movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Delightful-Jim » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:41 pm

Because Megan Fox is not that attractive.
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:46 pm

She's attractive but not as attractive as the lass in number 3
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:59 am

Luke_X wrote:Super 8, Lost and Fringe beg to differ with your comment.

Tbf he was only involved in the first few eps of Lost as a writer if im recalling correctly

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:48 am

I thought the whole show was his idea :?

I never saw Lost anyway, i'm only going on his films and I have liked them, so for me this is a no brainer
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:55 am

The Fringe pilot was diabolical. Put me right off the show :lol:

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:25 am

Andy Hall wrote:I don't know anyone who could do scenes like the falling tower in Dark Of The Moon better

That building collapse was the most unbelievable part of the film. And that includes the whole robots from another planet thing.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:01 pm

mikeftw wrote:
Luke_X wrote:Super 8, Lost and Fringe beg to differ with your comment.

Tbf he was only involved in the first few eps of Lost as a writer if im recalling correctly

He came up with the idea of Lost and wrote/directed some of the initial episodes and then helped the shows direction while working on films. Fringe was also one of his ideas. His production company was used more for the special effects in Fringe.

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:32 pm

I love how the initial premise of Lost (survivors of a plane crash on a remote island) is uncannily similar to the initial premise of Troma's War. :lol:
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:12 pm

Darkweasel wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:I don't know anyone who could do scenes like the falling tower in Dark Of The Moon better

That building collapse was the most unbelievable part of the film. And that includes the whole robots from another planet thing.

what part of these films is supposed to be believable, do you not know what the word escapism means :rolleyes:

The more far fetched the better when it comes to these movies as far as i'm concerned, I want spectacular and ridiculous

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:58 pm

Andy Hall wrote:
Darkweasel wrote:

what part of these films is supposed to be believable, do you not know what the word escapism means :rolleyes:

The more far fetched the better when it comes to these movies as far as i'm concerned, I want spectacular and ridiculous

There's a fine line between escapism and taking your audience for fools.
Bay doesn't treat his audience like fools.
He doesn't rate them that highly.

He never used to this bad. The Rock was unbelievable but still utterly brilliant. Armageddon was beyond ridiculous but still fantastic.
But something went wrong around the time of Pearl Harbor, when he just seemed to stop giving a shit and started churning out conveyor belt movies with different actors and special effects.

And sometimes he can't even be bothered to do that. In Transformers 3 he goes as far as lifting a chase sequence directly from The Island, but just adds in a Transformer.

And now I'm hearing Bad Boys 3 is on the cards.
Well, whoopie shit.

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:11 pm

Darkweasel wrote:There's a fine line between escapism and taking your audience for fools.

He never used to this bad. The Rock was unbelievable but still utterly brilliant. Armageddon was beyond ridiculous but still fantastic.
But something went wrong around the time of Pearl Harbor, when he just seemed to stop giving a shit and started churning out conveyor belt movies with different actors and special effects.

And sometimes he can't even be bothered to do that. In Transformers 3 he goes as far as lifting a chase sequence directly from The Island, but just adds in a Transformer.

Well, whoopie shit.

That wasn't the first time he'd re-used footage from previous films, there's a short sequence in the first Transformers film that he lifted from Pearl Harbor. Wouldn't be surprised if he's done the same thing more times too. No wonder he's popular with major studios, it must save them a fortune by using what may as well be stock footage - he's basically doing a big-budget Airwolf :lol:

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:53 am

I finally got around to watching the new Dredd last which was sweet and then afterwards I watched Drive Angry which was also amazing, although I had drank half a bottle of rum by that point so I'm not sure if it would have been as good sober.
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

meathookseed
Consort of the Beast

Postby meathookseed » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:13 am

Dredd= Awesome :D :D :D

Just a shame it didn't get enough bums on seats in the Flix so sequels seem unlikely at the moment. The second film was proposed as being in the Cursed Earth and the next to be about the Dark Judges,primarily Judge Death of course.
Monkey see,monkey do!

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:57 am

Darkweasel wrote:
There's a fine line between escapism and taking your audience for fools.

Well, whoopie shit.

Apart from the 2 Transformers sequels and Pearl Harbour I think Bay's movies are alll really good.
He has a little (practically indie) movie coming out soon called Pain and Gain, which looks pretty good. Hopefully that'll show all the Bay haters that there is a bit more to him than just blowing stuff up!

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:10 pm

I liked the final Transformers film, and like the idea of number 4 with a new cast, especially Mark Wahlberg, who I like as an actor, and new looks so they can go to new places and set 4 years later

I just enjoyed the films I have by him so far, I didn't watch Pearl Harbor though because I knew it was going to be a chest beating movie