What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Freyja
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Freyja » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:13 am

My phone contract with three ends next week... have they phoned me even once to talk to me about what to do next? NO. So I'm having to phone them, and they've kept me on hold for 20 minutes so far, playing the most hideous hold music. I want to get on with my day, not to have to faff about trying to sort out very tedious things.
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:

http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:19 am

Freyja wrote:My phone contract with three ends next week... have they phoned me even once to talk to me about what to do next? NO. So I'm having to phone them, and they've kept me on hold for 20 minutes so far, playing the most hideous hold music. I want to get on with my day, not to have to faff about trying to sort out very tedious things.

Send their customer services dept a snotty e-mail saying that their treatment/lack of interest in dealing with your query has made you look elsewhere for a better offer. If you mention specific ones they'll jump through hoops to keep you on (if they're any good, that is. If they don't, well you've looked elsewhere anyway!).
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Freyja
Denim Demon

Postby Freyja » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:29 am

Applecore wrote:
Freyja wrote:My phone contract with three ends next week... have they phoned me even once to talk to me about what to do next? NO. So I'm having to phone them, and they've kept me on hold for 20 minutes so far, playing the most hideous hold music. I want to get on with my day, not to have to faff about trying to sort out very tedious things.

Send their customer services dept a snotty e-mail saying that their treatment/lack of interest in dealing with your query has made you look elsewhere for a better offer. If you mention specific ones they'll jump through hoops to keep you on (if they're any good, that is. If they don't, well you've looked elsewhere anyway!).

Ah it's OK, a person answered basically as soon as I posted this :lol: that is a pretty good idea though, but to be honest I'm not fussed about upgrading phone or getting a better deal; I don't need as many minutes as I did when I was at uni, and I don't want a fancy phone, so I've just switched to the cheapest SIM only plan. Glad that's sorted now!
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:

http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

Slev
Paster of Muppets

Postby Slev » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:38 pm

1.5 days in work and three major incidents on the servers...

:?

Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Purple n Batty » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:02 pm

My bloody cough. 4 1/2 weeks now. Just as it begins to ease to comes back with a vengeance and is playing up my thoracic outlet syndrome now so I can't fully open my left hand, it's making my head and back hurt and I feel absolutely drained.
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:27 pm

Somewhat warmer out then I expected. I only went to the post office, and now I need a shower ¬_¬

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:30 pm

Freyja wrote:
Applecore wrote:

Ah it's OK, a person answered basically as soon as I posted this :lol: that is a pretty good idea though, but to be honest I'm not fussed about upgrading phone or getting a better deal; I don't need as many minutes as I did when I was at uni, and I don't want a fancy phone, so I've just switched to the cheapest SIM only plan. Glad that's sorted now!

I've just gone over to 3 from O2 and EE as they do an absolutely cracking monthly basis sim package of £12.50. That suits me more than fine as its a load cheaper and a lot more shit bundled compared to the other two. I'm still keeping my EE one though for orange Wednesdays and it seems to have full bar 3G pretty much everywhere that O2 has no signal.
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:49 pm

Fucking cock of a lorry driver wouldn't let me onto the motorway when I was coming down the slip road. It was only after I slowed to an almighty crawl, and used the hard shoulder for a few moments before pulling in behind did the gobshite then pull into the empty middle lane.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:11 pm

The North Lancaster junction on the M6 Northbound is a fucking nightmare for that, it's uphill and the slip road is about 10 metres long for some fucking stupid reason. Dangerous.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:08 pm

Azubi wrote:The North Lancaster junction on the M6 Northbound is a fucking nightmare for that, it's uphill and the slip road is about 10 metres long for some fucking stupid reason. Dangerous.

And that's exactly what I had to negotiate the first time I ever went motorway driving. I near shat myself.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:10 pm

Annoying when that happens but you must absolutely never, EVER stop. Just keep going, even if you have to use the hard shoulder for a couple hundred meters until someone lets you in.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:27 pm

There's a couple of junctions on the A52 between Ilkeston and Derby that are laughably dangerous. One probably does give about 10 metres, and the other is probably just a bit longer, but that's about the distance between the sliproad onto the A52, and the sliproad OFF the A52. Yes, the sliproad ON comes BEFORE the sliproad off, and it's all one single stretch of road. At a stretch of dual carriageway at national speed limit. I'm genuinely amazed I don't hear of more accidents there, as I'm hard pushed to think of a stretch of road I've driven on with a worse design.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:30 pm

Noodle wrote:I'm hard pushed to think of a stretch of road I've driven on with a worse design.

M5 J15. The M5/M4 interchange. Fucking nightmare switching m/ways at that junction, especially from M5 northbound to M4 eastbound.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:40 pm

Noodle wrote:Yes, the sliproad ON comes BEFORE the sliproad off, and it's all one single stretch of road. At a stretch of dual carriageway at national speed limit. I'm genuinely amazed I don't hear of more accidents there, as I'm hard pushed to think of a stretch of road I've driven on with a worse design.

The slip roads are like that in Saudi, you have the traffic coming on trying to cross with the traffic getting off and it's a fucking nightmare to the point where they have coppers sat on some junctions at busy times to shout at people. I had a yank try to tell me that was the sensible, most efficient way to play a highway.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:43 pm

siliconfury wrote:Annoying when that happens but you must absolutely never, EVER stop. Just keep going, even if you have to use the hard shoulder for a couple hundred meters until someone lets you in.

:yes:

Would never dream of getting onto a motorway from a standstill, in normal conditions like tonight.

Fortunately the guy behind the lorry had slowed down to create a gap for me.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014