What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Big D
Denim Demon
Posts: 9381
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:51 pm
Location: Portsmouth

Postby Big D » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:47 am

Either the headphones on my discman are going (Four days after I bought the damn things) or the discman itself is knacked. Either way - dammit!

User avatar
Lick Mars
I am the Law!
Posts: 3554
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Stuttgart
Contact:

Postby Lick Mars » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:12 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:My advent calendar hasn't arrived from home yet...my mum always sends me one up! :cry:

your mum rocks. I had to buy my own , havent had one for the last 2 year :cry:

Either the headphones on my discman are going (Four days after I bought the damn things) or the discman itself is knacked. Either way - dammit!

I dunno where you bought from, but i got 2 from tesco last year, they both broke pretty much straight away. waste of money!
Image

User avatar
KenShiRo
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:20 pm

Postby KenShiRo » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:38 pm

slight update on the job situation I've now found motivation, aka not wanting to be stuck in life going no where putting up with chavs, and so far it's sticking

also had 2 phone calls today from next and a job agency :)

User avatar
Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead
Posts: 5748
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:14 pm
Location: Hartlepool

Postby Lisa McNally » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:10 pm

KenShiRo wrote:slight update on the job situation I've now found motivation, aka not wanting to be stuck in life going no where putting up with chavs, and so far it's sticking

also had 2 phone calls today from next and a job agency :)


Well done! Keep up the good work! :yes:

Your BS Forum New Deal adviser! :lol:

Today ... for me ... people who blather on at meetings but say bot all! Get to the bloody point people!!! :eyes:

User avatar
Lick Mars
I am the Law!
Posts: 3554
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Stuttgart
Contact:

Postby Lick Mars » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:15 pm

Bloody drivers today..I HATE people with big posh cars who dunno how to fuckin drive!! had some dick on the way home, comes up and starts tail gating me (on dual carriageway, where im doin just under 70 on the outside cos I can see the rounabout comin up so im not exactly puttin my foot down, and I need to stay in that lane) so clever dick here overtakes me on the inside, well, TRIES, cos of course hes met with the queue of traffic now, so then cuts in front of me. what the fuck was the point? Oh yeah! hes in a big Jag! :rolleyes: i overtook him once i got to the roundabout anyway. where he was met with me waving a certain finger. Nob.

And some bint this mornin on the motorway, fuckin comes speedin up overtakin everyone, on the inside (again! can ya not see theres 3 lanes love?), then jumps in front of me cutting me off, only to come off at the next junction anyway, coulda just stayed as she was, not weavin about tryin to cause accidents.. fuckin nobber. I wish people would just learn how to drive on the soddin motorway, then maybe it wuldnt be like wacky bloody races!!

</road rage>



@kenshiro - you sound too happy to be in this thread, get in the other one :P congrats tho!
Image

Drugged_unholy
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1131
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:13 am
Location: Swansea/Cardiff
Contact:

Postby Drugged_unholy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:30 pm

KenShiRo wrote:slight update on the job situation I've now found motivation, aka not wanting to be stuck in life going no where putting up with chavs, and so far it's sticking

also had 2 phone calls today from next and a job agency :)


Thats exactly why they send you on those courses - not to help you but to piss you off into taking the first thing that gets you off the dole, and hence makes the unemployment stats look better. In my case however it had the opposite effect, I was determined to carry on taking the money just to stick it to them.

I only left when a job I actually wanted came along. If I'd taken the first crap shelf stacking thing I'd probably still be doing that now, by sticking it out (and doing volunteer work in the area I wanted to go into) I'm now far better off.

If I were you I'd just grin and bear it, then do voluntary/unpaid work in the field you actually want to go in while the dole are none the wiser.

User avatar
jackcake
Denim Demon
Posts: 7487
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Moseley, Birmingham

Postby jackcake » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:25 pm

Lick Mars wrote:my advent calendar giving me something i dont like for the second morning running. whos idea was it to buy Celebrations ones, I don't like Snickers or Bountys and I want some chocolate damnit!!


I'll have the Bountys! :D

Lick Mars wrote:</road rage>


:lol:

Nearly a classy accident in Brum this morning, dozy bugger deciding at the last minute he doesn't want to leave the roundabout just yet and cuts up the poor bugger beside him who wants to do just that. I think some people ought to learn how to drive full stop, never mind on motorways. DON'T get me started again on BMW Man. :P
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

User avatar
Lick Mars
I am the Law!
Posts: 3554
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Stuttgart
Contact:

Postby Lick Mars » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:05 pm

jackcake wrote:I'll have the Bountys! :D

lol I gave em to my mate, to trade for the Mars ones she doesnt like...she ate it before telling me she'd thrown them all away already :cry: bitch lol


I think some people ought to learn how to drive full stop, never mind on motorways. DON'T get me started again on BMW Man. :P

:lol: BMW man blocked me in to where I was parked at work today, bastards lol
Image

User avatar
jackcake
Denim Demon
Posts: 7487
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Moseley, Birmingham

Postby jackcake » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:14 pm

Lick Mars wrote: :lol: BMW man blocked me in to where I was parked at work today, bastards lol


BMW woman just tailgated me then bawled by at some reckless speed ten minutes ago. Gave her a good flash. :eyes: Caught up at some templights and she pipped her reverse lights at me. Flashed her back and grinned through her mirror. Last word. I'm such a bastard.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

User avatar
Lick Mars
I am the Law!
Posts: 3554
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Stuttgart
Contact:

Postby Lick Mars » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:26 pm

jackcake wrote:
Lick Mars wrote: :lol: BMW man blocked me in to where I was parked at work today, bastards lol


BMW woman just tailgated me then bawled by at some reckless speed ten minutes ago. Gave her a good flash. :eyes: Caught up at some templights and she pipped her reverse lights at me. Flashed her back and grinned through her mirror. Last word. I'm such a bastard.

:rofl:
yeah flashing people :eyes:
Image

ribbons69
Denim Demon
Posts: 5151
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:04 pm
Location: The howling edge

Postby ribbons69 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:36 pm

Getting repeated admin notifications on my NTL email account about "your inbox is full" No it isn't you fucking useless bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,


we fall to rise

User avatar
Samildanach
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1007
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:46 am
Location: Gwynedd, North Wales
Contact:

Postby Samildanach » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:51 pm

Lick Mars wrote:had some dick on the way home
jackcake wrote:Gave her a good flash.

This thread is becoming very...'adult' :o :lol: :P

Seriously though, I completely agree about drivers. The majority of people can't drive for shit and it pisses me off no end. Pet hate.

What has pissed me off today though? My mobile network has been arsing about, so I can't send messages or make calls even though I have credit. GRRRR! :x
Oh, hi. I'm not Hollywood Steve. You caught me typing a new signature. This is the story of Kenny Loggins writing 'Footloose'.

User avatar
Lick Mars
I am the Law!
Posts: 3554
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Stuttgart
Contact:

Postby Lick Mars » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:08 pm

^ I hope people read my full post before seeing what you quoted :oops: :lol: :lol:
Image

User avatar
Lee Bloodstock
Dark Overlord
Posts: 3550
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:14 pm

Postby Lee Bloodstock » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:58 am

Lick Mars wrote:And some bint this mornin on the motorway, fuckin comes speedin up overtakin everyone, on the inside (again! can ya not see theres 3 lanes love?), then jumps in front of me cutting me off, only to come off at the next junction anyway, coulda just stayed as she was, not weavin about tryin to cause accidents.. fuckin nobber. I wish people would just learn how to drive on the soddin motorway, then maybe it wuldnt be like wacky bloody races!!

</road rage>


Pots and kettles spring to mind.....there are three lanes on the motorway as you said, so if this "bint" had room to travel up the inside overtaking everybody, that would indicate that everybody she overtook (or rather undertook,and this evidently includes you) also need to learn how to drive on the soddin' motorway.......and STOP LANE HOGGING!!!
WARNING:!
The above post may contain comments of humour, sarcasm or personal opinion.
These comments do not necessarily reflect the views of the reader or their affiliates.
Reader discretion is advised.

Rob Bannister
Festival Compere
Posts: 2469
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:04 pm
Location: Chesterfield
Contact:

Postby Rob Bannister » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:29 am

Sammi Curr wrote:
Lick Mars wrote:And some bint this mornin on the motorway, fuckin comes speedin up overtakin everyone, on the inside (again! can ya not see theres 3 lanes love?), then jumps in front of me cutting me off, only to come off at the next junction anyway, coulda just stayed as she was, not weavin about tryin to cause accidents.. fuckin nobber. I wish people would just learn how to drive on the soddin motorway, then maybe it wuldnt be like wacky bloody races!!

</road rage>


Pots and kettles spring to mind.....there are three lanes on the motorway as you said, so if this "bint" had room to travel up the inside overtaking everybody, that would indicate that everybody she overtook (or rather undertook,and this evidently includes you) also need to learn how to drive on the soddin' motorway.......and STOP LANE HOGGING!!!


Fair enough for you to say in your super Lotus. It takes me 5 minutes to change lanes in my 70bhp Skoda diesel!
The mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the earth!