A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jim
Denim Demon

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Jim » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:56 pm

Nah I know how you mean, difficult to describe European phonics with English ones without knowing IPA inside out.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Purple n Batty » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:35 pm

Not in the LOL thread as didn't make me laugh, just find it amusing.

I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:45 am

Finding out that my younger brother and his girlfriend actually get into physical fights. Please tell me it's not just me, but surely when it gets to that point in a relationship it's most likely doomed and should not be continued? I'd like to clarify they both hit eachother, it's not just the man hitting the woman in this case.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:49 am

fluffymoo wrote:Finding out that my younger brother and his girlfriend actually get into physical fights. Please tell me it's not just me, but surely when it gets to that point in a relationship it's most likely doomed and should not be continued? I'd like to clarify they both hit eachother, it's not just the man hitting the woman in this case.

If it's coming to physical blows then they definitely shouldn't be together anymore.
But they've been at the stage of a horrible unhealthy relationship for such a long time. I hope they see some sense. They're too young to be in something like that :(
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:53 am

Are they doing them sober or after a drink? How often?

Use to happen a fair bit with mine, but always after a drink - wake up the next morning sore and hungover and always made up as it felt horrible.

If it's something to walk away from it has to be something they realize themselves, and trust me it can take some time.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:58 am

Yeah, the way they treat eachother nowadays is (excuse me, but) fucking disgusting behaviour. They call eachother the most vile things, there's actual physical violence, and they both just seem incredibly unhappy in the relationship the majority of times they're together. I'm mostly just upset for both their sakes, because when they're getting along they seem determined that it's meant to be the two of them. I struggle to understand how they could both let it come to this, it's not right at their age.

And they're both always sober, my siblings and I have healthy "relationships" to alcohol due to past experiences so that's not where the problems arise from. The girl has grown up in similar circumstances.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:00 am

Ndnd wrote:Are they doing them sober or after a drink? How often?

Use to happen a fair bit with mine, but always after a drink - wake up the next morning sore and hungover and always made up as it felt horrible.

If it's something to walk away from it has to be something they realize themselves, and trust me it can take some time.

If drinking causes arguments to arise then drinking shouldn't happen at all.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:11 am

It is a huge step walking away from that sort of thing. To be honest it sounds as though he looks up to yours and Rich's relationship as you have been together for a while and have a great relationship and he probably wants the same thing and is wanting the relationship to 'succeed' .

Problem is when you are trying to work on it, if someone is showing you support it can sometimes make them more determined to stick at it.

Your brother knows you will all support him , he might just need some time to walk away by himself. I was with bloke ages but because my friends dissaproved I seemed determined to stick with him and try and find the good in him. I made the decision myself though when I was left to it, I didn't get one 'I told you so' as my mates are awesome, they only cared for me and were waiting to be able to support.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:14 am

Lis, what do your parents think about this? Considering it happens a lot in their own home? Your family seem like wonderfully open, caring people, I think your parents should sit them both down to talk to them about it.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:27 am

I think my parents have done their best in this case, but we didn't know about the violence until now. My mum and dad have spent hours and hours with both my brother and his girlfriend, trying to help and listen.

They have said though, that they'd never accept violence* under their roof so I'll sit down with mum once the girlfriend has gone home to tell her everything. Sad thing is, the girl's parents don't seem to give a fuck about her or the relationship - they've spoilt her all her life, and the arguments they have at home are very much (verbal only) like my brothers' and hers. It's far from a broken home, but it's like they've sort of handed the girl over to my brother and gone "your turn, good luck" because they can't seem to deal with it themselves.

I hope some of it makes sense D: Feck knows we've all tried to help as best we can. I've been known to have 3 hour long chats with the girl myself to try and sort things out.

*Obviously I don't know how bad/little these fights have been - I've never seen any marks, but I don't think it matters in this case.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:41 pm

The awkward moment where you want to "like" someone's photo on Facebook, but you quite fancy them and have even asked them out recently only to get the response of (basically) "yes, but I'd only like to go out as friends", and don't want them to think you're being creepy/pushy..

I hate over-thinking everything.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

GetToTheChoppar
Denim Demon

Postby GetToTheChoppar » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:53 pm

Ahh, I know what you mean. :lol:
Turbo wrote:Move on, fuck her off. Smoke crack and worship satan.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:59 pm

Fuck it, I went for it.
Haha, why am I acting like it's such a big deal? It's not like all girls upload pictures thinking "I will fuck the shit out of anyone who likes this. Especially the first person."
Plus, if anything, me obsessing over her maybe thinking it's weird of me to "like" the picture, is creepy/weird.

Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:27 pm

I say if in doubt, don't 'like' it. At least that way there's nothing to be potentially read into by the like-ee, even you have no veiled intention in reality. Also some people have enough people pedestalizing them and I prefer to have no part in such things.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:11 pm

Yeah she's not one of these with 50 likes on each picture, haha. If she was, it'd most likely just go unnoticed, but she mentioned in one conversation that I "liked" a link she posted, which is why I freaked out.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock