What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:03 pm

My one experience with red wine put me off the stuff for life. In all fairness the best way to appreciate wine is probably not to buy a bottle of £2.50 Spanish red and swig it from the bottle outside a supermarket bog.

payne-metal
Paster of Muppets

Postby payne-metal » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:11 pm

dragonforce and firewind both being brilliant last night had a wonderful time and was worth the £20.55 i had to pay for my gf's ticket off ebay
ps all that remains suck real bad...

payne-metal
Paster of Muppets

Postby payne-metal » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:12 pm

oh and forest vs salisbury being on tv come on you reds!!!

Samildanach
Leather Rebel

Postby Samildanach » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:54 pm

Bauul wrote:Can I be the boring sod who says "it depends"? White goes better with most food, Red only works if you've some thick red meat or other really heavy dish.

I don't get this stuff with food. I drink red with all food, just because I like it more than white. I don't mind rose, but my girlfriend absolutely loathes it, and occasionally rants about it being an indecisive drink. Choose red or white, not both! :lol:
Oh, hi. I'm not Hollywood Steve. You caught me typing a new signature. This is the story of Kenny Loggins writing 'Footloose'.

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:10 pm

Samildanach wrote:
Bauul wrote:Can I be the boring sod who says "it depends"? White goes better with most food, Red only works if you've some thick red meat or other really heavy dish.

I don't get this stuff with food. I drink red with all food, just because I like it more than white. I don't mind rose, but my girlfriend absolutely loathes it, and occasionally rants about it being an indecisive drink. Choose red or white, not both! :lol:

Go order a pizza, from a decent-ish place, and eat it together with a glass of red, then you'll understand the food thing, cos it actually tastes better! My dad points this out everytime we have it :rolleyes: lol
And I never drink rose, its red or white, one or the other :P
Anyway, gone wildly off topic here lol

I'm happy today cos I got to sleep in, and lie in bed until 1 without being disturbed *streches* I needed that.

Samildanach
Leather Rebel

Postby Samildanach » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:39 pm

Lick Mars wrote:Go order a pizza, from a decent-ish place, and eat it together with a glass of red, then you'll understand the food thing, cos it actually tastes better!

Mmm, pizza and wine. You've succeeded in making me hungry and thirsty. Damn it. :P

The question on everyone's (i.e. my) mind is: does pizza & wine taste better than mars? :P
Oh, hi. I'm not Hollywood Steve. You caught me typing a new signature. This is the story of Kenny Loggins writing 'Footloose'.

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:50 pm

Samildanach wrote:
Lick Mars wrote:Go order a pizza, from a decent-ish place, and eat it together with a glass of red, then you'll understand the food thing, cos it actually tastes better!

Mmm, pizza and wine. You've succeeded in making me hungry and thirsty. Damn it. :P

The question on everyone's (i.e. my) mind is: does pizza & wine taste better than mars? :P

mars as in mars bars? yes :D I dont really do chocolate anymore ..

and you know whats made me happy today? Finishing this fuckin coursework!! 27 pages, uuurrgh.. means I can go home thursday now cos the deadline is Friday, yay! :)

*ignores the fact i still have more other coursework to do, at least until tomorrow*

Samildanach
Leather Rebel

Postby Samildanach » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:54 pm

Lick Mars wrote:
Samildanach wrote:

Well having never licked Mars myself, I'll have to take your word for it. [/badjoke]

Oh no, I've starting using BBcode humour again. Kill me. Now.

Lick Mars wrote:and you know whats made me happy today? Finishing this fuckin coursework!! 27 pages, uuurrgh..

27?! :o No wonder you like drinking wine!

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:03 am

:lol: and there was me trying to act all innocent
Lick Mars wrote:and you know whats made me happy today? Finishing this fuckin coursework!! 27 pages, uuurrgh..

27?! :o No wonder you like drinking wine!

haha, yeah well it wasn't all an essay (thank god) just a tour itinerary that took too fucking long to write! The 4 pages of explaining how I'd written it and explaining the roles of the tour manager only took a couple of hours lol. I dont wanna be a tour manager just cos I dont wanna have to write one of them fuckers again :rolleyes: lol

Samildanach
Leather Rebel

Postby Samildanach » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:30 am

Bah, tricking me into thinking you'd written a 27 page essay, just to get some sympathy. Despicable. :P

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:32 am

you don't know how long it took to write, and how much logical thinking I had to do! an essay probably would have been quicker to do, least I could have bullshitted it lol

Samildanach
Leather Rebel

Postby Samildanach » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:53 am

Supply me with some red wine and I should be able to muster some more sympathy. :yes:

Dsm
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Dsm » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:34 am

KenShiRo wrote:i got new guitar string the other day, and i shredded for 6 hours, and then i worked out my arse had died from too much sitting

I got some Ernie Ball Super Slinkies to put on my new Jackson. It took me 3 hours to figure out how to use the god damn floyd rose. I've never used one before. But what's made me happy is that it's all tuned now. Despite spending a further 3 hours tuning it in :)
Bruce Dickinson's eyebrows

black_rose
Leather Rebel

Postby black_rose » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:43 am

found out today that i get to go see my boyfriend this weekend for the first time in 3 weeks
happy doesn't cover it!
Maybe I am just the road, dreaming that I walk

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:00 am

Dsm wrote:
KenShiRo wrote:i got new guitar string the other day, and i shredded for 6 hours, and then i worked out my arse had died from too much sitting

I got some Ernie Ball Super Slinkies to put on my new Jackson. It took me 3 hours to figure out how to use the god damn floyd rose. I've never used one before. But what's made me happy is that it's all tuned now. Despite spending a further 3 hours tuning it in :)

Bastard floating bridges :x
All good and fun when they're strung and set-up, but getting them set up and restringing is a nightmare :( especially when changing tuning or guage :x