What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Noodle
I am the Law!

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Noodle » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:24 pm

Had to stop watching the NRA press conference because the speech was winding me up far too much.

To paraphrase: "How do we protect ourselves from people with guns and make our country a safer place? Make sure people have guns! Why do shootings keep happening? Video games and lack of a mentally ill register and these people have rights and access to guns. Guns are good, people."
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:53 pm

That is ridiculous, I think guns should be banned apart from the military and law enforcement.
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:57 pm

My favourite thing is that people can get assault rifles and shit.

If you're in a situation where an assault rifle is the only viable means of defence, you've got bigger problems than what guns you have.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:58 pm

xBERSERKERx wrote:That is ridiculous, I think guns should be banned apart from the military and law enforcement.

I was told by an American that they need to protect themselves from the police and the military if the Government decide to take complete control, the people need to be able to overthrow the government :|
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Andy Hall wrote:
xBERSERKERx wrote:That is ridiculous, I think guns should be banned apart from the military and law enforcement.

I was told by an American that they need to protect themselves from the police and the military if the Government decide to take complete control, the people need to be able to overthrow the government :|

This is correct. And it's totally invalid and outdated. Even if there was another American civil war tomorrow, a few million people with shotguns arn't gonna scratch a military force as huge and advanced as America's.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:15 pm

Andy Hall wrote:I was told by an American that they need to protect themselves from the police and the military if the Government decide to take complete control, the people need to be able to overthrow the government :|

Your typical rustic Americans, particularly in places like the deep South, are traditionally obstinately small government sort of people and I think it's rooted in the romanticised notion that the original settlers were escaping tyrannical governments in Europe at the time. To this day many of them are so headstrong about it that they won't honestly weigh up the pros and cons of big(ger) governmental systems, economic redistribution and so on.

Kami
Leather Rebel

Postby Kami » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:43 pm

So it's the 21st December and I'm still without use of my bank card.

It was cancelled on the 4th after suspected fraudulent activity, when I spoke to them on the phone it turned out that it was all me, but the card had already been cancelled. A new one was ordered on the 6th, but I didn't receive it until the 19th. I am now still waiting for my new PIN which was apparently sent out at the same time as my card.

I've given up hope of it arriving this year, so it is likely that I'll have gone a month without use of my bank card by the time it arrives, for absolutely no reason.

-_-
I'm running 1000km (6 Marathons, 26 Half Marathons & 20 10ks) this year so sponsor me ya bastards!

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:03 pm

I feel fucking broken. Can't see me getting out any time short of another 12 hour shift (my third this week/in the last three). Sunday and Monday is shaping out to be similar, but then I guess, three days off for Christmas, got to work payday Friday, and I am finished for 2012! Back in NYD.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:04 pm

Moonburp wrote:Going out and meeting people tonight making me anxious. Since when was I this introverted?

Turned out to be fine. Feeling pretty fucking proud.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Feeling angry tonight. I came home to a messy house even though my siblings are on holiday and could've gotten things done while I was at work. I spent hours out food shopping with mum. Got back home and started working on a project which is going to hell, and I'm tired but not sleepy.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:15 pm

I have hardly got the chance to get my shoes off this evening from work, did a 7am-7pm drove the old man up to the Forge Tavern in Birmingham as soon as I got back, got home, ate my dinner, picked up the missus from the station, get home and got moaned at for standing in front of the telly. My mum hasn't turned a wheel in 8 years (retired at 49 - alright for some) and my sister has had more sick from school this year than I have had in my entire life. Told the pair of them to fuck themselves. Sorry if you missed 5 seconds of a rerun of the Professionals in your lives of riley.

Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Purple n Batty » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:26 pm

Cough coming back and annoying me. Kitten has bitten the end of my phone charger.
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:09 am

Nevermind
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:35 am

Kami wrote:So it's the 21st December and I'm still without use of my bank card.

It was cancelled on the 4th after suspected fraudulent activity, when I spoke to them on the phone it turned out that it was all me, but the card had already been cancelled. A new one was ordered on the 6th, but I didn't receive it until the 19th. I am now still waiting for my new PIN which was apparently sent out at the same time as my card.

I've given up hope of it arriving this year, so it is likely that I'll have gone a month without use of my bank card by the time it arrives, for absolutely no reason.

-_-

I'd be full-on kicking off at my bank if this happened to me. Once Christmas is over (let's face it, you won't get to speak to anyone until then), you should definitely file a massive complaint - say it affected you getting your friends/family presents and made you look a twat or something. Milk the shit out of it.

Interestingly, I'm in Australia and haven't told my bank I'd be travelling. Used my card with no problems in Dubai airport and have spent £125 online without any issues whatsoever.
Worried about the security of my account :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:21 pm

Do not like wrapping presents.