The (Un) Official Football thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby kanet666 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:10 pm

For the first time in his tenure the local paper is running a story about Kean possibly getting sacked in the morning... please please please be true!

EDIT: Just to add on to that, Michel Salgado on twitter: "What's that about Kean getting the sack, I can't believe it! Keep me posted please, I'm in Doha with Al Jazeera tv and in shock. I thought it couldn't be possible. Come on Blues! It amazes me how Rovers fans love their club!"

I love that man :lol:
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:42 am

So, Kean has got Blackburn into a very nice 2nd position, just two points behind the leaders, and has only lost one game but the fans still want him out?
If I were him, I'd stick two fingers up to the club and walk.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:04 am

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:55 am

Darkweasel wrote:So, Kean has got Blackburn into a very nice 2nd position, just two points behind the leaders, and has only lost one game but the fans still want him out?
If I were him, I'd stick two fingers up to the club and walk.

Our position is very false, believe me. Our games so far this season:

Ipswich(A): Outplayed, managed to grab a goal on the counter. Draw.
Hull(H): Completely dominated at home, one chance, one goal.
Leicester(H): Again completely outplayed, Leicester on the wrong side of multiple decisions including a goal ruled out when it shouldn't have been, and we got a goal that was arguably offside.
MK Dons [Cup](A): Overrun by the opposition, lost.
Leeds(A): The one game we played well in, came back from 1-0 down to lead 3-1, then threw it away.
Bristol City(A): Threw away the lead 3 different times, an £8 million striker saves us.
Barnsley(H): Outclassed, 39% possession at home to Barnsley, had they had the shooting boots they'd had against Birmingham they'd have easily won with the amount of one-on-ones they missed. Expensive strikers bail us out again.
Middlesborough(H): Dominated for all but the last ten minutes, not enough time to save the result.

Our defence is the worst out of the current top six, and the only reason we've scraped through is due to our Global Advisor's willingness to outspened everyone in the Championship and half of the Premier League. I still don't understand why everyone is saying he deserves to stay! He took a comfortably mid tabled team, fell out with half of the players, dismantled it and got us relegated.

And that's just on the pitch! He's a convicted drink driver who has also managed to get himself and the club a lawsuit against them because he can't keep his trap shut.

Any other person would've been fired a long, long time ago.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

MotherLicker
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby MotherLicker » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:04 pm

Darkweasel wrote:Today we were robbed by an incompetent ref. Nothing more, nothing less.

Really? Mark Lawrenson doesn't think so. On motd2 last night I heard him say that he thinks Halsey got all the big calls right. I was surprised Lawrenson was being so honest, he is normally, like Alan Hansen and Alan Green SO biased towards Liverpool. Freddie Ljungberg thought Halsey got them all correct too.

Classy Liverpool fans.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2207604/Mark-Halsey-suffers-sick-abuse-Twitter.html
Feel free to add me on Xbox Live - SnakeBiteKiss
My Last FM

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:01 pm

Listening to Mark Lawrenson. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The two fans who ran on the pitch at the end pretending to be aeroplanes, and the utter arseheads on Twitter deserve to have the fucking book thrown at them. Hideous twats, the lot of them.

Twitter is without doubt the worst, nost despicable form of social media. I'm not for one second trying to detract from those cretins on there purporting to be Liverpool fans, but you'll find fans of every club there. The bile and vitriol spewed on there is nothing short of disgusting. I'll never have a Twitter account. The place is just full of mindless pricks.

Cthulhu
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Cthulhu » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:21 pm

MotherLicker wrote:
Darkweasel wrote:Today we were robbed by an incompetent ref. Nothing more, nothing less.

Really? Mark Lawrenson doesn't think so. On motd2 last night I heard him say that he thinks Halsey got all the big calls right. I was surprised Lawrenson was being so honest, he is normally, like Alan Hansen and Alan Green SO biased towards Liverpool. Freddie Ljungberg thought Halsey got them all correct too.

Classy Liverpool fans.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2207604/Mark-Halsey-suffers-sick-abuse-Twitter.html

Lawrenson is your supporting argument? I can't fucking stand Mark Lawrenson. If I want someone to constantly interrupt my enjoyment of the football with pointless, witless, ill-informed shite then I'll get a girlfriend.

I'm not sure if he's half blind or wholly retarded but could you at least find someone who doesn't have a reputation for being about as useless as a used condom?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Delightful-Jim wrote:Rule #1 of the bloodstock forums : If it exists, someone here will despise it.

MotherLicker
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby MotherLicker » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:03 am

The two fans who ran on the pitch at the end pretending to be aeroplanes, and the utter arseheads on Twitter deserve to have the fucking book thrown at them. Hideous twats, the lot of them.

Twitter is without doubt the worst, nost despicable form of social media. I'm not for one second trying to detract from those cretins on there purporting to be Liverpool fans, but you'll find fans of every club there. The bile and vitriol spewed on there is nothing short of disgusting. I'll never have a Twitter account. The place is just full of mindless pricks.

If I want someone to constantly interrupt my enjoyment of the football with pointless, witless, ill-informed shite then I'll get a girlfriend.

:lol: :lol:
Feel free to add me on Xbox Live - SnakeBiteKiss
My Last FM

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:00 pm

The Kean situation is bizarre. No one seems to know what is going on a the club (yet again) and our global advisor has done two interviews today, one saying for now Kean was staying but if the fans carry on voting with their feet he'll be gone, and a later one where he wouldn't comment when asked if Kean was staying.

Both national and local journo's saying Tim Sherwood may be in talks with the club as we speak.

As much as I dislike Kean, just say whether you're sacking or backing. The rumour mill does more and more damage to the club and the more the tiptoe around the subject, the more alienated fans will become. Attendances down to the levels of over 20 years ago and will continue to drop until some sort of communication is opened up between the club and fans.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:02 pm

Turbo wrote:

I bloody hate Manchester teams. I will actually support Villa when either face them.

Fair fucking play to Villa. Great result, shame its not the league.

Wolves got fucking raped hahaha.

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Postby VirginInvader » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:18 am

Jay Harris scored a fucking screamer last night :D
Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:01 pm

So, John Terry gets found guilty of racism but receives a ban of just one more match than Shelvey got at the weekend for a dodgy tackle. Got to love the FA's punishment scale.
I'm sure that a months wages fine will really teach him a lesson aswell.

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:46 pm

Darkweasel wrote:So, John Terry gets found guilty of racism but receives a ban of just one more match than Shelvey got at the weekend for a dodgy tackle. Got to love the FA's punishment scale.
I'm sure that a weeks wages fine will really teach him a lesson aswell.

I know the ban was being decreased because of the longevity of the whole saga, but four matches after being found guilty? Suarez had double that and with less evidence? I think Terry knew he was going to get charged and leaving the England squad probably had an impact on the decision.
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

lordcatfish
Consort of the Beast

Postby lordcatfish » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:01 pm

Terry got a four match ban for one alleged use of racist language. Suarez got eight matches for multiple alleged uses of racist language (four matches for the first use and an additional one match ban for each subsequent use iirc). Suarez's punishment was clearly outlined in the FA's report. With all the people asking why Suarez got a longer ban (including members of the media), it makes me wonder how many people actually read it.

lordcatfish
Consort of the Beast

Postby lordcatfish » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:19 pm

gandalf the red wrote:
lordcatfish wrote:Terry got a four match ban for one alleged use of racist language. Suarez got eight matches for multiple alleged uses of racist language (four matches for the first use and an additional one match ban for each subsequent use iirc). Suarez's punishment was clearly outlined in the FA's report. With all the people asking why Suarez got a longer ban (including members of the media), it makes me wonder how many people actually read it.

With only one witness which was Evra who has used the race card on previous occasions, most notably at Chelsea groundsmen, and has caused numerous problems in the French team. I wouldn't believe him if he said the sky was blue.

Terry should not even have been charged by the FA as he had already been cleared by a court. You should either have a legal case or a football case depending on the severity, not both.

Why anyone would want to read FA reports baffles me. Bitter Blue I take it. :rolleyes:

I'm a red actually. Just explaining the FA's logic with regards to the length of the bans.

And Evra didn't play the race card in the Chelsea case, someone else (Mike Phelan I think) claimed they heard someone say something racist towards Evra.

People might want to read the FA reports to get a better idea of what was alleged to have happened. Most people I talk to about it have no idea about anything to do with the case and just regurgitate misinformation given out by the media.