Motorsport Enthusiasts Corner

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jim
Denim Demon

Re: Motorsport Enthusiasts Corner

Postby Jim » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:40 pm

It's complete tosh that viewers like exciting racing, and that if the two drivers were from different teams then none of this would have blown up?

Put your toys back in your pram, Andy. BTCC starts this Sunday. A British four wheeled formula with some action remaining.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:40 pm

siliconfury wrote:It's complete tosh that viewers like exciting racing, and that if the two drivers were from different teams then none of this would have blown up?

Put your toys back in your pram, Andy. BTCC starts this Sunday. A British four wheeled formula with some action remaining.

eh, I was replying to Noodle's reply on the previous page, go back a few posts dude :|
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:41 pm

Yeah, and I paraphrased Noodle's response in my response.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:44 pm

Andy Hall wrote:No that is complete tosh, Webber had turned his engine down, the 2 of them were told to hold station and turn the engines down, it's all over the press, it was said by the team boss live on air after the race had finished aswell, Vettel ignored that order, believe that if you want but I believe the evidence presented and it's all over the press, Vettel wouldn't have been that close of he had followed orders, Webber was quicker than he was throughout the race and his ego wouldn't allow that, the guy is an arsehole plain and simple

What in my last post are you trying to make a point about here?
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:45 pm

Noodle wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:No that is complete tosh, Webber had turned his engine down, the 2 of them were told to hold station and turn the engines down, it's all over the press, it was said by the team boss live on air after the race had finished aswell, Vettel ignored that order, believe that if you want but I believe the evidence presented and it's all over the press, Vettel wouldn't have been that close of he had followed orders, Webber was quicker than he was throughout the race and his ego wouldn't allow that, the guy is an arsehole plain and simple

That it was a good pass, the 2 cars were on different power settings, Vettel wouldn't have been that close to pass of he had done as he was told
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:45 pm

siliconfury wrote:Yeah, and I paraphrased Noodle's response in my response.

Ok now you're using big words to confuse me

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:51 pm

Andy Hall wrote:
Noodle wrote:

That it was a good pass, the 2 cars were on different power settings, Vettel wouldn't have been that close to pass of he had done as he was told

Keep in mind that Vettel also had the faster tyres on. If they were in different teams, I reckon it may well have been as close as that. I certainly think he'd have been sniffing around the DRS benchmark.

But Webber's engine was turned down, so the possibility of that scenario would have been nil, right?
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:53 pm

I honestly don't think he would have got that close, especially if he had turned his down too, hell we will never know, but that's my opinion, let's face it if it wasn't for the team radio none of us would have known any of this anyway, i'm really not sure of it's a good thing having them or not :?

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:48 pm

Andy Hall wrote:I honestly don't think he would have got that close, especially if he had turned his down too, hell we will never know, but that's my opinion, let's face it if it wasn't for the team radio none of us would have known any of this anyway, i'm really not sure of it's a good thing having them or not :?

Well stop dressing up your opinion as guaranteed fact. Also, it's not even guaranteed that Vettel didn't turn his engine down too, the order he disobeyed was to stay behind Webber, that said if you have a source that guarantees he was on a different engine setting please link me, because at the moment you're making a judgement based on an assumption based on another assumption

i.e.

You think he was probably on a different setting
You think if he wasn't then he wouldn't have got close enough
You decided he's a "cheat" because he disobeyed a team order, something people have been arguing against for years, especially at only the 2nd race in the season!

Also:

2011 British Grand Prix - Webber ignored team orders not to pass Vettel
2012 German Grand Prix - Webber refused to move over in qualifying to let his team-mate pass
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Bio-Zombi
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bio-Zombi » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:30 am

siliconfury wrote:It's complete tosh that viewers like exciting racing, and that if the two drivers were from different teams then none of this would have blown up?

Cool,I was wondering when it was due to start,that's me happy for 7 hours on Sunday :D
You should try being dead...

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:02 am

10.45am on ITV4 I think it is..

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:41 am

Danroush wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:I honestly don't think he would have got that close, especially if he had turned his down too, hell we will never know, but that's my opinion, let's face it if it wasn't for the team radio none of us would have known any of this anyway, i'm really not sure of it's a good thing having them or not :?

Well stop dressing up your opinion as guaranteed fact. Also, it's not even guaranteed that Vettel didn't turn his engine down too, the order he disobeyed was to stay behind Webber, that said if you have a source that guarantees he was on a different engine setting please link me, because at the moment you're making a judgement based on an assumption based on another assumption

i.e.

You think he was probably on a different setting
You think if he wasn't then he wouldn't have got close enough
You decided he's a "cheat" because he disobeyed a team order, something people have been arguing against for years, especially at only the 2nd race in the season!

Also:

2011 British Grand Prix - Webber ignored team orders not to pass Vettel
2012 German Grand Prix - Webber refused to move over in qualifying to let his team-mate pass

My God man why don't you just go tell Vettel how you feel about him, if you're too lazy to watch the after race reports and interviews and reaction, I'm not going to spoon feed you, Jesus wept

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:48 am

Grown men discussing motorsport turns into juvenile bickering. Hold the fucking presses.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:50 am

Fjar wrote:Grown men discussing motorsport turns into juvenile bickering. Hold the fucking presses.

:lol: :lol:

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:57 am

Fjar wrote:Grown men discussing motorsport turns into juvenile bickering. Hold the fucking presses.

Don't you have some knitting to do or something :eyes:

I'm going to regret this one I think