The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby x-tempus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:18 pm

No, it was live yesterday, Hogan was in the studio promoting the maximum impact tour and he said "our champ Bobby Roode" - I know Hardy isn't going because of he isn't allowed out the states because of his drugs problems (apparantly) but seems strange to say they have a different champ?
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:55 pm

Shows you how much attention Hogan pays to the product then I suppose! The Dublin date of the tour was great, though the cage match was a bit weak. If Hardy had've been there he'd have just been getting beaten up in the cage for 10 minutes instead Sting.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:12 pm

Jake The Snake looking like his old self again thanks to DDP!

He desperately wants to do the same for Scott Hall but Hall is resisting apparently despite X-Pac, Nash, HHH and all pushing for him to do it.
Upcoming Gigs

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:19 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Image

Jake The Snake looking like his old self again thanks to DDP!

He desperately wants to do the same for Scott Hall but Hall is resisting apparently despite X-Pac, Nash, HHH and all pushing for him to do it.

Wonder who the random fist on the left belongs to.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:49 pm

Could be Page?
Upcoming Gigs

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:57 pm

How great is that to see though, good for Jake

Is it just me or have they turned Del Rio in to Tito Santana ?
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Kami
Leather Rebel

Postby Kami » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:19 pm

That first photo of Jake is terrifying.

Anyone got any picks for the Rumble on Sunday?
I'm running 1000km (6 Marathons, 26 Half Marathons & 20 10ks) this year so sponsor me ya bastards!

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:47 pm

Bloody Cena to set up the Mania rematch
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Postby x-tempus » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:08 pm

I've heard Sheamus is the planned winner for the Rumble - dunno if any truth to it, hope not, pretty pathetic if true
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:51 am

Well I called it, absolute bollocks

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:42 am

In the words of Jim Cornette, fuck this company.
Upcoming Gigs

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:58 pm

people will always bitch but cena is the face of the company and he had a shit year last year so what else do you expect? if you dont like it dont watch it :rolleyes:
can you honestly say there was anyone else that made sense as a winner? sheamus winning again would be boring, ziggler winning would be pointless, orton has one strike left on the wellness policy and a very high risk of dislocating his shoulder again, and people would bitch even more if ryback won. so who does that leave?

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:20 pm

CrappyMike wrote:people will always bitch but cena is the face of the company and he had a shit year last year so what else do you expect? if you dont like it dont watch it :rolleyes:
can you honestly say there was anyone else that made sense as a winner? sheamus winning again would be boring, ziggler winning would be pointless, orton has one strike left on the wellness policy and a very high risk of dislocating his shoulder again, and people would bitch even more if ryback won. so who does that leave?

If WWE are serious about eventually replacing Cena with Sheamus as the superface then they need to make him look even more legit, and him becoming only the 4th ever person to win consecutive Royal Rumbles would do that.

The longer they hold back Ziggler the bigger his eventual push would need to be. Going coast to coast in The Rumble and winning both titles at 'Mania would mean matching the accomplishments of Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho in the space of 3 months after a couple of years of not getting his just due. It won't make them as much money in April, but both are much better for the company in the long term.

Cena vs Rock II could have happened anyway, they didn't need to cheapen the WWE Title after it's the most credible it's been in years by putting it on a part-time schedule, transitory paper champion like The Rock. I know why they did it, it's because their shareholders are so concerned about making money and breaking all their Wrestlemania records again. Fine, they're a multi-billion dollar corporation, that's only to expected. But while it's good money business it's terrible wrestling business sense. I'm a wrestling fan, they can't expect me not to be pissed off about lazy and shitty booking. Don't watch it? I intend not to. At this stage with Undertaker still up in the air the only potential match for Wrestlemania i'm looking forward to is Cody Rhodes vs Goldust if it happens
Upcoming Gigs

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:33 pm

Punk was awesome again on RAW, I loved his nods to Rock's schedule Abe you could feel the hate coming through the screen, as for Cena having a shit year, er how many headline matches did he have over the WWE title match, if anyone had a shit year it was Punk, his ideas fir just telling the truth were quashed, he was made to turn heel, and still won't get to introduce the new belt, he carried the company last year, and still got shit on

On a better note, welcome back Lesnar, still another part time guy who will get pushed over the harder working guys in the company

Also what's the point of having Rock on if you're going to censor him all night ?

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:15 pm

If you think punk had a shit year then you really dont know anything. It doesnt matter who goes on last, to me, to punk himself and to a lot of other fans, the WWE title is always the main event, whether it opens the show or closes it is irrelevant. He became the longest reigning champion in the last 25 years, so how did he get shit on? Cena lost a good amount of matches, and became the first person to cash in mitb and lose. He lost cleanly to the rock at WM, he was pinned in the triple threat with ryback and punk, cleanly in my eyes, ryback hit his finisher, shield never touched him and he was pinned a few minutes later.