movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Beezerk
Consort of the Beast

Re: movies

Postby Beezerk » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:08 pm

Just watched Sightseers, cracking film.

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:54 pm

Darkweasel wrote:As our thickie hero beats up loads of kids, all it did was remind me of Nicolas Cage kicking the fat woman from The Wicker Man in the chest.

Nah, he just punches the fat one. It's the fit young one he does his flying karate kick on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLhB-ObRCtU

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:58 am

bloodfiend wrote:
Darkweasel wrote:As our thickie hero beats up loads of kids, all it did was remind me of Nicolas Cage kicking the fat woman from The Wicker Man in the chest.

Nah, he just punches the fat one. It's the fit young one he does his flying karate kick on:

How would you even remember that? You know, I'm actually proud I got that bit wrong as it proves the film is gradually slipping from my memory.

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:53 am

Darkweasel wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:

How would you even remember that? You know, I'm actually proud I got that bit wrong as it proves the film is gradually slipping from my memory.

lol just got a good memmory! I've only seen the film twice, once at the cinema and once to laugh at with some mates, but I've watched the youtube highlights many times, so I can remember most of the priceless moments.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:52 pm

On holiday watched:

Pet Semetary. Pretty beasty. Can understand the hype.

Silent Hill: Literally watched this film (parts and in whole) for over 15 hours in the past week. Every time something is confusing, shitty, or poorly written. It's a masterpiece. Great CGI tries, and fails, to pull this up to average. Terrible film. Greatest film.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:25 pm

Watched 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas'. Sentimental and sweet, but it's probably the worst war/holocaust film I've ever seen. The ending was extremely contrived.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Kami
Leather Rebel

Postby Kami » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:32 pm

Beezerk wrote:Just watched Sightseers, cracking film.

I've got this on standby for when I have a spare couple of hours to watch a film.

Jenny made me watch Teeth the other night, can't believe I've never seen it before. Definitely one to file under the so shit it's almost watchable pile, worth it for the creepy old man at the end alone. :lol:
I'm running 1000km (6 Marathons, 26 Half Marathons & 20 10ks) this year so sponsor me ya bastards!

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:21 pm

Fjar wrote:Watched 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas'. Sentimental and sweet, but it's probably the worst war/holocaust film I've ever seen. The ending was extremely contrived.

It was based on a book aimed at 12-15 year olds and unfortunately suffers by coming across the same way, falling somewhere between too intense for children but not powerful enough for adults.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:29 pm

^ The best film of that kind that I've seen is "La vita è bella" (Life Is Beautiful). An absolutely superb film.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:15 am

Recently watched:

Rampart: One of those films where nothing really happened in it, but it was an enjoyable film. Harrelson is brilliant in it. Would have been nice to have ended a bit better though.

Oz The great and Powerful: Beautiful movie and surprisingly really good fun. Takes a lot of influence from the classic Wizard of Oz movie, but adds it's own elements, and it actually works!

The Croods: Despite it being given only 2 stars by Empire, I thought it was the best animated movie since Toy Story 3. The animation itself was superb, including the 3D, but it had some really good humour in it. It doesn't really have too many of those jokes that only the adults will get, but it doesn't need to. Good feel good fun!

Trance: Saw it straight after The Croods, which may have effected my mood a little, but again a fantastic movie. A crime movie with lots of twists and turns, but a total mindfuck. Every sequence gives you uncertainty as to whether it's actually happening or if it's a dream, or just fiction. Cinematography, as the norm for Boyle, is stunning and acting top notch.

We also discovered that we get 25% off at the bar in cineworld with our unlimited card...which means a large Gaymers and a pint of Guiness came to just over a fiver...cheaper than 'Spoons. I know where I want to go next time I want to get pissed :P

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:15 pm

Just got around to watching The Bourne Legacy. Very much enjoyed it. Not as much of the element which made the first three films rather special (to me at least), but still bloody enjoyable and enough faced paced thrills to keep me engrossed for a couple of hours.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:25 pm

I agree with that, I'm looking forward to the next one now
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:59 pm

kanet666 wrote:^ The best film of that kind that I've seen is "La vita è bella" (Life Is Beautiful). An absolutely superb film.

Yes, this is a great movie. ALthough I quite enjoyed TBitSP too.

Podgie.
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Podgie. » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:03 am

I 3rd Life Is Beautiful's greatness.

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:06 am

Watched American Mary, apart from the obvious eye candy in katherine isabelle, the film itself isn't that bad