What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:39 am

It's payday. :D
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

black_rose
Leather Rebel

Postby black_rose » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:31 am

had a really good shift tonight
i love doing barwork!
Maybe I am just the road, dreaming that I walk

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:57 am

jackcake wrote:It's payday. :D

Oh yes!
And that means it's BEERTIME :drink:
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise

KenShiRo
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby KenShiRo » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:50 am

i got new guitar string the other day, and i shredded for 6 hours, and then i worked out my arse had died from too much sitting

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:06 pm

The first two Trouble re-issues have finally been released and are in the post

:D
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:13 pm

I got an advent calendar :D yeah i'm such a big kid.. I havent had one for years though. and it made shopping for my brothers birthday present more exciting

and I just watched Munich, very good film by the way, while hitting the wine. and now I'm making spicy pizza. it doesnt take a lot for me to be entertained on a saturday night

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:43 pm

WBA win/Fat Taff goal shocker. :lol:

Lick Mars wrote:and I just watched Munich, very good film by the way, while hitting the wine. and now I'm making spicy pizza. it doesnt take a lot for me to be entertained on a saturday night

TV and forums here. Oh yes, I'm a party animal. :P
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Samildanach
Leather Rebel

Postby Samildanach » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:57 pm

Lick Mars wrote:while hitting the wine

Mmm, wine. But tell me: are you a red drinker or a white drinker?
Oh, hi. I'm not Hollywood Steve. You caught me typing a new signature. This is the story of Kenny Loggins writing 'Footloose'.

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:06 am

Samildanach wrote:
Lick Mars wrote:while hitting the wine

Mmm, wine. But tell me: are you a red drinker or a white drinker?

both lol. but I've been drinking white, red usually just sends me to sleep. plus drinking a bottle or two to myself sends me mouth/teeth black, not too attractive.. :eyes:

Samildanach
Leather Rebel

Postby Samildanach » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:09 am

Hmmm, I suppose I can let you off with being a both-drinker.

I seem to only ever encounter lovers of white, you see. It baffles and frustrates me, being a red drinker myself.

You're right, though - a whole bottle does tend to inflict Liquorice Mouth. I get really bad wine lip - my whole bottom lip goes red in a slightly undead style after one glass. :?
Oh, hi. I'm not Hollywood Steve. You caught me typing a new signature. This is the story of Kenny Loggins writing 'Footloose'.

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:16 am

haha yeah some stuff stains really bad.
I dont get just white wine drinkers either, most of it tastes like piss, or is too sweet.
sometimes it just depends what you drink it with, like italian its nothing but red (ehh the parents are big wine drinkers, have to have it with every meal when I'm at home) .
though I drink red wine here and all I get is "GOFFIKKK!!!!" :lol:

Samildanach
Leather Rebel

Postby Samildanach » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:38 am

:lol: In a student pub near one of the unis in Nottingham I felt like a glass of wine (I don't like the place, to be frank - I was only there because it's near Rock City, heh). That was when I realised all around me were young lads drinking beer and girls drinking rose, and me in the middle with my black shirt, full length leather coat and glass of red. :lol: I think I looked like I was trying to be a vampire. :rolleyes:

Lydian Lady
Consort of the Beast

Postby Lydian Lady » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:31 am

Samildanach wrote::lol: In a student pub near one of the unis in Nottingham I felt like a glass of wine (I don't like the place, to be frank - I was only there because it's near Rock City, heh). That was when I realised all around me were young lads drinking beer and girls drinking rose, and me in the middle with my black shirt, full length leather coat and glass of red. :lol: I think I looked like I was trying to be a vampire. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Has to be red!! Happy today cos have music loud, sun is shining andhave a day off work! Easily pleased, I know!
Stand straight, look me in the eye and say goodbye!

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:39 am

I'm happy because I am sitting here in my dressing gown at 10:40, listening to Alice Cooper. I love my dressing gown ... oh and I love Alice too! :)

Bauul
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bauul » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:50 am

Lydian Lady wrote:
Samildanach wrote::lol: In a student pub near one of the unis in Nottingham I felt like a glass of wine (I don't like the place, to be frank - I was only there because it's near Rock City, heh). That was when I realised all around me were young lads drinking beer and girls drinking rose, and me in the middle with my black shirt, full length leather coat and glass of red. :lol: I think I looked like I was trying to be a vampire. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Has to be red!! Happy today cos have music loud, sun is shining andhave a day off work! Easily pleased, I know!

Can I be the boring sod who says "it depends"? White goes better with most food, Red only works if you've some thick red meat or other really heavy dish. Plus, White works better to quench your thirst.

If you're not eating though, Red every time, White just doesn't have the kick it needs compared to the quantity drank (i.e., for the smallish amount, you need something with more personality). Red, whilst it can put you to sleep, can hold its own on its own, unlike White.

That said, Rose works in actually more times than either Red or White, and can be enjoyed as a heavier or lighter drink, and is essential for barbacues.

Though, believe it or not, I'm a larger man myself.