What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby keera_envenomed » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:14 pm

Took an hour for lunch and went for a walk in the snow and then McDonalds with the girlies. So nice to get a break from our crappy windowless office and weird smelling temps.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

fluffkitten
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby fluffkitten » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:02 pm

The Sainsburys driver managed to get up our rather slippery road and delivered the weekend's chocolate supply. Can cope with the weather now. :D
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:12 pm

My brother decided what we had for supper today, so we had pizza, coke and krispie kremes :D haha I feel so ashamed, I haven't done much movement today

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:22 pm

Hearing Bellowhead on mainstream, prime time Radio 2. The folk revival part II is finally underway.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:31 pm

Noodle wrote:Hearing Bellowhead on mainstream, prime time Radio 2. The folk revival part II is finally underway.

They've been playing them for a bit - they do have a 'token' feel to their inclusion, maybe they'll drop them like a stone like Seth Lakeman, or it'll be a bit like selling Seasick Steve to people who would never go near another blues gig.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:44 pm

Just realised I fly home in a week :D
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:37 am

Finally met a girl tonight that I've known online for 10 years or so. It was fucking awesome. :D

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:46 am

I knew waking up in the early morning was a good idea, walking downstairs to a shiny Macbook Pro! Love it.
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:45 am

Remembering the Wip3out soundtrack exists reminded me of the Sub Terrania soundtrack. I'm now listening to a playlist of it on youtube in reverse, because whilst youtube feel random and autoplay features are helpful, an option to play the playlist in reverse will do nothing for user experience.
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:43 am

Noodle wrote:Remembering the Wip3out soundtrack exists reminded me of the Sub Terrania soundtrack. I'm now listening to a playlist of it on youtube in reverse, because whilst youtube feel random and autoplay features are helpful, an option to play the playlist in reverse will do nothing for user experience.

Quality game and soundtrack!
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:23 pm

peypea wrote:Finally met a girl tonight that I've known online for 10 years or so. It was fucking awesome. :D

POOPER.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:27 pm

Done the introduction for my dissertation :D

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:54 pm

peypea wrote:Finally met a girl tonight that I've known online for 10 years or so. It was fucking awesome. :D

There's a girl I've known for years in Mexico that I've never got the chance to meet (unsurprisingly) so knowing how awesome it would be if I got to met up with the girl I know, glad to hear you finally got a chance to meet up with them! :yes:

Was it awkward at all being so used to talking online or did conversation flow as naturally as always?
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:02 pm

Danroush wrote:

There's a girl I've known for years in Mexico that I've never got the chance to meet (unsurprisingly) so knowing how awesome it would be if I got to met up with the girl I know, glad to hear you finally got a chance to meet up with them! :yes:

Was it awkward at all being so used to talking online or did conversation flow as naturally as always?

It wasn't awkward at all, which was really awesome considering how much more socially awkward I've become recently!
Thanks man :)

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Tuning my gurdy down from D to C has managed to eradicate the shrillness, so the sound is less likely to carry through the house and I might not lose incentive to try to get to grips with learning the thing.