What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:01 am

A customer sent back a package because he claimed the paperwork inside was wrong. I checked. No it wasn't. WTF is he on about?
I sent it back with a letter that was polite and professional but with the merest undertone of "Screw you"

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:57 pm

Harry wrote:Hahah, I learned about the New Deal programme in Economics. Lousy spongers the lot of ya!

Franklin Delan Roosevelt, 1932, promising a 'New Deal' out of the depression...alphabet agencies, hehe, for some reason, everyone remembers the TVA...yay 20th Century history.

It's just a shame Mao' Great Leap Forward didn't work as well...
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

KenShiRo
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby KenShiRo » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:48 pm

Sammi Curr wrote:Damn straight!!! No excuse for anyone physically able to work not to be doing so in this day and age.

my excuse is a lack of motivation, I got all the skills but I'm a miserable bugger who needs to think more positively, hell when they saw my CV they was wowed by it and sent it to their head office for a general office job they have going in the building

I'll probably get round to doing some proper job searching to get away from the chavs, last day they might try and kill me or something!

Harry
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Harry » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:57 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:
Harry wrote:Hahah, I learned about the New Deal programme in Economics. Lousy spongers the lot of ya!

Franklin Delan Roosevelt, 1932, promising a 'New Deal' out of the depression...alphabet agencies, hehe, for some reason, everyone remembers the TVA...yay 20th Century history.

I thought it was introduced in 1998....well, I didn't do GCSE history :D :P

Lee Bloodstock
Dark Overlord

Postby Lee Bloodstock » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:11 pm

KenShiRo wrote:
Sammi Curr wrote:Damn straight!!! No excuse for anyone physically able to work not to be doing so in this day and age.

my excuse is a lack of motivation

Name: KenShiRo

:lol:
WARNING:!
The above post may contain comments of humour, sarcasm or personal opinion.
These comments do not necessarily reflect the views of the reader or their affiliates.
Reader discretion is advised.

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:41 pm

Harry wrote:
Twaddlefish wrote:

If you are talking about good ol' Jobcentre Plus New Deal ... it was '98! I was there .... :eyes:

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:55 pm

dragonmaiden wrote:
Harry wrote:
Twaddlefish wrote:

If you are talking about good ol' Jobcentre Plus New Deal ... it was '98! I was there .... :eyes:

Funnily enough, Clinton offered a 'New Deal' for Americans in 1996 I think, as part of his re-election campaign...seeing as he was a 'New' Democrat...

New Labour did a similar thing with MacMillan's 'Third Way' from 1938...

What's this thread about again?

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:56 pm

I didn't know what this New Deal thing was until this thread, but it scares me .. I hope I jump straight into a career straight after uni :|

KenShiRo
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby KenShiRo » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:10 pm

I just applied for 7 jobs thanks to the fish4jobs website, that's how much I wanna get away from the chavs

gotta apply for 50 jobs over the 2 weeks of this course, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone faked it on the sheets we gotta fill in

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:16 pm

My excuse is no fucker want's to employ me! I apply for at least 10 jobs a week, usually (a lot) more and most places don't even have the decency to send a standardised "we're terribly sorry but your application has been unsucessful this time" letter.

I'm told my C.V. is excellent, my covering letters are well written, my phone technique is second to none and I interview well but still no cigar - can't work if no-one will employ me!

I'm pretty much sick of it tbh and I'm putting together an application to go to uni as a mature (haha yeah right ;) :lol:) student next year.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:33 pm

PC virus.

Gah. :evil:
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Samildanach
Leather Rebel

Postby Samildanach » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:40 pm

Biiiillions of coursework. Damnation.
Oh, hi. I'm not Hollywood Steve. You caught me typing a new signature. This is the story of Kenny Loggins writing 'Footloose'.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:27 am

Seminar in 9 hours time. Balls.

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:26 am

my advent calendar giving me something i dont like for the second morning running. whos idea was it to buy Celebrations ones, I don't like Snickers or Bountys and I want some chocolate damnit!!

:eyes:

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:38 am

My advent calendar hasn't arrived from home yet...my mum always sends me one up! :cry: