A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
bungle
Denim Demon

Postby bungle » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:14 pm

Dwarf Dilemma

Six of the seven dwarfs are sitting around the house one day when Sleepy rushes in and says, "Guess what guys, I've won a trip to see the Pope!"

Everyone gets all excited and chants, "We finally get to ask him,
we finally get to ask him."

The next day, they are standing in front of the Pope, Dopey out in front of the other six. All the other six start pushing Dopey and saying, "Go ahead, Dopey, ask him, ask him!"

The Pope looks at Dopey and asks, "Do you have a question to ask me, young man?"

Dopey looks up shyly and says, "Well, yes."

The Pope tells him to go ahead and ask. Dopey asks, "Well, do...do they have nuns in Alaska?"

The Pope replies, "Well, yes, I'm sure we have nuns in Alaska."

The others all keep nudging Dopey and chanting, "Ask him the rest, Dopey, ask him the rest!"

The Pope asks Dopey if there's more to his question, and Dopey continues, "Well, uh, do they have, uh, black nuns in Alaska?"

To which the Pope replies, "Well, my son, I think there must be a few black nuns in Alaska, yes."

Still not satisfied, the others keep saying, "Ask him the last part, Dopey, ask him the last part!"

The Pope asks Dopey, "Is there still more to your question?"

To which Dopey replies, "Well, uh, yeah.....are there, uh, are there any midget black nuns in Alaska?"

The startled Pope replies, "Well, no, my son, I really don't think there are any midget black nuns in Alaska."

At this, Dopey turns all kinds of colors, and the others start laughing, and yelling, "Dopey screwed a penguin, Dopey screwed
a penguin!"

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:17 pm

WHY do I always end up having to chase up every employer I have to pay me? and then only get anywhere after I've threatened them with legal action? do they think I'm fucking thick?? yes I'm a student, does that mean they can rip me off? NO. I'm having a bad day..

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:01 am

Lick Mars wrote:WHY do I always end up having to chase up every employer I have to pay me? and then only get anywhere after I've threatened them with legal action? do they think I'm fucking thick?? yes I'm a student, does that mean they can rip me off? NO. I'm having a bad day..

When my last employer sold the business to a company in Sheffield I was offered redundancy or relocation.I'd been there nearly 18 years so I took redundancy,luckily I got another job straight away as it took almost 4 months to get my cheque,and only after I threatened the company with court action.
Sadly as a general rule,employers pay for absolutely nothing until they have to.The bastards.
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:26 pm

ribbons69 wrote:
Lick Mars wrote:WHY do I always end up having to chase up every employer I have to pay me? and then only get anywhere after I've threatened them with legal action? do they think I'm fucking thick?? yes I'm a student, does that mean they can rip me off? NO. I'm having a bad day..

When my last employer sold the business to a company in Sheffield I was offered redundancy or relocation.I'd been there nearly 18 years so I took redundancy,luckily I got another job straight away as it took almost 4 months to get my cheque,and only after I threatened the company with court action.
Sadly as a general rule,employers pay for absolutely nothing until they have to.The bastards.

yeah its true, annoyingly enough.
I sent an email to the student union (where I was working) last night and I got a reply from someone(not my employer) explaining the whole 'mess up'. something to do with a bank error and staff had been told to pick up their wages somewhere else.. everyone except me since the bitch had already 'sacked' me (or rather kept me on the books for when shes desparate). WHY she couldnt explain this after Id rang her repeatidly nagging, and why she had to be all arsey about it blaming me I don't know.. and oh yes, I threatened legal action in that email too, no wonder they actually bothered to reply :rolleyes: or they thought I'd forwarded it to a lawyer or smth since i also sent it my mums work email which is a courts email address :lol:
either wayI can pick my money up later and I hope I got that bitch into bother with her bosses :twisted:

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:06 pm

Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:19 pm

jackcake wrote:Image

I want to own one of those.
Not sure if I'd appear in public with it, mind you.
Still ...want.

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:13 pm

check it out, not as good as firebox but some cool stuff on it, im looking to get the graphic equalizer t-shirt and the craptrumps...

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:15 pm

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1475276153
my mate doesnt half make some stupid crap :lol: (most photos quite old now)

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:44 pm

If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

Lydian Lady
Consort of the Beast

Postby Lydian Lady » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:18 pm

Re Dwarf Dilemma...

The first genuinely funny thiing I read in ages! My two teenagers plus one loved it too!

Thanks Bungle!

More please! :lol:
Stand straight, look me in the eye and say goodbye!

Lydian Lady
Consort of the Beast

Postby Lydian Lady » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:20 pm

lars_ulrichs_blister wrote:Leicster D.J gets Pwned!! :lol:

http://www.jinglemad.com/audio/users/15 ... istake.mp3

:lol: UNbelievable!!
Stand straight, look me in the eye and say goodbye!

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:04 pm

:lol: pwnd!

ken2blitzkrieg
Consort of the Beast

Postby ken2blitzkrieg » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

a pengiun

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:09 pm

http://www.studentrecipes.com/ - check out todays top recipe :lol: I could actually just eat that

Harry
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Harry » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:20 pm

Lick Mars wrote:http://www.studentrecipes.com/ - check out todays top recipe :lol: I could actually just eat that

Jesus wept!

Cheers for the link tho, will have a gander around that :)