What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Nantha
Denim Demon

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Nantha » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:56 am

Had a lovely julafton and got a Bloodstock ticket from my mum, i just hope the dodgy lineup doesnt mean i end up going on my own!

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:34 am

You always have the IRC camp if that's the case!

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:33 am

My dad has recently got into trying to cook and be nice to the family and shit, which is confusing btu I'm okay with.

Mainly because I got woken up with sausage, bacno and egg in a cob the size of my hand.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:55 am

Jobdone wrote:My dad has recently got into trying to cook and be nice to the family and shit, which is confusing btu I'm okay with.

Mainly because I got woken up with sausage, bacno and egg in a cob the size of my hand.

Don't mean to sound too much like a stalker or anything, but your Dad looks like a badass scientist from an apocalypse film. Or something.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:12 am

:lol: I've never thought about it, but he does have the beard and glasses and wiry body for it.

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:14 am

Jobdone wrote:My dad has recently got into trying to cook and be nice to the family and shit, which is confusing btu I'm okay with.

I don't know why but your typo on bacon made me laugh loads. I'm not even drunk yet!

EDIT: WMMHT: A certain forumer being very thoughtful and messaging me since he knows full well that EDs can be extra stressful on christmas day. Small gestures like that always make me smile.
Last edited by TheLotusEater193 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:29 am

Went out with James's old friends for Christmas Eve, decided to have some drinks since it's Christmas.

Two glasses of wine and three vodka cokes - hardly felt it and no hangover at all. :D I thought alcohol tolerance was supposed to get worse as you get older. :lol:

Also nice pressies from the in-laws, and they seem pleased with theirs from us. :D
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:56 am

My 85 year old mothers ime able taste in black metal!....or maybe her ability to look at Amazon wish lists :lol:
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:20 pm

My parents house has a sound system that runs through the living room, dining room and kitchen. They're currently playing 1950s/60s jazz. 8)

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:03 pm

My relatives, friends, and family gave me some epic presents yesterday - they were all things I needed but that I won't buy for myself because I can't justify spending money on it. Like hair oil, new paint brushes, make up, and a hair brush amongst other things :D Also, I can smell pork roast.

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:58 pm

My dad got me an obscure Japanese Game Gear game as a Christmas pressie. He saw I was watching it on eBay and took the intiative to snap it up.

There's a slight fail in that I had actually already bought said game months ago, but I'm not going to tell him that - thought that counts. Really appreciate him thinking a little outside of the box.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:16 pm

Relatives gave me the normal kinda smelly stuff you get for christmas, deodrant + body wash shit.

However, they actually went specific with me instead of like nike or some shit, and got me a Marvel comics one <3

I don't even want to use it, the packaging is too cool to open.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:28 pm

I got a coffee maker, barbers razor, clothes, a shittone of chocolate and Halo 4. Not a bad haul at all. Plus we had an excellent dinner early enough in the day (we usually have it mad late, like 7pm or something horrid). It was a nice day. :)
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:42 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:I got a coffee maker, barbers razor, clothes, a shittone of chocolate and Halo 4. Not a bad haul at all. Plus we had an excellent dinner early enough in the day (we usually have it mad late, like 7pm or something horrid). It was a nice day. :)

Share, ya spuddy cunt!

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:30 pm

Share what? :lol:
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!