What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jim
Denim Demon

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Jim » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:14 pm

Ndnd wrote:I actually rent my car park space out for one of the amount I have read on this page :/ I hate living in reading the rent is so steep despite it not actually being London.

Solution: move somewhere cheaper ;)
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Kami
Leather Rebel

Postby Kami » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:30 pm

Although not the response I was looking for, it was nice to actually hear back from one of the many companies I've contacted with regards to sponsorship this year.

I did have to laugh at the letter being dated September 2012 though.
I'm running 1000km (6 Marathons, 26 Half Marathons & 20 10ks) this year so sponsor me ya bastards!

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:43 pm

Ndnd wrote:I actually rent my car park space out for one of the amount I have read on this page :/ I hate living in reading the rent is so steep despite it not actually being London.

Yeah, prices down there are crazy.

When I lived in Bracknell on my placement year I was paying £550 a month for a one bedroom flat (and not a particularly nice one bedroom flat). Ten years later and you can still get a three-bedroom semi for that sort of money near where I live.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Metallumz
Warrior of Metal

Postby Metallumz » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:27 pm

Talking of expensive crap, I was browsing round the local hospice shop this afternoon and came across an Army Jacket (the kind that Leonard Hofstadter wears in TBBT) with the price-tag of £2.50, looking at similar Jackets online the usual RRP is between £50 and £70, so feel somewhat guilty that I swindled the Jacket for next to nothing but still... :lol:

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:36 pm

I signed up for a 77 mile bike ride on my birthday (July). I just need to find a charity to do it for and I can start raising money :D

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:00 am

Chatting to a very good friend of mine on facebook. We're talking about the outside possibility of making a Metal Camp 2014 appearance.

Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:18 am

I get fucking diabolical hangovers as a general rule regardless of what/how much I drink :lol:
Even take precautions like eating and making sure im hydrated before a sesh.
Couldn't even get out of bed the morning after Damnation, I estimate I had about 12-13 cans of Tuborg throughout the day + a pint in the pub and shots, which for someone my size, is quite a lot. But to be fair, I've had similar hangovers from half of that amount.
As for the whole booze argument, I don't see how you would grow out of drinking to get drunk. I mean, I very very rarely go to clubs or anything anymore, but knowing that I am going to get more pissed the more I drink is something I'm fully aware of and it only spurs me on sometimes. Wouldn't say I've ever been that pissed I've been a danger to myself/others though. Cocktails ftw. 9/10 it's a pint for me though.
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:29 am

Kylan_Paassa wrote:I get fucking diabolical hangovers as a general rule regardless of what/how much I drink :lol:
Even take precautions like eating and making sure im hydrated before a sesh.
Couldn't even get out of bed the morning after Damnation, I estimate I had about 12-13 cans of Tuborg throughout the day + a pint in the pub and shots, which for someone my size, is quite a lot. But to be fair, I've had similar hangovers from half of that amount.
As for the whole booze argument, I don't see how you would grow out of drinking to get drunk. I mean, I very very rarely go to clubs or anything anymore, but knowing that I am going to get more pissed the more I drink is something I'm fully aware of and it only spurs me on sometimes. Wouldn't say I've ever been that pissed I've been a danger to myself/others though. Cocktails ftw. 9/10 it's a pint for me though.

You seemed pretty sober to me, or shall I say compared to me. :lol:

Metallumz
Warrior of Metal

Postby Metallumz » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:23 am

I used to be the same but it stems from the social aspect that the more I used to drink the less I would care about being uptight in large crowds. Easily down 6 pints over a weekend and in a 4-hour timeframe its a pretty hard hit on the body and mind.

These days I go out about once a month, and the emphasis is placed less so on the booze and more towards the pub-bands & musicianship observance. Its a pretty eye-awakening experience having a guitarist kicking ass yet everyone else is just chatting amongst themselves not giving a crap. I'm more happier spending the other 3 weekends of the month at home with some Masala Tea and tunes on the PC.

Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:07 am

Turbo wrote:

You seemed pretty sober to me, or shall I say compared to me. :lol:

It's a shame I can't remember owt after the first 30 mins or so of the DJs, quite possibly more in a zombified state by that point then, certainly didnt feel sober, hit me hard on the coach back :lol:
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

Imperanonn
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Imperanonn » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:16 am

Danroush wrote:
Imperanonn wrote:
siliconfury wrote:
Shared? That's double the size of mine for slightly less than my monthly rent.

Yeah, £1550 a month between 4 of us. I'd be surprised if it had walls for just £100 a week. :lol:

Including bills?
Houses I'm looking at are around £65 per week plus bills, which isn't gonna be any higher than £85 really, so £100 a week really isn't that great, unless you're in like London or something

No way? It's the cheapest house we've found. £85 a week w/o bills is considered a bargain round here haha. Living near London has it's disadvantages. I think I'm just relieved that I don't get wet hair when it rains! :lol:
peypea wrote:I'm still angry that Middle Earth isn't real.

Last.fm Facebook
Add me on XBL: Winterfylleth

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:19 am

Charlie Brookers Weekly Wipe was quite funny. His hair cut on the other hand just made me think he was a total bell end for 30 minutes.

JrHunter
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby JrHunter » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:15 am

Annabel is planning a ridiculous awesome trip to go travelling around Europe :D

GetToTheChoppar
Denim Demon

Postby GetToTheChoppar » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:15 am

Imperanonn wrote:
Danroush wrote:
Imperanonn wrote:
Yeah, £1550 a month between 4 of us. I'd be surprised if it had walls for just £100 a week. :lol:

Including bills?
Houses I'm looking at are around £65 per week plus bills, which isn't gonna be any higher than £85 really, so £100 a week really isn't that great, unless you're in like London or something

No way? It's the cheapest house we've found. £85 a week w/o bills is considered a bargain round here haha. Living near London has it's disadvantages. I think I'm just relieved that I don't get wet hair when it rains! :lol:

The house I'm getting is £77 a week w/o bills and has all double bedrooms etc. £100 a weeks seems crazy money. :P
Turbo wrote:Move on, fuck her off. Smoke crack and worship satan.

Imperanonn
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Imperanonn » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:17 am

I live in Surrey, nothing is cheap. Not even the local spoons. :lol:
peypea wrote:I'm still angry that Middle Earth isn't real.

Last.fm Facebook
Add me on XBL: Winterfylleth