleu sollys

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:46 pm

My condolences, mate. That's a fucking shitter, for both losses :/
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Trappy666
Leather Rebel

Postby Trappy666 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:48 pm

It's abit fucked up at the moment. she's acting that it's all fine yet she knows that I find it out of order that she told me on that day of days! I accept the fact that she wants to travel but I just think that 6 months is too long and running away to the other side of the world won't solve anything?
findmeinthemosh wrote:Trap and his dumb probably drunken abuse

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:53 pm

The first date with my first gf was immense. Had a meal, went on to another bar then had a game on ten pin. Went to the cinema, went for another drink in a huge bierkeller in the xmas market that had an Oompa band playing then back to another bar before calling it a night because it was 2am and I was beginning to fall asleep.

I don't think any date could ever top that.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:19 pm

If I went on a first date to the cinema, I'd be pissed. Sitting in the dark for two hours with another 100 people while trying to get my funk on IN SILENCE is not my idea of fun. If you need to have an activity to let the conversation flow, I'd suggest there was something a bit wrong going on.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Urisk
Consort of the Beast

Postby Urisk » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:55 pm

Been kind of speaking to this lass on Ersebook that I've sort of known for a number of years. Originally from the same town as me but she moved away and we kind of kept in touch through MSN and stuff. Used to speak all the time for a spell actually but she was already in a relationship (wasnae really looking for one, really). Anyway, I noticed a wee bit back she was now single, so dropped her a wee message, asking if she wanted to come see Wodensthrone (aye, not as in a date, just since it'll be a good gig and she's a metalhead). She said she was interested in going, but I've not really had any definative answer yet. Maybe she's just being polite, I dunno. Maybe it's because her ex was a stand-in bassist for the band I'm currently playing bass in :lol:

I don't think I've acted in a creepy way, but for some reason when I talk to girls, I start getting paranoid that I am being creepy :/ It fucking pisses me off like.