What's upset you?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Re: What's upset you?

Postby tranmerefan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:05 pm

My dad's auntie had her funeral last week. I know she was 98 and that but the very small turnout has upset me slightly. There was about 6/7 people there.

My dad has 4 brothers and sisters. 3 of them couldn't be bothered. One of them didn't go because she was "doing lunch with a friend".

I met her a couple of times; she seemed a really nice person and even my mum liked her. I think it's kinda appalling that no-one could be bothered.

My dad got a letter off his cousin to say thanks this morning; in it he mentions he was worried it would just be him and his son. :(

Upset me more than it should tbh.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:Things like that definitely make my want to change the way I live my life. I focus way too much on negative things and do very little with my life as a result. I feel like there'd be very few people (aside from family) who'd actually miss me if I was just to drop dead tomorrow...

Now that's not true.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:11 pm

It's pretty trivial really, but how surprised my dad was by how much weight I've put on my stomach when I showed him my operation scar yesterday. I'm not upset at him at all, to clarify. I'm upset at myself. Still.
Going to work every day on shitty bumpy country roads is causing me pain so I can't exercise other than walking for about 20 minutes. At least it's something I guess.
If I were able to I would just cut the stupid fat off.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:08 am

Discussing withone of the pub regulars about the funeral of one of my friend's. No matter how much you try to keep a straight face, if someone means so much to you, it's hard to keep a straight face, as I'vwe found out recently. Emotion is so hard to deal with, and I hate crying in front of people, but she meant so much to me and Nicki. It's just so hard to accept. ThAt's all there is to say, really
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:56 am

Noodle wrote:Discussing withone of the pub regulars about the funeral of one of my friend's. No matter how much you try to keep a straight face, if someone means so much to you, it's hard to keep a straight face, as I'vwe found out recently. Emotion is so hard to deal with, and I hate crying in front of people, but she meant so much to me and Nicki. It's just so hard to accept. ThAt's all there is to say, really

Shit, man. If it's any help, people (strangers or otherwise) tend to cotton onto the fact that there's bad news involved and acknowledge how men feel about that sort of thing.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:20 pm

tranmerefan wrote:My dad's auntie had her funeral last week. I know she was 98 and that but the very small turnout has upset me slightly. There was about 6/7 people there.

My dad has 4 brothers and sisters. 3 of them couldn't be bothered. One of them didn't go because she was "doing lunch with a friend".

I met her a couple of times; she seemed a really nice person and even my mum liked her. I think it's kinda appalling that no-one could be bothered.

My dad got a letter off his cousin to say thanks this morning; in it he mentions he was worried it would just be him and his son. :(

Upset me more than it should tbh.

There's lots of stuff I want to say to people in this thread and lots of hugs I want to give out for varying circumstances, but I'm tired and this one struck me for some reason so I'll say a little something.

I personally believe there's no worthy excuse for not turning up to a relatives funeral. It's disgusting and selfish, even if they were a bad person, even if you didn't get on with them, even if you didn't care about them, there are other people there, your own blood and flesh, who DID care about them and who need your support.
And christ, all the years of birthday presents and christmas cards and other lovely things aunties do, the least you can do is turn up and say goodbye. :(
I'm very sorry for you and your Dad.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:39 pm

Thanks. I agree with you. Some things you need to make an effort and funerals are one of them.

I really feel for my dad's cousin; her son. Must have been awful for him.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:27 pm

Two things really, and both might seem daft.

firstly, my lack of emotion. Me and vicky came quite close to splitting up a few times in the last 48 hours, and we've argued and whatnot. But I don't feel anything. And I don't mean I don't have feelings for her. But like I feel I should feel something, but instead I feel a bit hollow, like I know there should be a feeling there, but there just isn't.

And then the whole death thing again, sounds a bit sad, but I ended up crying talking about it with Vicky. And thankfully she was good with me despite all that was going on with us.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:33 am

Noodle wrote:Discussing withone of the pub regulars about the funeral of one of my friend's. No matter how much you try to keep a straight face, if someone means so much to you, it's hard to keep a straight face, as I'vwe found out recently. Emotion is so hard to deal with, and I hate crying in front of people, but she meant so much to me and Nicki. It's just so hard to accept. ThAt's all there is to say, really

Seems I did post on the forum whilst hammered last week after all.

Well, funeral's today.
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:27 am

Best wishes to you and Nicki for today, Will. :hug:
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Purple n Batty » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:07 pm

The funeral yesterday was very hard as expected. She had only been in our lives for around a year, but she was one of those people who make such an impact on everyone they meet, such positive energy despite what she was going through and not a bad bone in her body. Her husband told us that she was dressed in her Black Pig t-shirt. It got me when he mentioned the tambourine playing as we would do silly dances together and it just won't be the same with anyone else. I'd even written a message on my old tambourine to leave with her. Gave a few hugs to her husband and felt I had to go over to her dad I'd met a few times to hug him. The day just drained us and I'm surprised Will and I didn't break each others hands we were holding onto each other so tightly. Whilst she will be greatly missed by a lot of people, she's left everyone with many happy memories.
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:18 pm

:(

Hope the pair of you are ok
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:06 pm

tranmerefan wrote::(

Hope the pair of you are ok
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:11 pm

It was indeed a difficult day. There was a church service, crematorium service and the wake. We went to all 3.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:42 pm

Something tried to dig up my cat :cry:
I went over to lay some flowers and I saw her pink blanket she was buried in sticking out of the ground. I nearly had a heart attack.
Thankfully whatever it was gave up, and my boyfriend and dad laid some big stones over the grave now so nothing can get to her.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:51 pm

Sending hugs to people above.

What's upset me? Mum's been talking to our close friend today. It's looking really bad. The cancer has spread from her lungs to her lymphatic system(?), and so surgery and radiation therapy has been ruled out. They're going to put her on chemo, but the doctors have told her that she might only have a few months left.

I'm trying to just stay numb to it, but even so I had tears streaming down my face at the dinner table and blargh.